Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2007 Camaro, offical GM Sketch

this doesn't make sense, it was susposed to be ceased, because it was old and not selling as well, so whay are they bringing it back. it seemed that they were sure about this.

but hey bringing it back is a good thing.

The zeta which is under the opel insignia is very versatial so many mods can be done on this, You should see a U.S built GTO in the future based from this Holden Zeta, But plenty will benifent from the zeta
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by Karrmann
    this doesn't make sense, it was susposed to be ceased, because it was old and not selling as well, so whay are they bringing it back. it seemed that they were sure about this.
    It wasn't selling well not because it was old. the Mustang is older, it was first made back in 1964, the Camaro and the Firebird first came out as 1967 models. The problem was the the last generation design was plain looking if not ugly, and too big. The 67 to 69 Camaros were smaller and much better looking, which is what this design seems to be based on. To me it does make sence to bring it back, specially with this "look", that was the best of them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Karrmann
    but hey bringing it back is a good thing.
    Yeah, the Mustang needs some competition
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Looks good, but does give the impression that GM is just jumping on the bandwagon, but oh well.
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari Tifosi
    Looks good, but does give the impression that GM is just jumping on the bandwagon, but oh well.
    You fight fire with fire, right?
    Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory.

IMO I dont think GM is jumping on the bandwagon.. The original Mustang was released in 64 and they released the retro in 2004/2005. The original Camaro was released in 67 and the rero model in 2007.. Does anyone else see a pattern here? Besides Chevy released the retro El Camino before Ford came out with the retro Mustang. I think this new Camaro is HOT and I definitely will buy one.

Welcome to UCP.

What car was the retro elcamino that chevy released?
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

It looks to be a great looking concept. Lets hope it comes out earlier than 2007. The only thing that I don't like is the line that carries off the front wheel. Looks kinda wierd, it just doesn't really fit the car. But other than that small detial I am happy with the concept and I hope it comes out.
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

Well generally concepts on paper are far more radical than how the actual car will look. GM really has to bring back the Camaro to compete with Ford's new mustang which looks to become one of the most successful mustang generations.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv
    Welcome to UCP.

What car was the retro elcamino that chevy released?
    lmao. no kidding i would love to see that. The camero looks good though. Not the first pic i've seen. hopefully it is more sucessful than the mustang. i deffinatly like the over all look more.
    Ucp's #1 Toyota Supra fanatic......still.

2006 Scion tC..
    Forced Induction - Props to Dezod Motorsports & PTuning

GM should make the Camaro based on the early 80's one and the last one. I saw a GM offical pic of something like that, longtime a go. If they follow the Stang bandwagon, I will be severly dissapointed. The stang had to follow the most famous looking one, of the mid to late 60's (though it was a good idea). The camaro ,on the other hand, has a much better design history to base the next one on, other then the truly outdated on of the 60's, that should stay classic). I think and many say that the early 80's Camaro (and Trans Ams) were the best looking ones. With a signature grill and aero slightly sloping nose. I also think "Kit" from "Night Rider" was Mod 80's Camaro/Trans Am
    But of course GM is more then likely to f--k this one up, with somehting like the SSR.

hmm to me (a brit) that looks remarkably like the new mustang. feel free to shoot me for heresy against my opinion that most american muscle cars look the same

2006 camaro

[QUOTE=Smokescreen]

NOW in 67-69 the camaros rocked and then they went down hill from there. Look at some of the 70s camaros. who wants a 74 -90 not me. A 2 seater will kill the car forever. Lets just not go there .Don't put the pickup grill in the camaro. COME ON GM ASK CAMARO LOVERS WHAT THEY WOULD BUY AND WANT IN THERE DRIVEWAY.......................................... ............ I changed the mustang looken car to this. .................................................. ............................... ............WITH THAT COME ON ALL YOU CAMARO LOVER.....POST YOURS
    Last edited by camaro1967; 03-27-2005 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    As much as I like it, I think the US companies need to stop going retro. It's getting played out. Too much of a good thing IS a bad thing. But hot hot car. I'd definitely be seen in that.
    Some of the best looking cars were made years ago. I think retro is good. I've been saying since 1970, bring back the '69 Mustang.......they finally listened to me. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

That Chevy looks like a winner. From the way the PT Cruiser is selling and now the new Mustang, it's a new trend....played out? Just getting started!
    Last edited by izzy; 03-27-2005 at 10:27 PM.
    no harm in asking

Now, we need some classic looking Italian machinery retros...like one of mine.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by izzy; 03-27-2005 at 10:40 PM.
    no harm in asking

Thread Information