Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2002 Chevy Camaro SS and Skyline R34 GT-R

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    How do you figure that?
    Biased against whom?
    Ask anybody that has ever watched the show who is not british.
    Will we ever know?
    I never read anything about a defect, so all i can do is assume.

Personally, I would much rather enjoy thrashing an S2000 about some country lanes and getting poor mpg, than cruising along a straight bit of highway in 6th with the engine barely above tickover in the Camaro.

Like Matra, I am a bit annoyed that it is I who have had to provide the evidence for this argument.
    And I personally rather be in an SS beating a S2000 around a track, and not having to wait for it to get to a usable RPM range.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    Ask anybody that has ever watched the show who is not british.
    It is true! You don't read anything!

How long has Top Gear been biased? Just in the last few series, or since the show started back in 197?/ 8?

And how does that equate to the magazine, which is different to the television programme, being biased?

Apart from people moaning about stuff like the Corvette review, I can't say that I have heard many non-brits who have said that it is grossly biased.
    Thanks for all the fish

It is true! You don't read anything!

How long has Top Gear been biased? Just in the last few series, or since the show started back in 197?/ 8?

And how does that equate to the magazine, which is different to the television programme, being biased?

Apart from people moaning about stuff like the Corvette review, I can't say that I have heard many non-brits who have said that it is grossly biased.
    Tell me what do you want me to read?

Tell me what do you want me to read?
    This:
    You judge road test figures from Top Gear magazine, from over 5 years ago, because of comments made on the Top Gear television programme a few weeks ago? The television programme is made by different people than the magazine.
    Top gear has always been known to be biased...
    What exactly do you mean by "Top Gear has always been known to be biased"?

Do you mean that
    a) Top Gear, since it's introduction sometime in the 1980s (I think) on the television, and that all programmes and magazine publications since then are biased.

Or

b) The Top Gear television programme, during the last few series in its 'new format' has become opinionated and biased.

I accept statement b) to be true, as it has become "The Jeremy Clarkson Show", and it is well documented about how opinionated he can be.

I don't really accept statement a) unless you have some very good evidence to back it up, as I have been watching Top Gear for at least 10 years, and never really noticed any "bias" untill the 'new format' came along.
    Thanks for all the fish

That is not true, because when all three presenters review the cars, they will always highlight good and bad points- some cars are worse than others, which is why some may have less good points and more bad points (i.e. Nissan Cube), some are perfectly in the middle (Renault Clio 182) and others are viewed as fantastic (Aston Martin DB9). My case rests. If they dispute it, it still doesn't affect the overall result (unless Jeremy decides he's going to use his height advantage to put cars where he wants them on the cool board.... cheeky rascal!).

Thread Information