Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hate it

17 34.00%
  • Love it

33 66.00%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I hate America" Thread

well +1 to whoever voted hate, at least they're being honest.

Please don't take this as a "America is always right, everyone else is wrong" statement. America has some serious flaws, especially with the Bush league. In addition, I think GM is light years behind say, mercedes or even Honda. In particular, Chrysler's quality has increased immensly since pairing with Merc. However, this isn't to say they are all crap, as so many people love to say (why do americans all drive big cars?, etc). Yeah, the Camaro wasn't close to say an Aston Martin, but it had its charms, and it was never meant to be at the same level. Hell, you could probably pay less for a Camaro than an Aston Martin's windsheild or a skyline's transmission. I don't think some people got the point of the Skyline/SS thread, which was to see if the car had a foreign fan base like the Skyline does here. Instead, it turned into a bash American cars because they all handle like crap PERIOD.
    And Iraaaaaaaaaaaan

Iran's so far awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...

ROR

Quote Originally Posted by CoTTerik
    Guns should be illegalised.

No offense but thats the dumbest idea ever conceived.

I saw a bumper sticker that sums up my beliefs about guns, and people who want them gone. It said, "Gun control means using both hands"

Anyways, I love America, and President Bush, and if you dont like us, then we probably dont like you either and too bad.

I'm not trying to offend anyone here, but since we are being "honest" i feel the need to speak my mind as well. I dont want any eneimies on a site meant for cars
    Last edited by werty; 08-20-2004 at 08:52 PM.
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

I think you gys will find that hate is far too strong a word for something like this. I do not HATE america, I find some of their actions and idiosyncracies a bit odd, but i do not hate them.

if you look around this forum one of the main types of humour going on is sarcasm, IE: people taking a little fun dig at each other, and since we cannot know what each other are like in a face-to-face conversation, we will just have to go on what we do know, like their country.

From what i gather, and this is a really general statement, the American contigient of our forum seems to be taking some of the comments to heart, and has let themselves become paranoid that the forums hate them and hate everythign their respective country is about. Which is an utter lie.

When i call my PM a dickhead, you seem to nod and not car, but when i call GWB a Dickhead, you seem to take a step back, wrap yourselves in the American flag, and preach that their is no better land than the one you live in.

I am not foolish enough to think that australia is without it's flaws, the whole Boat People issue brings that to mind, so to say something like that only ends up making you guys look foolish. We like having your point of view in these Forums, and, as popular as an Anti-America stance might be at the moment, the fact is most of our lives are affected, daily by you guys. From the very laptop that i am writing this on, to my bed that i sleep in.

Don't think we all are simply haters, we like you guys.

We don't like some of your decisions, but hey, I don't like some of my own Countries decisions!
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

if america sucks why are there so many people begging to get in and become citizens? america is a superpower ina militeristic and economic standpoint
    Pagani Zonda C12S
    Cylinders: 12
    Horsepower(HP): 555 @ 5900 RPM
    Torque(FT-LBs.): 533 @ 4050 RPM
    0-60: 3.6 sec
    Top Speed: 220 mph

UCP's #1 Pagani Zonda fan & other mountain biker.

You da man, Werty. I can't believe someone can complain about the government and propose the banning of guns in the same sentence. Once you've allowed the government to disarm you, you're pretty much stuck with that government aren't you? After all, an armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject. That's the real basic reason for many American's attitude towards guns. Sure, we believe in the right of personal self-defense, but underneath that is the knowledge that a well-armed populace always has the last-ditch option against the onset of tyranny. And our government knows it. That's why those of us who are not hypocrites will always support the right of people all over the world to rise in armed rebellion against tyrannical governments. Violence and bloodshed are bad. Tyranny and slavery are worse.

I am genuinely interested to know how American citizens would feel if suddenly all other countries suddenly demanded that Americans entering a foreign country would have to apply for a visa from an embassey, be photographed, fingerprinted, and that that information would be passed to the intelligence services.
    Actually a large portion of American assume that to be the case already, since relatively few have travelled abroad. This shouldn't be belittled, the way Europeans tend to. Most Americans simply have no reason to travel to Europe, Asia, Australia, etc. Whether we want to visit the mountains, the beach, the desert, farmland, or a metropolis, whether we want to climb a 14,000 foot peak, explore a glacier, or lounge around on a tropical island, we can do any of those things without leaving our borders. Heck we can do it without getting on a plane. And don't forget that travelling to other countries (Mexico and Canada excepted) isn't a relative hop and a skip like it is for say, a Londoner to visit Barcelona or a Parisian to check out Prague. We've got oceans to deal with in both directions. Travel to foreign countries is a relatively major undertaking.
    "The good news is, not one of the 50 states has the death penalty for speeding....although I'm not too sure about Ohio."

Sesquipedalian -- a really cool word. It means long-winded, polysyllabic, or verbose. See the word describes itself...isn't that neat?

1988 Nissan 200SX SE V6

UCP's most hardcore S12 fan!

Quote Originally Posted by CoTTerik
    Guns should be illegalised.
    so your saying nobody can safely own a firearm??? im 14 and i have been around firearms almost all my life (since 3) and i am very safe (if you dont think so then come down to NC and i can show you a thing or 2 about marksmanship& gun safety). its just the lunitics that go on shooting sprees that ruin everything. not everybody is an idiot that is out to kill everybody, no offense but try making a non liberal view about it. I DO AGREE that guns should be kept out of some peoples hands but for a civilian to not own a gun... thats just wrong.... just my 2 cents
    Last edited by GEO-oNe; 08-20-2004 at 10:22 PM.
    Pagani Zonda C12S
    Cylinders: 12
    Horsepower(HP): 555 @ 5900 RPM
    Torque(FT-LBs.): 533 @ 4050 RPM
    0-60: 3.6 sec
    Top Speed: 220 mph

UCP's #1 Pagani Zonda fan & other mountain biker.

^ right on cls12vg30

dont think people coming to the US are the only ones getting checked for stuff, every time i get on a plane i have to take my shoes off, my belt off, and walk through a radar device, while my bag is hand searched, and they check my two id cards, and on top of all that i have to show up two hours before boarding the plane

what did you think would happen after a major attack (9-11) from terrorists....did you think we would open the gates and let anyone come in?

I agree with IB4R. Hate is too strong a word for the title, although i did vote that I "hate" America... That doesnt mean I'm saying that i hate the people that live there but i think that America is up themselves too much and they will be much better off without Bush. America thinks that they are all mighty and powerful and go to war for anything... BUt the American Army cannot defeat guerilla forces like in Vietnam and in Iraq...
    This is just my opinion so please dont get mad at me...
    "Please, just stop blabbering! If you want to blabber...go to supercars.net cause UCP aint gonna accept this kind of behaviour." - Gtek-i

http://junaman.wordpress.com/ New articles up.

Here we go.

We've had a thread regarding what bad about America, and the people who seem to be posting here weren't happy about that.

Then they get their own thread, and suddenly the claws come out.

Gun control is a contentious issue. i am in favour of Gun Education, teaching kids that these things aren't playthings, the problem is most americans keep a gun in their house just because it makes them feel better, knowing they can point it at something/one and they'll go away. But then their kids find it, and.........

And it's no different from America trying to get countries like Syria and North Korea to disarm, then your stuck with power hungry people in the white house as the only people with their finger on the red button.

GEO one has proved my point; as a three year old he has been around firearms, did you know the consequences of there use back then? if you fired it, were you repremanded by your parents? it's ridiculous to say that firearms are the trouble of the world, but certainly the people holding them.....

Does a country who does all the searches WERTY bemoaned about seem comfortable and safe? Paranoid, yes.

I don't blame all Americans, i like many of the ones i have met, including most of you, but to have such a superior view of all other countries seems odd.

And for the record Australia has the same problem as the U.S. almost more so, because we are a full island. We seem fine with it, why aren't you? you've got it better than us.

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    , the problem is most americans keep a gun in their house just because it makes them feel better, knowing they can point it at something/one and they'll go away. But then their kids find it, and.........

You know, maybe you cant comprehend this, but you are totally offending me by saying this!

You are sterotyping Americans into idiots, labeling the majority of my people as air heads with no common sense or decency.

It's people like you that are the major problem in this world! I cant beleive you! Sitting there, telling me how Americans say they are better than the rest, when you yourself are telling me whats wrong with my country, president, etc.

You are a TOTAL HYPOCRYTE

btw, i neg repped you ibfr, I dont appreciate a non-american telling me how it is and should be in my country
    Last edited by werty; 08-20-2004 at 11:32 PM.

I don't hate america or love america. I respect them. Hate is a very strong word which i really dislike to use.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

If you'd bothered to read my earlier comment, which is obviously a bit of a hassle, you'd have noticed how i actually said my country, or indeed me, is not perfect. To hassle the U.S. is just the same. I am sick of you guys always playing the victim, with everyone else hating you, but you not hating anyone.

Get real.

And thanks for the Neg Rep, i shall return the favour.

simmer down guys, simmer down. i dont play the victim, personally i dont care. its your right to have your opinion about anything you want. you can tell me how to live my life, how to run my govt, what i should and shouldnt have, etc. it doesnt make me want to lash back at you or cry out(not picking on you IB4R, just talking in general).

i just try and let ppl see that mabe their suposedly unbiased outside view isnt much better than most americans suposedly unbiased inside view of things. i sometimes get the feeling the animosty stems from the fact that many feel the US is the worlds "big brother" watching, controlling, overseeing whatever you want to call it, which is true to an extent which means the negetive feeling of most things american is justified... to an extent. it seems most ppl see the part that influences them the most, the economy, the foriegn policy, th military action etc. and whether they like to admit it or not they just spread the banket of dislike over all things american such as the stereotype of most americans being "morons" as so lovingly put by knife edge, or american cars being hunks of crap. i hate to think that the world view of our great country is represented by the action or misaction of our awesome govt. or the opinionated few that lash out against all criticism that DONT represent the views of the whole nation because its not, many ppl actually agree with what many of you are saying they dont come on the net and run of their mouth

personaly i think bush is going to win the election, the opinion of most ppl i know and have talked to ishe is the lesser of 2 evils(much like the selections at our last election) ppl would rather have someone in office that they know what they stand for than someone who changes his answer based on the audience and what ppl would think of him. if kerry gets in we might pull out of iraq which we all know would be worse than staying.

anyway sorry if my post didnt make any sense as its late and im a little buzzed. oh well ill read it tomarrow goodnight
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

like many, i dont hate america, but i also dont love the place. i have no problem with the people, otherwise i wouldve been long gone from a international forum such as UCP.

but.......

Quote Originally Posted by cls12vg30
    You da man, Werty. I can't believe someone can complain about the government and propose the banning of guns in the same sentence. Once you've allowed the government to disarm you, you're pretty much stuck with that government aren't you? After all, an armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject.
    things like this personally scare me. whats so bad about the thought of being disarmed of a weapon easily capable of killing? i dont know anyone who has a gun and i doing just fine.

whether this offends you or not, i just have to get it off my chest. the thought of someone like GWB leading a country as powerful as america is a worry. most people when the UN told them not to go into Iraq, wouldnt have. dont get me wrong though on this one though, i can understand how the american people had little to prevent this.

im sure people like sandwich, werty and cls12vg30 are trying to do the right thing, but reading through the thread, one persons argument is the fuel to someone elses fire. maybe the thread should just be closed
    I am the Stig

well look, dont flame me or anything, but i cant help but think that america seems to think they are all high and mighty, as for iraq, i think every country that invaded was a big mistake....

i watched both recent michael moores movies today (farenheight 9-11 and bowling for columbine) and it scared me that when michael moore got an account with a bank he got a rifle. its stupid. lets all hand out lethal killing machines!!

i think guns are very bad, and that noone should have them, there will always be some deranged person willing to kill. so i guess that rules my point out entirely.

anyway, i am not going to say anymore of my points coz i dont want to get flamed. i like some things from america, but i hate the way they portrait their enimies and their culture.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Thread Information