Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: favorite japanese car

favorite japanese car

mine is the first generation mazda RX-7
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

I can't really decide between all the modern ones, so I'll have to go with the Toyota 2000GT. A rare beauty.
    Last edited by Egg Nog; 09-12-2003 at 06:08 PM.

Skyline R34 V-Spec II

I know it's cliche but hey....it's a bad ass car so.......maybe the
    ZZ-II from Tommy Kaira if they actually made them.
    Most wanted cars:

Ford GT, Aston Martin DB9, Nissan Skyline R-34 V-Spec II, 2004 SVT Cobra Mustang, VW Golf R32, TVR Cerbera 4.5, Ford Focus RS, Aston Martin Vanquish S

Still waiting.....Shelby Cobra, Shelby GR1, 2006 Ford Lightning, Next generation SVT Mustang Cobra 2006? Mazda Speed RX8

Oh yeah...

I forgot this.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Most wanted cars:

Ford GT, Aston Martin DB9, Nissan Skyline R-34 V-Spec II, 2004 SVT Cobra Mustang, VW Golf R32, TVR Cerbera 4.5, Ford Focus RS, Aston Martin Vanquish S

Still waiting.....Shelby Cobra, Shelby GR1, 2006 Ford Lightning, Next generation SVT Mustang Cobra 2006? Mazda Speed RX8

Any Japanese car? I'd take a Mazda RX-7 Spirit-R. Can we say... sideways? *giggles*
    Last edited by BloodRoses; 09-16-2003 at 04:35 AM.
    Faerie Blessings,
    Stephanie - www.GlitterFaerie.net

1993 Honda Civic Si !!!

Or the Supra from around that time too !
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

I can't really decide between all the modern ones, so I'll have to go with the Toyota 3000GT. A rare beauty.
    i know what a 2000 GT is but what's a 3000 GT?
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

It's like a Dodge Stealth

Last edited by BloodRoses; 09-16-2003 at 04:35 AM.
    Faerie Blessings,

3000gt is mitsubishi gto.

Question I think

He must have meant a 2000 GT if he was talking about a Toyota.
    But there are those TRD tuned cars I've seen in GT2, they had names like that. There were two I believe, a Supra and an MR2, I forget which one was called 3000 GT.

But I think he just meant the old 2000 GT
    Most wanted cars:

Those, I believe were "GT3000" etc. I could be wrong... but that's a photo of a 3000GT above
    Faerie Blessings,

first off the best japanese car is the RX-7 hands down...
    second "1993 Honda Civic Si " WTF r you thinking...
    3rd the toyota 2000GT is toyotas first true sports car as far as im concerned, the TRD 2000GT and 3000GT are tuner cars that share the namesake to pay hommage or whatever the TRD 2000GT was based off the non-turbo MR-2 the TRD 3000GT was based off the Supra, the mitsu GTO is called the 3000GT here in the states but the same car(but its too heavy for its own good and more of a crusing car than a true sports car) also i like the skyline and the supra the skyline for its power and handling and race heritage, and the supra because it may not be the best handler and it may be a bit heavy but the engine is a gem and the stoutest to come in a production car and it deserves respect, mabe not as much as its getting but thats another story...
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

well as most of u no i'll pick a skyline r34...rx-7, supras, 3000gt and the rest of the cars japan make are all really good. good thin is dat japans 6 cylinder cars smoke the american 10 cylinder cars. i like da MR2...its a good car...

no... they dont... the only 10 cylinder american sports car that im aware of is the dodge viper and it will beat every car you mentioned in any profesional form of racing, i dont even really like vipers either, they do with a v10 what could easily be done with a v8 but it still has more power and is faster than those cars, jeeas this guy is worse off than i thought...
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

Even as big of a fan of Mazda, Rotary, and RX-7's as I am, I wont say it's THE best. But I do believe it's the best for me. Also, I've seen many high end Supra's hold their own against RX-7's, and Skylines keep up with them on the 1/4 but quickly lose pace after that (still VERY good cars, though). Dodge Viper head to head vs. an RX-7 on a full track? Depends which one is more modified. Remember, the RX-7 is a lot smaller, a lot lighter, has better downforce, and still has torque from hell to top it

P.S. I personally don't like the Civic or MR2, but I think a lot of people lose sight on what makes a great car. That's why I love RX-7's. When Mazda makes a car they're not trying to make it fast, or have big numbers. They're designing a car that's fun to drive, that inspires me to grab my keys and drive for the absolute sake of just driving, and if Civics do that for people, more power to them (just don't expect to see me in one *grin*)... and now I've resorted myself to ranting...
    Faerie Blessings,

Thread Information