Quote Originally Posted by megotmea7
you could run 87 or 89, it wont damage your motor, you probly wont make as much power as the ecu would most likely retard some timing but it wouldnt damage the car, manufacturers make a rather large margine for error, threes always the possibility of a bad tank of gas and someone who beats on their car, stock bpth cars probly come with some form of a knock sensore or anothere wich would prevent the unlikely detonation anyway. personaly id take the 240 the prelud is a fun car and it has one of hondas best motors but rwd and the potential of the 240 would sway me in that direction. plus fwd cars arnt as fun to drive altho your tires might last longer
Well, that ATTS system is s'posed to make it handle like a RWD, but I know what you mean (mmm, donuts ). And the other thing to sway me in the direction of the Prelude would be the better traction in rain and snow (as I plan on living in Wisconsin). Again, we'll see what's easier to get ahold of in my price range when I actually go to get the car. Another factor is that I don't plan on/don't really want to bother doing any big mods to whichever car I get, so I'd want the one with the best overall balance stock (and the Prelude has more power and such stock). The 240SX, however, is much cheaper than the Prelude (for the years I want). Anywho, thanks a lot for the info . This way, I don't hafta have anymore sleepless nights wondering whether or not I can run regular unleaded . But seriously, thanks a whole lot.