Thread: Lancer Evolution MR at Nurburgring

Lancer Evolution MR at Nurburgring

anyone know what the Lan Evo MR did at the nurburgring?
    i heard the impreza sti spec c did 7 min 59 sec on it and i was intrested to know what the mr would do?
    the spec c is a lightened version of the sti and against everything i believe in i actually think it would beat ne lan evo short of the FQ340 MR version, the spec c has 90 kg (i think) off the standard sti while the MR only has 10 off the euro and japanese spec (no one cares about the american version, they're just evo 7s without active diffs and strengthened gearbox)
    based on the little information i have i estimate the evo MR (standard 280) to do maybe 8 min 3-4 sec while the higher level fq320 and fq340s to do maybe 8min - 7min low 50s respectively

have a look on google.... that may shed some light, or you can email Autocar magazine, they're usually pretty clued up on that sort of thing.

OOOoooOOOOhhhhh!!!!!!!! lancer at nurburgring!!!!!!!!!!!!
    There is 3 people on a boat with loads of children running around it, the 3 people are: 1. Bob geldof, 2. Ozzy Osbourne, and 3. Micheal jackson, they're sailing out for the G8 live aid, they've hit a rock and they're sinking, bob says: "save the children!" ozzy says: "Fuc the children!"

Micheal says "have we got time?"

The german car magazine "sport auto" is a very good magazine for car enthusiasts.
    They focus on fast and sporty cars, but not only Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini etc, but also tuned cars.
    They test them on the famous nordschleife, the (short) Hockenheimring and in a wind tunnel.
    They also test the acceleration and more.
    In one of the last issues (5/04) the Subaru Impreza WRX STI was tested, and the Carisma GT Evo VII was used as a reference car (tested earlier).
    The Subaru did the Nordschleife in 8.24 min, and the Carisma in 8.25 min.
    In Hockenheim the Subaru took 1.17,9 min for one lap, and the Mitsubishi 1.18,2 min.
    Overall the Subaru had 42 out of 70 points and the Mitsubishi 38.
    By the way, the Porsche 911 GT3 RS did the Nordschleife in 7,47 min and the Hockenheimring in 1.11,8; the Mercedes SLR took 7.52 min and 1.13,5 min, and the Porsche Carrera GT less then 7.40 min (it was wet, but the test will be redone soon) and 1.08,6 min.
    Under 8min on the nordschleife is reserved for real supercars, it's a barrier that is only broken by a few cars!
    P.S.: The Enzo wasn't tested yet, no one wants to give his expensive, rare car for a test!
    Michael and Ferrari - Sempre il numero 1!
    You can never go plenty fast enough...

we all know the VII is the worse Evolution of the ... Evolution ever
    the spec C managed to do 7.59 which i dont doubt but im sure the Evo MR can do better

even the corvette (new one) managed 7.56 and thats mainly because of its power, its cornering is no where near as tight as an evo mr or spec c impreza

Quote Originally Posted by KnifeEdge_2K1
    we all know the VII is the worse Evolution of the ... Evolution ever
    the spec C managed to do 7.59 which i dont doubt but im sure the Evo MR can do better

even the corvette (new one) managed 7.56 and thats mainly because of its power, its cornering is no where near as tight as an evo mr or spec c impreza
    Just to ask..where do you have your times from?
    Michael and Ferrari - Sempre il numero 1!
    You can never go plenty fast enough...

evo magazine and a website ill post the link if i find it
    and as for the corvette time i got it from a secondary source

Thread Information