Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My Skyline

Originally posted by Egg Nog
    EDIT: Porsche 914

hehehehe....

Woah now, don't go bashing me quite yet...

Here are the facts (hopefully you'll understand why I'm beginning to sound like an ass, and why you keep getting owned):

You:

You came into these forums without posting much and claimed outright that you had a very rare car. This car, under the circumstances that you described, would cost nearly 100 thousand dollars to purchase, import, and insure. After talking with you, you didn't post any hi-res pictures. Your information that was posted didn't logically follow at all. The largest claim you made associating yourself with the car was that you had named it. Wow.

Now, after many further posts and still no more information, you been reduced to insulting us, and nobody beleives you.

Me:

Part of the reason why nobody doubts me is because the Porsche 914 is by no means a special car. And I'm the first to admit it. Many of them were imported to the area where I live, and they can been seen on a regular basis. They aren't extraodinarily expensive or rare. I bought mine in non-running condition for the sum of 450 dollars Canadian. Does that sound outlandish?

Secondly, I went over a huge number of things relating myself to the car. I described how I got it, what I've done, and what I'm planning. I posted a hi-res picture. I answered questions. And for you, I just posted another picture. Mind you, this picture was taken at the same time that the last one was, in the same spot. It's since moved to the auto shop where I am currently doing bodywork on it.

Here's my thread about the 914. I encourage you to read through it. Feel free to ask any questions.:
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...1343#post11343

I put my money where my mouth is. Now it's your turn.

ok, yeah, it was low of me to bash your car. But please don't post anything else about me having to prove my ownership. My car a 1996 GTR BNR33, which isn't very rare cause i found 3 for sale in Great Britan. The seller that i contacted was willing to send it over, so i bought.

The reason that i started this thread was to get positive feedback about my ride, so even if you don't beleive, do you at least think it is pretty?

It does look nice. I love R33 Skylines. Now:

Your costs don't add up. Explain.

You have a digital camera. Post more pictures.

Let's see proof that it's yours.

what do you mean my costs don't add up? it seriously was 3000 pounds for the car, and an additional 750 for the trip to NY. i will post more pics soon.

I am getting a new paint job as well. it is gonna look ssiiiicccckkk...

Originally posted by Motorer1
    what do you mean my costs don't add up? it seriously was 3000 pounds for the car, and an additional 750 for the trip to NY. i will post more pics soon.

I am getting a new paint job as well. it is gonna look ssiiiicccckkk...
    Lets do some math:

P = Purchase Price
    T = Travel Costs
    M = 70,000 = Approx. Minimum cost of importing a good condition R33 Skyline

T + P should equal M. 3000 UK pounds = 5000USD

(750) + (5000) = 70,000?

Not last time I checked. It's actually just 5750....

So, please explain how you traveled, bought an expensive car, imported it, and did all of this for the price of a used Kia Rio.

By the way, when you say you are getting a new paint job, it's obvious that you're just going to go find pictures of a different coloured R33 Skyline so you can claim that its "Stacy". We need hi-res pictures of the one you showed us. The Blue one. We need proof.

You sound like you need a girlfriend....

Ok, do me a favor. Go to autotrader.co.uk and enter some zip and search for a Nissan Skyline. Now look at the prices of an R33 there. You keep saying that it is expensive (70000, yeah right!) but it is less than you think.

P.S I HATE Kias.

1. I already have a girlfriend here in Vancouver... but thanks for your concern...

2. If you read my post, I said: "M = 70,000 = Approx. Minimum cost of importing a good condition R33 Skyline" That includes registering. That doesn't mean that's how much they cost in the UK.

3. I hate Kias too. We have something in common.

When I looked up Autotrader.co.uk and put in a UK adress, it showed that most R33 Skylines are around £6,499, or more than double what you said. You said that you also imported it for $1400.

Is something missing here? Look, I don't hate you at all, I just have very reasonable doubts about what you're saying, and I don't know why you won't help me.

If you want to prove that you own this car, post some proof. Do you think that eventually I would just start beleiving you? Sorry, logic points me in the other direction. So please post some decent proof.

Meaningless crap like adding me to your "hate list" is hardly justifiable. What've I done? I don't hate you. I guess its just that I'm such an asshole for asking you questions, right?

still unsettled ??

i really cant beleive u guys are still arguing about this whole STACY issue !! i cant understand why would a person who owns a car and a digital camera, not just take a couple of pics and post them !! its that simple.
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

werd^...
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

after carefully (haha) reveiwing the given "proof" i come up with this: in the first pic you posted, it shows a dark blue R33 skyline correct? the second pic you posted was of the engine bay of a skyline, yet in the top right hand corner you can see a bit of a body panel... which is yellow, the 3rd pic shows a between the seats veiw of the dash but out the windsheild you can see thos dang yellow body panels and hood? am i going color blind or do i smell BS? shure isnt KFC i smell... ohh and the whole price thing is rediculis but thats been covered, if im mistaken please explain, with a beliveable excuse...

EDIT:and about the power, did you dyno it? well you must have with a claim of 215hp@6000rpm at the wheels, funny thing is R33's make peak power closer to 7000rpm... where'd you have it dyno'd what type of dyno? post a pic of the dyno sheet?
    Last edited by megotmea7; 10-05-2003 at 11:48 PM.
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

TOTAL BS

i really enjoyed reading that, really

Hey, thanks for backing me up you guys

It's nice to know that nobody else beleives him either!

TOLD YOU IT HAD 215 HORSE POWER!!!!!! WHY WONT YOU BELIVE ME!!!!!! I WENT AND GOT IT DYNOED LAST WEEKEND!!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information