Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Humble Beginnings

I was thinking maybe a Harley but they are expensive. Suggestions?

Originally posted by Motorer1
    I was thinking maybe a Harley but they are expensive. Suggestions?
    Depends on your experience, I had 8 years of off road riding before buying my first street bike .... a Honda V45 Magna, I had several street bikes ranging from that Honda on up to a Yamaha V-Max and Suzuki GSX-R 1100.

If you have no riding experience I would say stay away from anything that is costly to maintain and to fix(Harley-Davidson), they are great bikes, but I don't think they're ideal for a new rider.
    Likewise, I would recommend staying away from the crotch rockets the 600cc bikes of today would lay an ass-whoopin' on the 1000+ cc bikes of 10 years ago.

come on guys, this thread is about what we started with, not what we like to start with when we will reach the age. I might be dreaming of a Ducati 998, but I never made it further than the passenger seat of a Matchless, so let's get back to reality.

Originally posted by henk4
    come on guys, this thread is about what we started with, not what we like to start with when we will reach the age. I might be dreaming of a Ducati 998, but I never made it further than the passenger seat of a Matchless, so let's get back to reality.
    good point

yeah, guess I will just stick to 4 wheels.

Originally posted by Motorer1
    yeah, guess I will just stick to 4 wheels.
    going the "honda crotch rocket" with training wheels route i see...
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

why not immediately go for the Tomahawk, it's for sale now

Originally posted by megotmea7
    going the "honda crotch rocket" with training wheels route i see...
    LOL, nah, i am gonna save up fur another ride. as in a car.

Originally posted by 16-4Veyron
    ahh why do i have to be 13!!!!
    because you were possibly born in 1990...besides convince your old man to take you driving...well mine didnt need any convincing

Well i know im a bit late but but ive owned my ford falcon since i was 14 now 18 and it hasnt been on the road since i got it im now cutting plates for it and stuff like that. With the job im going for that=$$$$ and plenty of it but 8-5 5 and even possibly 6 days a week wont allow me to get much done to it When i get the money together im 'almost' tempted to get the rust repairs and while im at it get paint done for me and whileim waiting ill spend some time on the 5 liter windsor and seeif i can get myself a top loader to put in it as well as some fairmont interior and a new set of wheels.
    One of my mates drove that kind of citroen once and he said the MOST gutless car hed ever drivan.

I have only had mild humble beginnings the old green mazda familia which had no air filter only lasted a day and costed $0

may-december and i will have picks of my new 1st car
    Dont Drink and Drive home Drift and Slide Home

well first car i ever drove was a corolla but my first car was a crx... it was the only car at that time that fitted into my budget

My first ride was a 1988 toyota corolla. My big mistake was that I let my parents choose the car, as I was busy with year 12 exams.

It was, no doubt, a POS in the worst possible way. The lot we bought it from closed down two weeks after our purchase (warning light, anyone?) and then the problems started. First the engine mounts were snapped, then we found metal fragments inside a piston (???). Then a little later when my brother was driving it he overheated it but couldn't pull over and the gasket blew. Turned out I needed a new motor, and I foolishly replaced it with a standard, gutless, 4A-C. I was rammed 3 times on the road in this car, no accidents were my fault but I got no money from any of my assailants.

I drove the car for about 4 years, though for only about 18 months of that time was the car even on the road, then I fixed up the body and sold it. I had paid $6500 for the car, and sold it for only $500. The positive note? Well, after all the mechanicals started to fail I figured that the best thing to do would be to learn about cars so I could fix it myself. A very wise invesment, and it also wound up getting me into cars altogether, hence my input right now.

Luckily my older brother is now driving a supercharged AW11 MR2. Looks 80's to the max, but stops, goes and corners like a crazed go-kart, so although I am broke and don't have a car I can still get my thrills!

Well, after all the mechanicals started to fail I figured that the best thing to do would be to learn about cars so I could fix it myself. A very wise invesment, and it also wound up getting me into cars altogether, hence my input right now.
    [/B][/QUOTE] well thats the main reason im here too otherwise i'd have still been in that forum from hackers.com

what i really want for a first car is a beetle that was made before 1970. or maybe a miata because they're pretty good. or maybe a murcielago
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

Thread Information