Thread: Testing a 33 skyline!!!

Testing a 33 skyline!!!

Some of you might know that i hav actually driven my dream. A TT supra. Well this afternoon im going to help my mate pete, the bluebird driver in my movie, with his dream. A Skyline. Unfortunately Petey cant drive a manual.... SO hes generously asked me to drive it for him to see how it goes. Now dont get your hopes up its not a GTR (impossible insurance quotes for that) its GTS-T. Ill take some photos and write up a review tonight. So watch this thread all you skyline fanboys! Ill bring you a fair and honest review of this car.

- Bluey
    The Datto will rage again...

make sure a decent pic of u gets in that review, i wana see who i am stalking!

EDIT: tell your mate good luck from me! i think the GTS-T is a better look then the GTR, rwd aswell if i am not mistaken!!! (could have some fun!)
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

unfortunately its at the same shop i went to test drive the supra, ill have to make up some BS story bout why im driving a heap. its is RWD but the dude from the shop rides with you so you cant *do* anything

anyway, why does your friend want a manual car if he cant drive it?
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

yea thats what i was thinking
    UCP's Most Hardcore 2 Door Performance Car Freak

UCP's Most Hardcore Fitness Freak

Im Going To Be A Millionare At 17

Argue Me If You Want ^^

Turns out theres an auto there for like no money, so hes going to drive that and i get to ride in the back. Anyways there are heaps of nice cars there, heres some pics i took... this is what we'll be riding in.
    Whiteballz i got 2 pics of me but one i didnt like so i blacked out my face, the other one i did so ill open it publicly.
    Forgive me as some of these were taken at 2048 etc pixels and had to be shrunk to be uploaded.
    Attached Images Attached Images

This is a hot yellow 33 thats for sale. 27k and its yours....
    this is the photo of me i didnt like thus the censoring.

For you WRX STI fans out there....

A red 34 with me! not a GTR though....

and heres some random shots on the way home.
    Last edited by Blue Supra; 11-15-2004 at 11:19 PM.

OK so as promised I did a review on the 1993 R33 Nissan Skyline GTS-T automatic, so here it is…

My first impression of this car was that it had very nice lines to it, sleek and clean just like all good cars should be. The options on this car were good, although it had aftermarket wheels everything else was as standard, it has
    - Power steer
    - Climate control
    - Electric front spoiler
    - Overdrive automatic transmission
    - Electric seats
    - Central locking
    - Electric windows

As I was riding in the back I was able to write notes as we went but I did sit in the drivers and passenger seats also to get a feel for it. The drivers’ seat is very comfortable with all control in the dash within easy reach of the driver and passenger. Steering column is adjustable as is the seat height and distance from the wheel. The dash has a very uncluttered and clean look to it which helps when you’re trying to find something by touch when driving. The pedals are responsive and are not stiff or loose, a good feedback from the brake pedal when braking was also noted. The rear passenger if over 6” such as me is going to have to duck but not uncomfortably. Overall the interior comfort of this car is very good, a comfort level not unlike many common luxury cars such as BMW 5 series or the like of its time. Except there were no leather seats.

Before we took off I had a listen to the engine and exhaust, both are standard with no modifications. The engine idles very quietly, barely a whisper can be heard from under the bonnet but a quiet purring when the engine is revved to 3000rpm when standing still. The exhaust almost nothing could be heard again, it would respond well to a better flowing exhaust.

On the initial takeoff the turbo can be heard ever so quietly spooling up, there is no jolt when it hits boost level and you can hardly even notice its there but trust me. It is there. This car redlines at approximately 6500rpm. We took it up to 6000rpm before the auto box shifted. This was in power mode and even then the shifts were smooth and barely noticeable until you look at the speedometer. There were three different modes for the auto box, there was snow, normal and power. Snow is the option for low, smooth shifts for driving in hazardous conditions such as rain or snow, normal is for everyday driving and power is when you really want to push it. The difference in the cars performance in the different modes is noticeable. In the snow mode the car shifts low and keeps the car revving nice and low to avoid wheel spinning. Normal mode it won’t rev past 4500rpm to conserve petrol and such and in power mode it opens the car up to its full rev limit and lets you really punch it. In power mode we revved it right up 6000rpm and the engine sounded like it was straining slightly but once it got over that hump it cruised nicely between 2500 and 3500rpm. There was little cabin noise, all you could hear was the engine purring and the turbo quietly spinning. We took it up to 150kph (naughty us) and you couldn’t tell you were going that quickly other than the rate we were passing other cars! On slowing down the brakes felt a bit weak, like they should really be bigger but unless you really needed to step on them at high speed they were quite adequate. The ride was smooth, no sudden bumps or surprises from the suspension going over the gutter was easy even with me in the back (all 120 kilos of me.) The torque range feels like it really begins when the turbo kicks in (as one would expect) at around 2500rpm and continues all the way up to the shift at 6000rpm. Very smooth acceleration throughout the drive. The car on the whole handled well, we didn’t get a real chance to test it out as we mostly did highway cruising, however in the brief moments we got to turn and twist handled well, little body-roll, turning circle is quite good for a car its size when we did you U-turn. Its handling is responsive and effortless with the assistance of the Power steering.

To summarize the Skyline is a good performer in all areas. The only area I could really suggest that could be better is the brakes. Slightly bigger brakes and I would not be able to fault it. It makes effortless shifts, has plenty of power and torque to back up its good looks and has plenty of comfort and accessories to keep the driver happy.

All in all the 1993 GTS-T Skyline cops a 9.5/10
    Last edited by Blue Supra; 09-18-2004 at 02:52 AM.

Thread Information