Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite Asian car???

1. tommy kiara zz
    2. toyota 2000 gt
    3. Aristo V300. Luxury and power.

I thought touge was supposed to be 'touche', like as in 'point made'.

Some nice choices guys.

Originally posted by Nildo
    1. tommy kiara zz
    96 zz?
    Its weak
    Inline-4
    1998 cc
    185 bhp
    0-60 mph:4.8 sec(good)
    Top speed:140 mph.
    Attached Images Attached Images

... are you dumb? "weak" lol the zz was one of the best handling cars ever, its power to weight ratio is awsome its a perfect track car... a cars peformance in a strait line is not the whole shabang when it comes to performance, the zz is supercar status on a smaller scale
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

Originally posted by megotmea7
    ... are you dumb? "weak" lol the zz was one of the best handling cars ever, its power to weight ratio is awsome its a perfect track car... a cars peformance in a strait line is not the whole shabang when it comes to performance, the zz is supercar status on a smaller scale
    its power to weight ratio is awsome
    Okay man,i know
    but they must used a better engine

whats wrong with the engine its got? being a 2L 4 cylinder id say that its pretty cheap to run, which would appeal to sports car buyers who dont want to pay to run either a highly strung engine or a large displacement engine just to get good performance. its got more power than the top spec lotus elise so its good in my books.

Originally posted by megotmea7
    His concept of motoring is rather limited, it's displacement and horsepower only that define performance for him. Weight is without a doubt the most important factor as it influences cornering, acceleration and braking, unfortunately it is forgotten most of the time in car-related discussions. I can understand him ignoring it, because his favourite company is the manufacturer that excells in producing overweight cars.

Quite a reply there, thanks for your inputs. I stick to my list. As a point of note, as a car built to customer specifications, Tommy Kaira set the power of each car to the customers requirements. There have been exaples which produce 225 bhp straight from manufacture.

Originally posted by Wouter Melissen
    His concept of motoring is rather limited, it's displacement and horsepower only that define performance for him. Weight is without a doubt the most important factor as it influences cornering, acceleration and braking, unfortunately it is forgotten most of the time in car-related discussions. I can understand him ignoring it, because his favourite company is the manufacturer that excells in producing overweight cars.
    Whatever
    people minds are different,
    but i think the design looks good and like a sport car,i think it was better that they used a In-line6 over 2000,not an V12 5500.
    Last edited by SL500; 10-11-2003 at 12:56 PM.

Originally posted by SL500
    Whatever
    people minds are different,
    but i think the design looks good and like a sport car,i think it was better that they used a In-line6 over 2000,not an V12 5500.
    So you are saying that any Lotus Elise or Caterham is not a sportscar? Caterhams are known record breakers even though they are all powered by 'measily' four cylinder engines, that rarely displace over 1.8 litres.

most of the caterham-like sports cars ive seen have toyota 2.0L 20V engines with outputs as high as about 170kw at times, but ive seen ads by a company also offering them with ford focus engines, and theres also a company here that will but a 320hp chev ls1 in them

So you are saying that any Lotus Elise or Caterham is not a sportscar? Caterhams are known record breakers even though they are all powered by 'measily' four cylinder engines, that rarely displace over 1.8 litres.
    Who said that?????
    and i know,in 0-160-0(km/h) Caterham R500 was the best-13/39 secs even betterthan the 360 Modena-13/54 secs-( and Porsche 911 GT1: 11/86 secs)
    The caterham R500 has only 450 kgs and 0-160 km/h is only:8/62 secs

And its the Caterham R300 Superlight with only 1102 lbs(curb weight)

anyway the curb weight of that 96 zz is 1433 lbs,and yes good for 185 bhp.
    Attached Images Attached Images

So you agree that it is not weak, which was what you called it in the first place.

Thumbs up

So you agree that it is not weak, which was what you called it in the first place.
    yes,okay
    you are right the weight is good,with that bhp,but not as good as caterhams,and can't a recorder

I actually had a closer look at an FTO today and i was uite impressed it wanst a bad car at all and it fair moved.

too bad their FWD

Thread Information