Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite Asian car???

Yes true that but id be lieing if i said i didnt like it also i have a bit of a weak spot for the Mitsubishi GTO's as well despite their immense weight and poor gearing as megotmea7 mentioned before.

Front wheel drive isn't so bad, if executed correctly. Try driving the original honda integra type R. Very sharp, puts most rear drivers to shame. In reviews of the FTO GP-X it always scored well in handling stakes, despite being a front driver.
    Last edited by Nildo; 10-18-2003 at 12:00 AM.

Ive heard stories that the Mercury Couger is quite a good drive for a FWD car same with the focus (though its a little underpowerd) but as a prefrence and i think i might be speaking for FPV when i say that id prefer RWD.
    And about the hondah integra type R accoding to my little book (C20th cars) the integra was a quick little bugger doing 0-100 km/h (62mph) in 6.9 seconds and clocking out at 145mph (232km/h) i almost find it hard to believe but thats pretty quick for what is essentially a family car that been stripped down and tweaked a bit.

weight is the number one determining facter when it comes to performance, they cut the weight and added a tad bit more power and it made a world of diference while not as much as some might think, the integra type-R was a good car for what it was but it wasnt a say all end all performance car it did have its ups and downs
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

And the integra type Rs image is soild by little bitch boys who rice up their normal integers and put type R stickers all over them

thats one of its major downs...
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

It's actually not a very nice car to own. Lots of fun at the right times, but uncomfortable, not subtle, noisy and to go very fast you must thrash the ring out of it, which gets a little tiresome. Still, for an atmo 1.8 ltr, 6.9 secs to 100 kph is pretty impressive, and it is excellent to drive flat out, providing you are brave enough.

yeah according to the book i read the stats from its revs out to 8900 rpm or somthing like that and i would guess it would have a small power band to match and it comes with no sound proofing and recaro seats some blokes at school think im telling stories when i say that racing seats that a lot of these car have (or had put in) are not too comfterble.
    If i wanted to tour around in any jap car it would have to be a supra or a rx-7 or maybey on the off chance a GTO.

Nice japanese sports interior

u probably know what car this comes from !!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

Thumbs down Re: Nice japanese sports interior

Originally posted by Misho
    u probably know what car this comes from !!
    Supra
    from crap abad

A toyota supra if I am not mistaken. The lay out is much differnt to the cars im used to looks a little tight for leg room.

Thumbs up Supra

Definitely a Supra .....looks great!!

Thumbs up Supra

Definitely a Supra .....looks great!!

Lightbulb euhj

i could help seeing that in the first post the toyota supra was listed for a (new)price of about 40.000USD, thats kinda strange considering a new supra costed 85.000euro new here in holland

im gonna look (not yet but not too far away) for a supra and if could choose a want a manual6 twin turbo. any1 know what the second hand price is in USA of a good condition supra over there?? and if i have to pay a lot of "take it in to the country taxes" when i import it to holland (would be cool if it was a lot cheaper coz then i wouldn't have to settle for the old model 1st)

a supra in holland manual5 twin turbo costs 25.000 - 30.000 euro in good condition and about 160.000KM on the clock.

tnx.

Id hope holland use left hand drive because after you buy the car import it and convert the stering over you migh as well of bought one there.

Thread Information