Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rad Rides

A neat note about the Quadraduce, it's All Wheel Drive. Never been done in Hotrodding untill Rad Rides by Troy did it. He uses the same attention to detail that Ferrari does, most everything is CNC Machined and they are true engineers with inginuity (SP?). Just awesome stuff.

I thought the RS versions had the vaccum head light covers or they were slightly covred?
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    The cost of the Enzo is mostly to do with the use of carbonfibre, which is considerably more expensive than steel, its high-tech engine and gearbox, electronics, etc.

Then you have to add the money spent actually developing those components, and the chassis...

Then there are all of the people employed in designing, developing and building the cars.

The machines/tooling needed to build a fairly large run of components and spares for all of the cars need to be paid for, and the factory in which they are built.

Then they need to make some profit as well.

A bit more expensive than building a few one offs.

Anyway:
    Quite funky, although I'm not too keen on their choice of wheels.
    Thats odd. Here they have a show called Rides on TLC, which is a subsidiary of the dicovery channel. On the rides ep. with Troy Trepannier they showed them building the fastforward fastback. About the comment somebody made about the wheels, that is usually the only thing I dont like about the hotrodding community. They always have those ugly 5-spoke wheels
    eat cicada

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv
    I thought the RS versions had the vaccum head light covers or they were slightly covred?
    Correct, on the 67 and 68 models. All 69s had exposed head lights. It's tough to tell if Orange Peel is a 67 or 68 since these guys always modify the body, very well I may add
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

thanks for the correction there taz, i usually tell them apart by tail lights.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    I like these

The others just arnt my style.
    Now slicks these are my kind of Yank Muscle cars they are different fromevery other mundane Camero,Stang etc they have been totally reingineered with modern engineering,fantastic wheels etc.My mate has 68-69 Fastback mustang this is the sort of thing he could do with his Stang but he wont because the peer pressure in the club he is they would be shocked and horrified,so he will rebuild the V8 not change the box or brakes etc,(so it will drive like a 35yearold car)put Rallye wheels on it and it will look like 99.9% of the mustangs at the club.Ive tried to talk him around about the 4.6 and 4speed auto decent brakes,suspension etc but that cant be done because its a so called classic and It would be sacrilidge to change anything ex factory.When to be honest all my friend really likes is the shape.I just cant work out these classic car nuts
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by charged
    Now slicks these are my kind of Yank Muscle cars they are different fromevery other mundane Camero,Stang etc they have been totally reingineered with modern engineering,fantastic wheels etc.My mate has 68-69 Fastback mustang this is the sort of thing he could do with his Stang but he wont because the peer pressure in the club he is they would be shocked and horrified,so he will rebuild the V8 not change the box or brakes etc,(so it will drive like a 35yearold car)put Rallye wheels on it and it will look like 99.9% of the mustangs at the club.Ive tried to talk him around about the 4.6 and 4speed auto decent brakes,suspension etc but that cant be done because its a so called classic and It would be sacrilidge to change anything ex factory.When to be honest all my friend really likes is the shape.I just cant work out these classic car nuts
    Charged, your mate sounds gay. You need to kick him in the balls quite hard and tell him to wake up to himself.

I saw the show on TV when they made the first one, coolest car ever, you cant tell at all how cool it is fromt the outside tho.
    UPC's most heavy Bawls drinker. :D

Thread Information