Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bathurst

Bathurst

its the big 1000 this weekend and all u ford boys better look out for SKAIFE cause he is on a roll

if Ambrose has a DNF and Skaife ends up on the podium then whoever wins the next round will most likely take the championship

On a roll yes hes won 2 races out of how many? never assume nothing at the mountain they way i see it is anyone in the top 15 is at a chance to win it.
    And your assuming skaife wont stuff up either, another stuff up for him and hes up shit creek also!

i meant the last two bathursts......

You cant base any race on previous results if you do your likly to be wrong alternativly if you dont make decisions based on current perofrmances youll be in for a rude shock never state whos going to win you could be wrong notice how i always say hope or i think so and so will win its because its racing! a dog could run out in front of you (dick johnson) or a freind could of caught fire and you go over to pull him out (steon and skaife) anything can happen.

could you elaborate on those two stories perhaps? bathurst is a pretty unique track. because of that, you cant hold a drivers performance during the year as a guide to their success. the fact for most drivers its a once a year event, you cant hold previous success either. the way i see it, pick a winner based on how they go in practise and qualifying. if u wanna go for past experience though, my bets on Bowe as he also participated in the bathurst 24hr. his team holds the lap records as well, set in an AU of all cars

for the past decade the man who gets pole inst the man who wins.And bow didnt complete the 24 hour race on that note its the hardest race on the calender to pick my tip is dont try. and that for free as our sales man would say.

well that didnt work for ambrose in 2001. forst year at the mountain scored pole but still DNF'd

Yeah thats why i siad for the past decade nearly the man who gets pole isnt the man to win it.

well i misread the post, didnt i

Re: Bathurst

Originally posted by pato
    if Ambrose has a DNF and Skaife ends up on the podium then whoever wins the next round will most likely take the championship
    what makes you so sure of this? HRT have already figured out that to beat ambrose, theyve got to do something like win all the following rounds with ambrose coming i think its 8th or worst. if ambrose DNF's bathurst skaife has to win withthe rest with i think ambrose coming 3rd or worst.

All assuiming skaife doesnt stuff up and if you want to be that way if greg murphy wins and both skaife and amborse sutff up hes in a good position to win the series also. And if either of the top 3 ambrose murphy skaife stuff up their up shit creek with no hope of winning the series.

well ambrose only DNF'd on his first year at bathurst and last year he managed something like 15th, so i dont doubt hell be in the top 10 this year, this years performance from him would probably put him in the top 5. we soulc see steven ellery on the podium again, that would give his team a major boost especially after sandown. im sure simon wills and jason richards will be out for a fight as well so it should be interesting

he manged somthing like 15th after he hit a tyer barrier not a bad recovery. And also the poor performance at sandown was caused by a human error. And id pick steven ellery for a top 10 finish and possibly a top 5 or better. And wills and richards im not too sure of their state of mind is still a bit to young rember the mad dash they made at sandown now that was a desperate manuver if i ever did see one If he races like that at the mountain hell end off even worse. At the moment it could be anyones race even in the last 10 laps it could be anyones race.

is it just me or is simon wills accent irritating

It is irritating. If you want good accents you should of heard john clellend talking with Barry sheene (how every you spell it sorry baz) and bazes comment "and people say my accent is hard to understand" or "what hes trying to say is...." its going to be differnt without baz at this bathurst.

Thread Information