Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bathurst

i was surprised at ambroses and skaifes performance in the shootout, but i guess theyve both tried to go for more of an endurance compromise than bowe and murphy. i reckon the podiums gunna consist of ambrose/bowe/skaife though based on the shootout. i think murphy's set his car up as if it was a sprint round so i think hes gunna lead from the start, but once the compulsory stops come in, i think SBR are gunna get ambrose pretty close to the lead. ambrose made the same mistake on his irst year at the mountain in 2001 and set up for speed not endurance

Well one of sbrs great advantages is fantatic shock setup which doesnt work to well on track its basicly flat missing out on the charictaristic bumps that were there in the days our sales man raced. Skaife was not just a suprise it was shock he didnt even look focused! though despite their lame time FPV lowndes and seton are placed farily nicly just above skaife that already gets one of the hard men of the competition out of their way.

it could all change at (s)Hell corner though. last year brad jones pulled out of there in first place and the temas hoping for that to happen again. if ambrose doesnt get his start right, skaife could jump infront of him and possibly infront of lowndes as well. one of my friends reckons radisich is gunna be one to watch for, hes starting from 9th so the race could turn his way

In my opion everyone in the top 10 other then poor larry im sorry to say is in with a chance at winning akso coupled with anybody who put a strong run in prts of this year so to about 20th position (no matter how unlikely to win) is in with a chance at a top 10 finish and the top 15 are at a fair chance of winning it.

was surprised to see steven ellery and luke youlden at 11th when they were going through the final grid positions. it wouldve been good if they couldve found the extra performance to get them into the top 10, they couldve moved up to at least ninth with larry perkins incident

yeah thats true i was saying before i realised who was 11 maybey they should put larry back 1p and put 11 in tenth so we could of had a proper shoot out. I would almost be my left nut hell get a top 10 position same with radasich

well if radisich did happen to win, hed be using it to rub it in dick johnsons face for kicking him out of djr and compare his success to djr struggles this year

not so much as stuggling now just not going anwhere fast their getting somwhere now their going up now but radashich next year will be in a good position as briggs has been bough out by 888 thall reel in the money plus ford supposrt to both sbr and fpv itll be another good year "maybey"

well one of my friends reckons lowndes is about to go back to holden but i reckon hes bullshitting

Anythings possible but what does he base his info on? and after his second here i have my doubts.
    Murph done well in that race and i am most certianly happy with 2nd and 3rd spot and also the fact the radsich did ok and larry perkins did hold people up.

larry was like a bloody concrete barrier on wheels out there. he was a bnit of a hypocrite though when he passed his comments on when steven richards wiped bowe off the road

Yeah well bradly was doing quit well to keep calm and it did seem it was quit on purpose when richards tried too and the evidence abounds when apprentrly he started shouting he cant take it any more. Both him and larry now in my opions are **** wits they acted like wankers out there. Sure its ok if you cant keep pace out there larry but when you say shit like that you deserve shooting.
    not knocking their abilitys any of them but their joining paul morris as dickheads in my opinion.

HOLDEN WINS AGAIN - FIVE WINS AT BATHURST IN A ROW - THE BEST EVER BY A MANUFACTURER!!! Good work to young Rick Kelly becoming the youngest ever to win at bathurst (taking it away from lowndes - also in a holden.....) and old murph makes it 3.

very very bitterly angry about the descion to black flag skaife though, they let him race for 15 laps with it like that, and then with only a few to go a complaint from FPR and the officials decide it is now a danger to other drivers because FPR have made a complaint, what a crock of shit, i wouldnt be as angry if they had black flagged him from the beginning but they let him go, its like an AFL umpire changing his decision from a bounce up to a free kick to one team cause they had a whinge. Bloody bargwana is a danger to everybody on the track, he gave skaife a knock (meaning they had to take 6 stops), and then 2 minutes later tried to pass on of the shell fords in a spot where you cant get through causing a spin which resulted in a pile up, while in this pile up he decided to try to bust his way through (and a 180 degree turn in the process) in doing so he knocked one of the stantionary cars and spilled even more dirt alll over the track, he is a danger to other drivers and is selfish and likeley to cause a serious crash in the near future

not to mention John Bowe who took a ridiculous line beside skaife and rammed him in the door causing the issues later in the race, im sure the stewards will have a day out fineing many of these pig-headed drivers who are a danger to everyone around them

dont get me started on the boringf tactics of Larry Perkins holding everybody back - Ingall had a go at him for about 6-7 laps then sakife got paseed ingall and on the first lap behind larry he got past aloowing the others through thank god fro mark skaife or we would have had a serious race incident (ingall was getting very toey and worked up)

Yeah well bowe was actually passed the B pillar skaife should of given him room the proof is where skaife recieved the damge on the front door so careful who you rag on.
    Yes well this is the bit i hate about holden fans enjoy your vitory while it lasts you havent had too much to smile about this year.

it has been a lean year for Holden but in comparison it has been a lean (with the exception of this years revival) 10 years for ford!

Thread Information