Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bathurst

Yes and ford still has more championships holden would need to win somthing like 9 more years in a row for that i think that consistancy counts for somthing. We have won the chmapionship 2 times in this catigory coupled with the fact that with the EB falcon we won 85% of the races and 75% of the races with the EL falcons can you really compare to that? amd dont argue with me about them figures argue with mark oastler the man who printed them in his fine magizine Australian muscle car.

yeah glen seton cleaned up the competition in 93 when he won the first v8 supercar chamionship. its too bad he didnt win today. and that rick kelly, i swear his voice is almost as annoying as that of simon wills!! someone should give him a good kick in the nuts and set his tone of voice straight

not knocking him or nothing but it sounds ike his voice is still breaking ahh the fun that one is and as the comintators said he looks 15. One of the things that got me was they booed ellery/youlden/lowndes and seton why they came second and third i didnt even internaly boo murph after he won he deserved it i very rarely boo a winner (though i still laugh when holden lads stuff up)
    And a true suprisefor the week end david thexton. DAVID BLOODY THEXTON you wouldent believe it was the same guy comming last and getting in people way as he does in the other races! what did he come 16th well done to him there should be a most improved award.

ive been saying the same thing bout him. it was good to see 10 fords in the top 16 though. i was surprised at brights dnf so early in the race though

im suprised that there was a DNF in the first 6 laps why did morris have to pair with a good bloke like john Faulkner? Faulkner was a good racer just with no money. And that wa sa good point about the sand trap down the mauntain that doesnt stop no body all it does is spread shit all over the track when someone goes through it.

well its things like those that make mt panorama one of the hardest tracks in the world and the bathurst 1000 one of the hardest events. i dont see how some make it 12 or 24hrs there

Bathurst is chalenging to the driver if you look at sandown its chalenging on the cars!You might be suprised but in the space of 500 kays on the sandown track there is usually just as much breakges (this is higlighted on the procar 500 at sandown with the nations cup cars doing that) as in the bathurst 1000 youll find most dnfs in bathurst are driver erros (not saying there inst heaps of breakages) the esses are harder to negotiate then leguna secas corkscrew and its just a plain amazing track.

They used to have 12 hour production races there also but then seem to of recently stopped i cant figure out why

yeah the rx-7 won it in 92,93 and 94 didnt it? they made a bathurst version of it cause it won 3 straight

It was one of the few races the Rx7 actually did well in. I think allan moffat had somthing to do with those victorys and i think cromly also won in one also I never really got too see much of those 12 hour races i dont rember ever seeing them on the telly or nothing.

i was too young to give a shit

Well doesnt matter now we missed out.

well weve got the 24hr race and 2 car ATCC category rather than 12hrs and group A

yeah thats much nicer i think we could have a 12 hour at phillip island maybey?

well the armstrong 500 used to be held at phillip island befor being moved to bathurst so an endurance race isnt too unfamiliar their. there may be an issue with transport to and from the island, as that was an issue that got it cancelled from the 2004 V8 supercar series

Thread Information