Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Bathurst

Well that essientially was my point it will also bring some attention to the island that would of been taken away with the loss of the v8 supercar round one of the othe problems with phillip island is its facilitys are lacking and the punters are suffering because of it. there were many reasons why they dumped the track i hope they see their error and bring it back soon.

i personally wouldve taken rnd3 eastern creek off, considering theres also rnd13 held there

I would of taken oran park off as i heard they were closing the track down. and they could of taken the first eastern creek off and taken them to simmonds plains in tasmania instead.

well oran park is a unique track on the current race calender with its almost figure 8 layout but id like to see how far down the list a track like hidden valley was

Dont like oran park too much it might be diffrent but its a dull tack to me and i dont like that bridge.

well they also wouldve looked at the state hosting the most rounds. NSW has rnd 3,8,10 and 13; VIC has rnd 1,2,4 and 9; WA has rnd 5; NT has rnd 6; NZ has rnd ; QLD has rnd 7 and 11. in the end it had to be a NSW round or VIC round

Well Phillip island is victorian so their suffering i still think they should of goten rid of oran park since it is going to dissapear.

well maybe theyve got plans for something else when oran park goes, like possibly an american round. both me and my brother wanna see the v8's rippin it up at laguna seca

I think a neurburgring race would be a good one and were getting that shang hi that should be an interesting race the cinese might make their own v8 super car series or maybey some varitey of open wheelers.

they might get a version of the japanese touring cars or whatever its called, its what wayne gardner drove a supra in. we're only getting a china round cause an F1 track's being built. me and my brother had the idea that for one yeah, have an 8 round international v8 supercars where they like have small enduros at the top races like bathurst, laguna seca, nurburgring, lemans etc

Yeah but thats a big burdon on the teams im just hoping for local races prehaps one in the land of the rising sun? they aint that far away i think? but i think just us in NZ and aus is good enough we should also have enduro teams doing all the 24 hour races that would b good to see a few aussies in it.

the idea would be very competitive though, id be surprised to see one person win twice in the season. i heard that john bowe's been trying to get a couple of other ford v8 supercar drivers to do the 24hr race with him

Well we had allan moffat and peter brock and larry perkins in 24 hour racing they didnt do too crash hot allan moffat with a few euros done better he manged a 7th in nurburgring in a mazda with a 34g motor or somthing in it

id really be having a belly laugh if at the last minute procar allowed a holden and ford supercar team to enter 1 car each, to give the monaros more competition and for them to actually have a class thats fair, and to also see the durability of the V8 supercars.

Well paul stokell was lapping about 3 seconds faster at phillip island when he was aloud to use the centrifical gear shifter but i know for a fact the moaros are still slower.

Thread Information