• Chapparal 2J

0 0%
  • Rx787B

4 13.33%
  • Other (please post)

4 13.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The best Lemans car ever?

Alpine A210 - won the "index of performance" many times. Beautiful track pre-cursor to the great A110

Matra 670 , DOMINATED Le Mans 72 thru 74 and yet forgotten !!

http://www.matrasport.dk/Cars/Sports...s/history.html fro all the models
    http://www.zonepassions.com/passionlemans/matra.htm and click on 'ecouter'

Alpine-Renault A442B - another forgotten FRENCH domination of Le Mans in 78.
    Came in to win the race, did it and then left !!

And I have to add the A610, PRIVATE entry came 13th in its first year - but multiple mechanical failures in pre-qualifying meant it never competed in 95

I'd have to go with the MATRA series as my favourite as these are beautiful cars and the sound of the V12 is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    An epitaph written on the pit wall of MANY entries to Le Mans over the years

Taking on the role of historian, to prevent the continued revisionist history, FORD did NOT manage to win Le Mans. They tried and tried and each race kept putting MORE power into the car. It took an English team and experience of racing endurance to produce the ultimate GT-40
    yes i knew about the English company, that's why Ford can't use the name GT40. but it is still a pretty sweet car. another reason that i don't like Ferarri that much is the Ferrucio Lamborghini story.
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Turbo
    reason that i don't like Ferarri that much is the Ferrucio Lamborghini story.
    Well, if it hadn't been for Enzo's initial arrogance, Ferrucio wouldn't have gone off to build his own, better cars.
    And the antagonism over the years just made Lamborghini build better cars than Ferrari
    If it had been sweetness and light we'd have ended up with a car with the Lambo badge and no soul earlier ( I hate the new Gallardo - they'd have been better badging it an AUDI )

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Well, if it hadn't been for Enzo's initial arrogance, Ferrucio wouldn't have gone off to build his own, better cars.
    And the antagonism over the years just made Lamborghini build better cars than Ferrari
    If it had been sweetness and light we'd have ended up with a car with the Lambo badge and no soul earlier ( I hate the new Gallardo - they'd have been better badging it an AUDI )
    yes, he unleashed his wrath by creating cars that unleash wrath. i'm not crazy about the Gallardo either, they shoud have went with the Cala instead.
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

Jaguar d type, c type , e type

Thread Information