Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: what's an R34 worth?

Ha well The GTS-T is Priced around the GT-T is Priced Well if not Brand New then Used But there well over $100,000 Because V-Spec GT-R your crazy if you tell me there not that Much much Normal GT-R are Priced at $90,000 i got these Prces from The NSW Book they send to Houses called OPEN ROAD i got it and checked plus my Cousin got a GT-S and he tell's me everything because he spent alot of time talking with the Seller before he Bought it soo... mate i think i no my Stuff and Plus NISSAN SKYLINE R34 GT-R V-SPEC come with T88 TWIN TURBO 20 POUND BOOST GAGE.
    I like your style, I like your class, but most of all I like your ass! I'm not a tease; I'm just a reminder of what you can't Plz

Did you even read my 1st post in this thread? i read open road as well mate havent seen that article though, anyways when youve been lookin at importing a car as long as i have you learn a few things... Your GT-S example is overpriced i think, only by a few thousand though...
    The Datto will rage again...

I dont think so mate. The guy at the GOLD COAST i asked him he told me that he got his GT-S for $37,100 I Told you Read mate.
    I like your style, I like your class, but most of all I like your ass! I'm not a tease; I'm just a reminder of what you can't Plz

he got pwned...
    get one imported for less then that, if he bought through a dealer he got marked up at least 5k over what its worth... if he bought private then he just got ripped off, unless there was a heap of extra crap in it...

Yeah you should here it he had a Doube Trumpet Blow off Valve and a Single T66 Turbo he had it on 20 Pounds of Boost. I looked at the Gage i Froze From amazement.

A boost gauge doesnt show how many pounds of boost is running through it, im pretty sure it tells you how much air/exhaust is being pushed through it, that why its like .5 1.0 and 1.5 its measured in KG/CM2

If im wrong someone please correct me
    Attached Images Attached Images

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Pulsar Turbo
    Ha well The GTS-T is Priced around the GT-T is Priced Well if not Brand New then Used But there well over $100,000 Because V-Spec GT-R your crazy if you tell me there not that Much much Normal GT-R are Priced at $90,000 i got these Prces from The NSW Book they send to Houses called OPEN ROAD i got it and checked plus my Cousin got a GT-S and he tell's me everything because he spent alot of time talking with the Seller before he Bought it soo... mate i think i no my Stuff and Plus NISSAN SKYLINE R34 GT-R V-SPEC come with T88 TWIN TURBO 20 POUND BOOST GAGE.

Are you completely retarded, or simply so dumb as to be unique??

"I know my skylines" you say.

Frankly you dont know sh1t.

Firstly, you cant buy R34's new since they stopped manufacturing them in 2002.

Secondly they dont make an R34 GTS, its the GTT.

The Trust T88 turbo series would give anywhere from 550bhp to 700bhp at 20lbs of boost.....EACH !!! They are one of the biggest turbos you can fit on a car, and the -34d model is rated at around 1000bhp on the RB26 (thats the engine you ignorant twat) on its own. I doubt very much whether an Rb26 would be able to spool two T88's up for all the tea in china.

I couldnt give any kind of guess as to what they are worth in Australia as I dont belong to SDU, but it would be simple to find them as they are the second biggest market for skylines outside of Japan. But I doubt you can even count, let alone appreciate value for cars so expect that your prices are as ill informed as your car know how.

TAKE IT FROM ME.......AS UNLIKE YOU I ACTUALLY OWN ONE !!!

J.

Oh,

And a boost gauge usually take a pressure reading from the inlet, so its actually showing you a kind of "inlet manifold pressure" rather than strict "boost". Hence why you dont get a reading if your intercooler piping comes off and the turbos are blowing their nuts off !!

J.

OMG
    ROFLMAO!!!
    totally and utterly pwned...
    thanks for that bit of info on the boost gauge too

Quote Originally Posted by Bladerider
    Are you completely retarded, or simply so dumb as to be unique??

"I know my skylines" you say.

Frankly you dont know sh1t.

Firstly, you cant buy R34's new since they stopped manufacturing them in 2002.

Secondly they dont make an R34 GTS, its the GTT.

The Trust T88 turbo series would give anywhere from 550bhp to 700bhp at 20lbs of boost.....EACH !!! They are one of the biggest turbos you can fit on a car, and the -34d model is rated at around 1000bhp on the RB26 (thats the engine you ignorant twat) on its own. I doubt very much whether an Rb26 would be able to spool two T88's up for all the tea in china.

I couldnt give any kind of guess as to what they are worth in Australia as I dont belong to SDU, but it would be simple to find them as they are the second biggest market for skylines outside of Japan. But I doubt you can even count, let alone appreciate value for cars so expect that your prices are as ill informed as your car know how.

TAKE IT FROM ME.......AS UNLIKE YOU I ACTUALLY OWN ONE !!!

J.
    the most that turbo can put out is 535+- a few hp assuming thats a twin turbo mounted sequentially so it adds 2.8 bar of boost total

complicated equation

each horsepower requires 0.00133 gallons of gas per minute assuming a 25% efficiency rate for the engine

2.6 litres with 2.8 bar of boost (1.4 +1.4) is 9.88 litres (assuming no energy lost)

so at 6000 rpm you'll burn 29.6 cubic feet of air/fuel mixture which comes out to .7 gallons of gasoline
    .7/.00133 is 534 hp
    there is no way that engine can make 550 hp

im not even taking into account other drive train losses, boost tailing off at high revs, cam profiles, ect.

HAHAHAHA why is it then in my Cuzin's Skyline and his friends 180sx and the Skyline i saw At the Gold Coast had 5, 10, 15, 20 and 30 pounds on the Gage you no mate you can Buy other and differnts Gage's as well.

thats called a boost dial, not a gauge you fool, you can change the amount of boost put through just by turning the knob or pushing a button! many cars have them with 2 or 3 saved settings, one for the missus (low) one for everyday (normal) one for flat out speed (high)

Ohh well then DIAL sorry.

thats like sayin, CAR... TRUCK... SAME THING!

Quote Originally Posted by KnifeEdge_2K1
    the most that turbo can put out is 535+- a few hp assuming thats a twin turbo mounted sequentially so it adds 2.8 bar of boost total

complicated equation

each horsepower requires 0.00133 gallons of gas per minute assuming a 25% efficiency rate for the engine

2.6 litres with 2.8 bar of boost (1.4 +1.4) is 9.88 litres (assuming no energy lost)

so at 6000 rpm you'll burn 29.6 cubic feet of air/fuel mixture which comes out to .7 gallons of gasoline
    .7/.00133 is 534 hp
    there is no way that engine can make 550 hp

im not even taking into account other drive train losses, boost tailing off at high revs, cam profiles, ect.

OMG

Not you as well.

Quick lesson in RB26 engine characteristics pal.

Firstly, unlike the supra and the RX7 the standard twin turbo setup is NOT (thats NOT, as in the opposite to) sequential. Each T25 series turbo is basically fed off three cylinders and then combine their boost pressure on a common feeder pipe into the intercooler.

Secondly, all your super technical equations are proving is that you dont know how engines work. An engine is simply an air pump. It just so happens that you get more power out, the more air you get in. The only way to increase the amount of air (and therefore fuel to give power) is using higher revs or force feeding the induction or both. Turbochargers have no bearing whatsoever on how much fuel you get into the engine.

I cant be arsed to dig out the correct formulae for you, but rest assured that a 2.6litre engine is easily capable of producing well in excess of 2000bhp if it is built strongly enough to cope with the huge forces acting inside of it. Incase you did not know, the 1.5litre turbo engines in formula1 back in the eighties were making 1500bhp in qualifying trim.

Just to convince you I have seen with my own eyes an RB26 with a T88-34d make 676bhp at the axles on 1.3bar of boost.

J.

Thread Information