Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I am going through a Car dilemma, HELP

Ohhh you could just say im spamming.....

My Volvo probably has anoer 15,000 miles on it. I think I was a little harsh on the Camaro. It was a freaking blast to drive. I floored it at every turn, the car was amazingly super. The only thing that'll take some time getting used to is the steering and turning radius. My Volvo has very good turning radius.

It was just weird what happened to me, the only thing that really happened was I just slammed the brakes to test them out. They stopped pretty damn well but the car quit on me right then and there. I tried starting it over and over, the engine came to life for a few seconds then quit on me. I was so pissed, but he said "this is a 2000 dollar car, you get what you pay for, now I am not going to lie to you, the car needs maintenance done asap, you need to get it serviced, you need the power windows replaced (both of them) and blah blah blah)" personally I am willing to spend a little on this car, my Volvo isnt a terrible car, it gets me from point a to point b just fine, I am just a little mad that its not a fast car.

I have to admit that 91' fit me well, I was hauling ass around the neighborhood testing its handling, speed.

I was looking at the post 93' models Z28, I'd like to have something like that or perhaps a same year 1991 Camaro Z28 instead of an RS.

The guy said that the Camaro had been parked up for a while, right? This might be why the car was behaving strangely.
    I remember checking out and test-driving a few US V8 engined cars that were also left in a garage for several months. All of them had trouble starting and maintaining idle. In fact my old Ford Fairlane would be troublesome when I hadn’t driven it for at least a week.

The only reason it doesn’t get to my Corvette is probably because I use it every day. I think V8 engines just hate to be left without being given a good run.

yeah its been sitting in the driveway for awhile. Ah what the hell, I'll get it. When I first drove the car I was like "Yeah ok this is my car"

just a thought from a guy that's in auto tech school, it sounds like you might have a valve problem with that great V8 of yours. a little blow by can cause a big problem.

Thread Information