Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SRT-10 is the best

The specs...

I am talking about are from the Lightning Concept, which I shouldn't have said was a production truck, it isn't yet. However Ford will answer Dodges challenge (the Ram SRT-10) with the next generation Lightning, which I heard will be arriving sometime in 2005. Also I found out it's engine will be all aluminum just like the new GT's.

You can read all about here Lightning Concept info from Ultimate Car Page

The Ram SRT-10 sucks anyway, it will be hard pressed just to keep up with the current Lightning. The next generation will spank it.
    Most wanted cars:

Ford GT, Aston Martin DB9, Nissan Skyline R-34 V-Spec II, 2004 SVT Cobra Mustang, VW Golf R32, TVR Cerbera 4.5, Ford Focus RS, Aston Martin Vanquish S

Still waiting.....Shelby Cobra, Shelby GR1, 2006 Ford Lightning, Next generation SVT Mustang Cobra 2006? Mazda Speed RX8

That Lightning concept will kick serious ass if it does make production, I'd like to see a back to back comparison with the SRT 10, current production Lightning and the Lightning concept trucks.

2004 Ram SRT 10

90* V10 8.277 litres/505.1 cu in - Naturally Aspirated
    SOHC 2 valves/cylinder
    4998 lbs curb weight
    500 bhp @ 5600 rpm
    500 lb-ft @ 4200 rpm

2004 F150 Lightning

90* V8 5.409 litres/330.1 cu in - Supercharged
    SOHC 2 valves/cylinder
    4700 lbs curb weight
    380 bhp @ 4750 rpm
    450 lb-ft @ 3250 rpm

2005 F150 Lightning Concept

90* V8 5.409litres/330.1 cu in - Supercharged
    DOHC 4 valves/cylinder
    4700 lbs curb weight (probably less due to the all aluminum engine)
    500 bhp @ 5250 rpm
    500 lb-ft @ 3250 rpm

I'd personally like to see a supercharged version of the 5.7 litre hemi in the Ram, it should make the same power, if not more than the V10 and should take 200-300 lbs off the total truck weight.

Originally posted by NoOne

/330.1 cu in - Supercharged
    DOHC 4 valves/cylinder
    When did they build a 330 cu in motor?

i belive it was made for the lightning for its last makeover, i remember they put one in a fox body mustang and were running 11's on street tires, it was so big they had to cut a hole in the hood , its a 330 in the new ford GT also
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

That would be one hell of a comparo

I can't wait till the Lightning comes out and we can see just how all the truck rods stack up.
    Most wanted cars:

Ford GT, Aston Martin DB9, Nissan Skyline R-34 V-Spec II, 2004 SVT Cobra Mustang, VW Golf R32, TVR Cerbera 4.5, Ford Focus RS, Aston Martin Vanquish S

Still waiting.....Shelby Cobra, Shelby GR1, 2006 Ford Lightning, Next generation SVT Mustang Cobra 2006? Mazda Speed RX8

that thang gotta hemi?
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

Originally posted by Batmobile_Turbo
    that thang gotta hemi?
    No, I just think it'd be a great idea to supercharge the 5.7 litre Hemi, a nice modern motor instead of the "caveman" mentality of the V10.

No, I just think it'd be a great idea to supercharge the 5.7 litre Hemi, a nice modern motor instead of the "caveman" mentality of the V10.
    Gotta agree -
    use it (V10) for trucks
    big SUVS
    big people movers (Voyager V10 ), boats
    stand-by generators (for New York?), aircraft
    fast prime-movers
    small ships (multiple V10's)
    cranes
    on-board sheep-mincers
    but give us a supercharged HEMI with an overboost option that voids your warranty.

Overboost is just a pulley away, I've heard people swapping the pulley from 4.6 litre in the Mustang Cobra R for the 5.4 litre one for the Lightning. I've heard of approx. 12psi boost from this swap.

12psi boost from this swap.
    Man - thats gotta hurt.
    isn't that 35% more?
    The 3800 Buick is (was) our only stock supercharged engine.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I honestly don't know which pulley, I will try to find out. As far as the boost gain, that's the figure I've heard claimed, I think it sounds a bit high for just a pulley change, but then again, I had a Chrysler Daytona Turbo which gave me 14psi up to around 3500 rpm which would bleed back to 7psi under constant throttle, after changing the ECU, I would get about 15psi right through redline.

I don't know why boost is limited so low, except so it can be increased in a few model years .... possibly by just doing that same swap.

I can't think which Buick engine was supercharged stock, but Ford also did it with the Thunderbird SC/ Mercury Cougar XR7 in the late '80's early '90's.

Upping the screw speed using the 'driven' pulley would mean making it smaller. Making it smaller would reduce the belt contact area and the hp transmitted to the supercharger, when it would want more (hp).
    So (take a breath .....) -
    I would guess it's the drive pulley on the engine - which would be bitch to do?
    Maybe you can find out?

you mean torque... torque is the rotaional force force driving the S/C. hp is the measure of energy produced by the torque...
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

Originally posted by megotmea7
    you mean torque... torque is the rotaional force force driving the S/C. hp is the measure of energy produced by the torque...
    Good point

Red face They really should....

use the blown Hemi in something other than that new Magnum station wagon thing (which I think is really cool by the way). Maybe use that in the Ram like you said, or if they ever decide to bring back a muscle/pony car like say the charger, that would be one hell of a motor!
    Most wanted cars:

Thread Information