Page 9 of 55 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Automotive idiot stories...

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach

No offence to everyone here, but THE MAJORITY OF AMERICA ARE UNCANNILY IDIOTIC!

Americans are Sueaholics!
    I hate to sound like a pain in the arse but sites like Supercars.net make me sensitive to comments like this. The US poulation is currently 293,381,909. The world could not sustain that many idiots in one country. Despite the evidence to the contrary I have seen on Supercars.net. I cannot agree with your broad generalisation.

People sue for the money. If the law is that dickless it allows lawyers to win these cases blame the system, not the clever lawyers and the people who are willing to have a go.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    Car manufacturer found responsible for not having a feature that prevents the fuel filler cap from being left on roof.

Sometimes justice has no meaning.
    some how i dont think this is justice seeing the woman wanst smart enough to possibly realise this would of been the outcome....and also how she didnt seem to realise that driveing off the fuel cap will not stay there...i have done this on one occasion i left it on my rear window luver and as i was driveing off heard a clunk when it hit the ground...i pulled over and looked at mymates "where on a treasure hunt lads! who ever finds my fuel cap gets a bag of chips" we found it in the middle of the road and when traffic cleared i ran over and grabbed it...amazed it wasnt squashed...and happy i didnt have to give out the bag of chips (i found it ) the only person to blame in this was me! i lapsed for a second and left it on the luver...its not like datsun anticipated me being silly enough to forget it...and they shouldent have to either!

The issue is not with leaving the fuel cap on the roof, but the actions of the driver: doing an emergency stop on a high speed road is just stupid, and cost the lives of several people, and the car company got blamed for something it could not control - the common sense (or lack of) of the driver.
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    The issue is not with leaving the fuel cap on the roof, but the actions of the driver: doing an emergency stop on a high speed road is just stupid, and cost the lives of several people, and the car company got blamed for something it could not control - the common sense (or lack of) of the driver.
    Well thats basically the point i made...it was MY lapse in concetration that caused ME to leave it on the luver...how anybody could do something like that and get away with sueing them is what i view the criminal part....

auto ignorance and the co-worker

*advanced apologies for minor swearing to those with sensitive ears, but I don't censor my posts. In fact, I don't condone or care for censorship in any way. you don't like it, skip my post.

I work with a guy that believes that his buddies 81 GMC with "a brand new 350 in it" will beat a Porsche Carrera GT. even after I told him what a carrera GT is and what it can do. he then told me "it has to slow down for corners, but the truck doesn't". ok, so much for simple physics! yep, even after I talked him down, he was carrying on about how porsche 911's are shit because they have V6's! and that they'd be better with... guess what? "a 350".

and I have met the usual assortment of people that think a cold air filter and NOS stickers will help make their Honda Civic go faster. sad, really.

I was in the theater one evening for the big opening of... some movie, I can't remember any more. anyways, the promo for the 2 FAST 2 FURIOUS came on, and a couple of idiots and their girlfriends were behind me, and they were babbling on about how stupid it was and that it was so unrealistic. at that time, I was quietly agreeing, but then they started babbling on about how those movie cars weren't as good as their friend's prelude, or such and such's nissan of some kind. and how much faster and cooler they were than "all those lame ferrari's and shit".

btw, egg nog, vancouver? I'm in penticton

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    C'mon you guys, I know there's lots of stories out there!

Like the guy who put armor-all'ed the entire surface on his tires on his IS300 and crashed into a tree pulling out of his driveway
    well... there are alot of idiot stories out there, but as some one said, all other topics prolly have a crap load in em. I can't come up with any right off the top of my head, and not even goin to try, not to kill this topic.

Yesterday I went to fill up the wife's van, and I see a lot of commotion over at another minivan - 4 maybe 5 construction workers, a police officer and a few good samaritans ... all guys, tripping over each other trying to open the door on this (extreme)hottie's van. I watch, chuckling to myself ... stupidity is kind of a kick for me, something I can watch all day as long as it doesn't interfere with whatever else I'm doing.

Anyways, I fill up and walk inside to pay, I'm a regular so I small talk with gas station attendant for a minute or two and I say to her, "what kind of an idiot locks their keys in their car?", before she can reply some guy behind me chimes up with "I've done it more times than I'd care to talk about", of course this leads me to smile and roll my eyes at the attendant who is trying really hard to keep a straight face, and I turn and say to this guy and told him "I don't know how any responsible driver can do that", before he can answer, one of the construction workers walks in and says to the attendant "its OK they unlocked the van and her baby (who was locked inside) are fine".

I brush past the guy that was standing behind me and told him "I'm not even gonna touch responsible parents" ... with that the attendant couldn't hold back anymore and gave one of those surprise snickers - the kind that kids do and milk comes out of their nose.

I get in my car, reach into my pocket for my keys, then realize I had left them in the ignition ... I smile at myself, shake my head and drive away ....thinking how lucky I am that I didn't lock the door.

ive locked the keys in my car 3 times....all at home when im running around doing chores working on my car and returning from work/mates place twice was while doing several things at once at home and once was because a mate decided to be a smartass...he got a bruise the size of an orange on his arm for his effort...and i got a ciggy...But all in all even doing it on these occasions made feel like a jackass....ive had mates who have had to break into their own cars because of this ive learned from all of these occasions....

I know someon who spent quite some time trying to open their car to retrieve their keys only to find out that the passenger side was open all the time.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500
    ...and i got a ciggy...
    You should stop smoking.

i was driving down the road today when i saw a red ferrari 360 modena go past me (oncomming lane), i was so hypnotized by the shear fact its my first time seeing a 360 on the road i nearly forgot to stop at the red light

not a car idiot story, but an idiot story none the less.

alot of the time, when the bastards over by the stockyards need to make the cows move to and from holding pens, they twist the tail on them. instead of being nice and easy on them, they go gonzo on the animals, grab em by the tail, and twist it around on em. like dumbasses. rather than being nice and calm about it all.

alot of the time, the tail breaks due to the force used to twist it, which then translates into me losing alot of money on the cow because she's a cripple.

its not my fault your employees are too abusive on the cattle, asshats. honestly, people should be fired for that nonsense. but of course, their not.
    Last edited by Fowler; 06-15-2004 at 11:01 PM.
    UCP's most hardcore skunk

Quote Originally Posted by KnifeEdge_2K1
    i was driving down the road today when i saw a red ferrari 360 modena go past me (oncomming lane), i was so hypnotized by the shear fact its my first time seeing a 360 on the road i nearly forgot to stop at the red light
    First time i saw one was a spider modeland all that got out of me was a cruious look and a ohh thats nice...!?!....wonder if he saw the camera? VrrrrrrrWAHHHHHHH obviously not first one i saw on the road got its picture taken...unforntutly it was a cop van and not me ...I still think ferraris sound funny...nothing like a v8

" I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect."

My bumper sticker "If you can read this...I can slam on my brakes and sue you"

Idiots on film....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information