Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MAZDA to make the RX-7 again?(prolly in the UK)

MAZDA to make the RX-7 again?(prolly in the UK)

mazda
    i think is about to make another RX-7 and aparently.....goin to be in UK.
    anyone knows if this will also be out in US?.
    (sorry if this is a repost, but haven't seen news here about it)
    1993 nissan 240sx hatchback(stock) <<drifter, straight liner, road courser

"Horsepower is the force that determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carroll Shelby

"Real cars don't make power at the front wheels....they lift them."

i haven't heard anything bout this. sounds interesting, but I think if they do revive the RX-7, a major facelift is gonna be needed in order for it to sell

Mazda made a smart move by introducing the new Renesis rotary in the RX-8 but really I hope it was to set the stage for the new RX-7. How can the RX-7 be absent for this long. Possibly a SWB version of the RX-8, sans suicide doors would do. It would be very financially feasible as well.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

i dont care if this car comes out with major facelift or just a minor one. this is a great car, esp for extreme tuner.
    Reach for the moon! Even if you miss, you'll still be among the stars!

I think if they do revive the RX-7, a major facelift is gonna be needed in order for it to sell
    the last RX-7 wasnt pretty enough for you? even the 99+ front ends?

mazda has been toying withthe idea f a new RX-7 for a while, the RX-8 was supposed to be the determining factor, if it did well there would be a new 7, and aperently it did well enough for mazda to start thinking more about introducing a new 7. it will come out most likely with the same renesis motor as in the manual RX-8, then later down the road a mazdaspeed version will be released with a rumored 300-320hp. and theres even talk about reintroducing the roadster to copete with its 350z competition. peronally i cant wait
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

All I can say is it better have a turbo.

Awesome news, hope they really produce it.

Same weight as the old RX7, RX8 engine with a nice little turbo and you got a beast right there.

I've heard some things on it and some pictures of a concept of it. It would look basically like a two door version of the RX8. The one I say was black and in Car and Driver. It was possible that it was mixed up with the new MX-5 because it looks similar.
    "You know what these trees and old people have in common? They're both going in the ground soon!" - Bam Margera

"The day the New York Times defines what Country Music is will be the day I shave my legs with a butter knife." - John Rich, of the country band Big and Rich

I'll be 15 on Feb. 18th, so buy me a drink! (Hint: Don't look at it as the decimal number. <smirks>)

well if they did it'll be a new chassis and new engine most likely so it wouldnt be an rx7 nemore, they'd just call it that for marketing purposes

just like how u can slap a bmw badge on the cat my friend ran over yesterday and you'd have a queue of people lined up for a test drive

i dont know about Mazda Japan, but Mazda Australia isnt finished with the RX-8 yet, theyre planning a 270kw turbo version...

but a new one off the RX-8's chassis would look pretty good, i saw a sketch of what it could look like a while ago and a bit shorter with sharper styling like with the headlights, looked pretty good
    I am the Stig

Yes... but isn't it a very limited edition (the Turboed RX-8).

Quote Originally Posted by KnifeEdge_2K1
    well if they did it'll be a new chassis and new engine most likely so it wouldnt be an rx7 nemore, they'd just call it that for marketing purposes

just like how u can slap a bmw badge on the cat my friend ran over yesterday and you'd have a queue of people lined up for a test drive
    what are you talking about? it is common practice to update a cars platform as its generations progress. your saying everything after the 12a SA RX-7's are "true" RX-7's becaus they are not based off the same platform? the FC platform is completly different from the SA's and the FD platform used the benifits of the FC platform and improved apon it while making it lighter and more rigid, the new RX-7 will do the same borrowing from both the FD and the RX-8's platform. it will be a true RX-7 and it will use the next generation rotary from the RX-8 with a mazdaspeed version adding a turbo and around 50hp or so.

All I can say is it better have a turbo.
    if the initial n/a coupe/convertable doesnt sell, you can count out the turbo mazdaspeed version. but one can hope
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

Quote Originally Posted by fa22_raptor
    Yes... but isn't it a very limited edition (the Turboed RX-8).
    they havent really talked build numbers yet, just target power and torque figures
    I am the Stig

With all the delay in the introduction of the 8, Mazda will do well to keep it quiet until they are dead sure of what and when. Seems the RX-8 chassis is going to be Mazda new sportscar platform. The 8, the next MX-5 is supposed to use it modified and hopefully the next RX-7.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

i thought the next MX-5 was going to use just things like the suspension etc rather than most of the platform, unless thats what you meant by modified
    I am the Stig

Thread Information