Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: English Native Speaker

Tally ho! Toot Toot pip pip turrah wot wot and all that, jolly good show, I say old boy.
    "If you feel like you're in control you're not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    I knew you were going to volunteer as the ideal counterpart, mr. Butler-Henderson.

Hey you seem to have forgotten that the forst person to reply to this thread is actually english

<<<<<<<<<<
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Quote Originally Posted by mechanixfetch
    Tally ho! Toot Toot pip pip turrah wot wot and all that, jolly good show, I say old boy.
    Are you sure Mr.Toad didn't come to your house?

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang
    Hey you seem to have forgotten that the forst person to reply to this thread is actually english

<<<<<<<<<<
    I certainly noticed your reply, but my message was directed to EggNog, who also wanted to play ball. I was just acknowledging Coventry's new responsibilities as a mod.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

ah ok
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

I certainly noticed your reply, but my message was directed to EggNog, who also wanted to play ball. I was just acknowledging Coventry's new responsibilities as a mod.
    Hey, it's typed English, not spoken. We Canadians do it the proper way, such as colour, centre, fibre, civilisation, etc. We also, according to an Englishman I met in Vancouver, tend to avoid colloquialisms during conversation more so than our British friends.

I agree on avoiding the American speech/spelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    Hey, it's typed English, not spoken. We Canadians do it the proper way, such as colour, centre, fibre, civilisation, etc. We also, according to an Englishman I met in Vancouver, tend to avoid colloquialisms during conversation more so than our British friends.

I agree on avoiding the American speech/spelling.
    but he was looking a type of conversation, (see his reference to the Skype system), and there is where pronounciation comes in. I fully agree about the colloquialisms, a conversation between english people is increasingly becoming a hard act to follow.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    a conversation between english people is increasingly becoming a hard act to follow.
    You couldn't be more right there...

Quote Originally Posted by spi-ti-tout
    You couldn't be more right there...

Meaning ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang
    Meaning ?
    They increasingly speak in riddles

Thread Information