Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2005 Ferrari 575 Superamerica

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    I don't really feel the need ot explain myself, but here goes.

I never said i wanted a Mercedes, necessarily; when I say I want comfort, I mean the classic Cadillac kind of comfort where you feel no bumps, sit on overstuffed bench seats, and steer through a system that you could steer with your pinky finger. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Ferrari's never made a car like that

Not to defend Mercedes, but also given the focus of both companies, it's safer to assume that the Mercedes would be more comfortable than the Ferrari, rather than vice versa.
    Last edited by jcp123; 11-26-2004 at 07:57 PM.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

When I look at a Lotus Elise, I'm not thinking comfort. Similarly, a 575M is not a luxury car and wouldn't have a luxurious ride but it is a GT, so it's more comfortable than the more sporting Ferraris.

On a car forum you'll see all kinds of cars, that don't all share the same raison d'etre. If you judge all of them by your personal yardstick of perfection, you'll miss-out. Is a 250+K Ferrari any good at hauling stuff, commuting, the beach, it's not meant to be.

Looks are a different matter. Either it appeals to you or not. I'm personally not a great fan of the 575M. It's my least favorite of the current Ferrari stablemates. It still looks good to me.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by jcp123
    I never said i wanted a Mercedes, necessarily; when I say I want comfort, I mean the classic Cadillac kind of comfort where you feel no bumps, sit on overstuffed bench seats, and steer through a system that you could steer with your pinky finger.
    My apologies, that should probably have been fielded more towards piotr.

I can understand why that kind of environment would appeal, but I fall asleep far too easily in cars as a passenger - if they were anymore comfy I'd be nodding off at the wheel, which wouldn't be ideal.
    Thanks for all the fish

Thread Information