Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Personalised Number Plates ?

Personalised Number Plates ?

What do people think of personalised number plates,are they good or wank ?
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

well if you can fork out the money for one then its worth it, ive always liked the europlates, slim and very different, dont get a cheapo 1 that has only different letter colours or wateva, id get a slim plate, white on black
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

The types of people around here that are into them are the types that give Skylines and WRX's a bad name, so my opinion of thems not that great. too often what they want them to say is completely different to what i reckon they say
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz_
    well if you can fork out the money for one then its worth it, ive always liked the europlates, slim and very different, dont get a cheapo 1 that has only different letter colours or wateva, id get a slim plate, white on black
    No personalised like v8 eta,horny,runsa10,porsche 01,etc shit like that
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

i seen one that was T0a5t lol!

I would choose BEN-O17 = Benoit, which is my first name. We can only choose between combinations of XXX-000, 3 letter, 3 numbers. But I will never pay the 600 euros for it, so I'll probably never have it.

M4TRA is one I long for.

Also L510CKE or P410CKE or P10CKE.

So if anyone in the UK sees a car with those registrations, pull them over and tell them to contact me
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

It doesn't cost much more in the US to get one, so mine says XENIA. I can't change it til it expires. It's where my parents are from, so they made it that when they bought the volvo.

In Kansas once you get one, you've got it for 5 years. currently, mine is, "NOPASSN" - shocker, I know. It's due up for renewal in Feb. I'm thinking about getting my new one to say, "TIFOSI"....

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    M4TRA is one I long for.

Also L510CKE or P410CKE or P10CKE.

So if anyone in the UK sees a car with those registrations, pull them over and tell them to contact me
    Wadabout This! New reg, type in and find your Plate

Ohhhh - "PET 3R" £35,405
    "It feels loud, fast and scary. It feels like someone has torn off your arm and is beating you to death with the soggy end." Clarkson talking about a TVR.

Mebig1

Huge1

My6t

Onerun

Sub.12

Got.tt

600.tt8
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

The US is the most sensible AFAIK.

You can come up with your own letters and numbers and ask for it. As long as it's decent and not already allocated you can get it. That right guys ?

IN Euroep and the UK for sure it's all about the year it was made adn the area it is registered and then it's luck of the draw on what numbers you get. Of course what the government THEN does is to "auction" the "special numbers" that they think they can get more money from us mugs !!!

Worst of all is even if you get one of these special numbers you may not be able to use it as you can't put a registration that indicates a ne car onto an older one. So if I had P10CKE I couldn't put it on a car newer than 1996 and sadly my sports cars are all older than that
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by UCR
    Wadabout This! New reg, type in and find your Plate
    Ohhhh - "PET 3R" £35,405
    problem with ALL these seearch systems is they only look up the database of AVAILABLE numbers, so people who have said they are willing to sell or are on hold at a dealer.
    If the reg is out there on a car and that person isnt' 'savvy' then a registration exists COUDL be transfered but likely never will because there is no way to find who owns a car legally. ( A few policemen in the past used to earn a few quid by looking up the Police National Computer - but after a few got sacked it all stopped )

In OZ most have to chose from only 6 letters and numbers And the nmbers must be at the end they can't come before the letters,
    Also they have cracked down on numbers plates that might insight rage hooning insluts, Like XR-KILA SS-KILA RUN-XR6 BEAT-SS
    But one number plate i just seen at it was not personalised was (FAG.194) If it was 69 then i would have smashed
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    problem with ALL these seearch systems is they only look up the database of AVAILABLE numbers, so people who have said they are willing to sell or are on hold at a dealer.
    If the reg is out there on a car and that person isnt' 'savvy' then a registration exists COUDL be transfered but likely never will because there is no way to find who owns a car legally. ( A few policemen in the past used to earn a few quid by looking up the Police National Computer - but after a few got sacked it all stopped )
    Everything good, it seems is not when your about!
    "It feels loud, fast and scary. It feels like someone has torn off your arm and is beating you to death with the soggy end." Clarkson talking about a TVR.

Thread Information