Thread: I am the greatest in all the land.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I am the greatest in all the land.

Gran Turismo HD v1.1
    Lotus Elise 111R, tuner edition. I rocked the casbah on this one. My previous best was a 1:13.2xx, and it just seemed like I wouldn't be able to break the 1:12.xxx barrier. It's been eating me up inside the last few days. Every time I'd gain a little in one section, it'd cost me a ton in another. Then it happened.

At the first sector, I was about even. Second sector I was -.1xx, and by the 4th sector I was -.5xx. It was all uphill from here though, and with a rather nasty 180 degree decreasing radius corner right before the finish line. It's a spot that in the little 250hp Elise, you can get in a lot of trouble. Especially when you drive like a real man with no TCS/ASM.

But I took it a little harder than I'd have liked through there, spun the tires and kicked the ass out a little coming off. So much that I actually thought I'd lost a lot of the time I'd gained. Not so. New lap record. And good enough for 1st place ranking online. I rule.

GTHD is definitely fun. It's only got 10 cars; 2 versions of each (stock and tuned). And it only has 1 track (forward and reverse). And really, there's not much to do. You can't race against anyone else, though the track is so tight you wouldn't want to. And the Ferrari 599, as cool as it is, is a waste in the demo since the track is so narrow. You really can't open it up without excessive amounts of tirespin and bouncing off walls. But that doesn't matter. It keeps me occupied. I rarely drive anything but the Lotus, actually. It's just so well balanced.

And for those of you wondering, the physics aren't improved a lot, but the FWD cars definitely tend to understeer a LOT more than they used to, and the Miata is more than happy to kick out under even light throttle pressure. The sounds are still kind of 'meh' but it's an early demo. The nice thing is PD is giving us the chance to help them do a little Beta'ing with this. Here's to hoping GT5 is the most amazing game ever. 1.8T powered, if you will...

On to the ownage picture. (If you have a PS3 and the GTHD demo you can watch my replay on there. It saves the top 5 on every car.)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Thread Information