Quote Originally Posted by Fleet 500 View Post
That's another good point. Those terrorists didn't need guns to commit their acts.
Think you mist the point.

It would be up to a court of law to determine if you were mentally unbalanced when you shot him. However, doing that is forbidden by the law and would be an illegal act. Justice would be trying the man in court and having a sentence for his crime.
Wouldn't matter a gun was easy to get i walked down to my local gun shop and bought one with no id 1 gun per month with no id.

You can't tell in every case if someone becomes mentally unbalanced 5 or 10 years in the future.
Again, I will point out that Washington D.C. has the strictist gun laws in the country and it has the highest crime rate. I will also point out that years ago, I town in Illinois passed a law banning guns. The crime rate soared. And a town in Georgia passed a law requiring every household to have a gun. The house break-in dropped dramatically because criminals knew that if they broke into a house in that city, there was a good chance that they would have to deal with someone with a gun.
That's the point you can't pick anything, So be hard all round..
Instead of giving up after some trails why not let it stay on for ever and see how it is 5-10 years down the road..

Gun buy back crimes are dum enough for money they will sell there guns back.

D.C laws might be weak compared to others around the world.