Thread: Cotterik's Corsa SXI

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cotterik's Corsa SXI

Hi all. As some of you may know I passed my driving test early in April. Which immediately led to the inevitable - buying my first car. After waiting most of my childhood for this moment I was surprised to find it to be one of the most stressful and unenjoyable times I can remember. We viewed around 20 cars before we finally found this one. Travelling all over the north of the country only to find that cars have been falsely advertised etc.

Anyway we stumbled across a gem of a car eventually. Its a 51 reg (2001) Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 16v SXI 1229cc 80hp. Its had 3 previous owners. The last of which since 2005 has only done 3,000 miles in the car. Before hand the car had only done 28,000 miles. Which in 8 years shows the car has hardly been used. Since by average the car should have done around 100K by now. Its silver. With the SXI sport trim (bucket seats, air conditioning, wheel audio controls, air conditioning, electric windows + mirrors, power steering, 15" alloy wheels, black trim along the bottom of the car.) The only extra it doesnt have is leather seats. After market spoiler as shown in the photos is the only modification. Its a great drive. The steering feels very responsive and it builds up speed quite quickly when you want it to. These cars are very popular with guys my age since they are sporty yet arent higher in insurance since the engine is untouched from the standard 1.2 corsa. Its pretty much spotless inside and out. Overall am very happy with it. No problems have occured yet other than the front wiper loses voltage so there isnt any fluid spraying onto the windscreen. But I'm waiting for an auto electrician to sort that out later in the week. I did a short photoshoot with it this afternoon so here's a few photos. I havent recieved my UCP window stickers yet but they will go on each rear side window when they arrive:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1_2.jpg (885.7 KB, 23 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (793.0 KB, 26 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (978.1 KB, 13 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (818.4 KB, 18 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (752.7 KB, 6 views)
    • File Type: jpg 6.jpg (715.7 KB, 14 views)
    Last edited by Cotterik; 05-14-2009 at 10:26 AM.

Thread Information