Thread: Some Changes...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Some Changes...

I am planning on some changes with my cars in the next few months and into next year.

First, I'm probably not going to own the '66 Plymouth Fury VIP much longer. I would like to keep it. It's fun to drive and the 383-4 bbl engine has plenty of torque, but owning 4 cars is a little too many for me. 3 is okay; 4 is too many!

I found an invoice for my '69 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham from Feb., 2008 when it had a minor tune-up (points and plugs). Back then, it had 98,409. As of this month, it has 98,663. It has only been driven 254 miles in 4 years! Even I thought it would have been more like 700 or 800 miles. Which shows when you own 4 cars, one or two are not driven much (in my case, that is).

I'll keep the Plymouth a little longer, maybe into next year. And I will resist the temptation to buy another car instead! It would free up some garage space; instead of two cars parked outside, there will be only one.

Second, I may have my '95 Lincoln Town Car repainted. It has been parked on the street most of the time since I bought it in 2006 and the paint is oxidizing or something like that (see photos). And the gray paint never really appealed to me; looks kind of drab. I like the Lincoln burgundy and dark blue from that year. I will probably go with dark blue... I've always wanted to own a blue car. It won't be painted black... I already have two black cars. It won't be a extensive and expensive, just a acceptable paint job for under $1,000. A car guy at the weekly car show had his '66 Chevy Nova (with a Chevy crate 383-cu-in engine) repainted at "One-Day Paint and Body," a discount paint shop. Done in black and it came out very good for a low-cost repaint. It cost about $1,100 and they have sales in which the total price is even less, such as $560 for "Plus 3," which includes a 5-year warranty.

No changes planned for the '69 Cadillac and the '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine, '95 Lincoln Town Car.

Thread Information