Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Race Tracks

New Race Tracks

I Herd today that there is another racetrack planned near sydney
    The mg car club is trying to build one near newcastle and is taking the council to court because they won't allow the track to be built. There is also another one planned near cessnock does any one know what is happining to the one planned near cessnock.
    Last edited by jaybonzi; 12-01-2004 at 09:15 PM.

please dont post in diff colours, its annoying to read and look at, other then that...

how big is this track? who can use it? is it going to be sponsored? why wont they let it be built?
    The Datto will rage again...

Whats your hair color whats your car whats your shoes lol
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

sorry didnt mean to sound like matra just curious

Plans

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra
    please dont post in diff colours, its annoying to read and look at, other then that...

how big is this track? who can use it? is it going to be sponsored? why wont they let it be built?
    Because noice is high and two submissions against it from the RTA and HUNTER WATER. also the council said it was a inappropreit area. I'm not sure about the one at cessnock and woundered if any one knew any thing about that as well. here is a site for the newcastle one http://www.mgcarclub.com.au/htmpages/rngWd/rngWd.htm

a 500 metre track doesnt sound that interesting but if they did get it out to the 2.5km planned then id bring the datto there to race no problem, mind you even if they dont ill have to anyway if theyre a round in the hillclimb championship

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra
    a 500 metre track doesnt sound that interesting but if they did get it out to the 2.5km planned then id bring the datto there to race no problem, mind you even if they dont ill have to anyway if theyre a round in the hillclimb championship
    It is 500 now but there building a new track 2.5 but it's currently in court let's hope council give it the green light.

yeh i'd be keen to take it on, a 20 odd second course really just isnt long enough...

I dont think Sydney really needs any more racetracks, nor can we fit them. Within reasonable distance to the city theres still Eastern Creek and Oran Park which are both featured in the V8 Supercars, but theres tracks elsewhere through the state. Oran Park as it is is under threat of being torn up for another housing estate
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    I dont think Sydney really needs any more racetracks, nor can we fit them. Within reasonable distance to the city theres still Eastern Creek and Oran Park which are both featured in the V8 Supercars, but theres tracks elsewhere through the state. Oran Park as it is is under threat of being torn up for another housing estate
    the cessnock one would be protected by vineyards.

providing it gets permission to be built of course....

and i dont think vineyards are going to do much......there was a vineyard around here that was stopping people from building houses around it. so what did people do? they torched the vineyard
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    providing it gets permission to be built of course....

and i dont think vineyards are going to do much......there was a vineyard around here that was stopping people from building houses around it. so what did people do? they torched the vineyard
    Adelaide only really has one thats Mallala and that is struggling since it lost the V8 to Adelaide,still has Konicas and procar.There was talk about Adelaide International Raceway opening for circuit cars,but Bob Jane owns it and hadnt spent 10 cents on it for 10 years,saftey would have to be well and truley improved
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

well a major issue with phillip island was its safety, and that cost it its place on this years calender, but Cochrane since then has been talking to Lindsay Fox who mustve recently bought the track and its all good to go for late november next year again.

as far as i know Mallala was getting a bit small for the V8 Supercars, much like Pukekohe is now i suppose which sparked the Aukland street race proposal or Manfield. none of those 2 are going ahead now it seems with Wellington pushing hard for a street race. i guess though that SA is one place that could benefit from another track, and another V8 Supercar round
    I am the Stig

We just havent got the population for it here,Mallala was way to small for v8 supercars,the clipsal is fantastic though,have the Thur,Fri off work take a daughter each day,take the wife Sat and Sun.Didnt make Sun last year too crook from Sat nite,tried to keep up with my nephews,far too old for that malacky
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

well they even held the AGP there a while back didnt they, before it went to Albert Park. Being the first official round of the series, they really start off with a bang, 250km on sat and sun gives great viewing and im sure the crowds go off. its a pity though cause im sure everyone wishes they could go crazy on the salt lakes out there
    I am the Stig

Thread Information