Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: V8 Supercars: Round 13 Eastern Creek, Big Pond Grand Finale

Quote Originally Posted by motorsportnerd
    Well, all the positions for next year are locked solid. I think Crompton was probably talking about various drivers having their last drive for their current team.
    Crompton has never gone into speculation on TV in the past without naming names. What names did he mention?

Come on - name names.
    1.there is no driver yet for the second 888 car
    and 3 drivers contracts are up for review

That goes against every other reliable published source (ie. Motorsport News, Auto Action, the official V8 Supercar website) and every other statement mentioned on Channel 10. I'll check a few other forums later for any rumours, but I haven't heard anything. I'll let you know if I find anything. Personally, I find it hard to believe - maybe you misinterpreted Crompton? Did he say a few drivers have their "careers on the line" - he often says that. And he'd be referring to Warren Luff, Max Wilson and Dale Brede, who do not currently have contracts for next year.
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by jaybonzi
    1.there is no driver yet for the second 888 car
    and 3 drivers contracts are up for review
    FPV mentioned Wilson and the second 888 earlier in the thread. The other two drivers I mentioned above.
    This isn't exactly drivers being fired though - just the standard contract negotiations that go on.
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

I think that was speculation. Perkins has resigned Dumbrell on a multi year contract, though.
    That UK driving course Dumbrell done seemed to do him the world of good, i can still remember that careless crash at Adelaide that he managed to get away with....
    I am the Stig

First race of the three for the round is over. Ambrose won from Lowndes, Bright, Besnard, Kelly, Radisich and Ingall.
    Therefore, Marcus Ambrose is now officially the 2004 Australian V8 Supercar Champion.
    The two HRT drivers looked fast in qualifying, but took each other out at the first corner. Not a very smart move by Todd Kelly to squeeze his boss into a spin.
    Rick Kelly started 21st, came into the pits for his compulsory pitstop early, and leap frogged all the way up to fifth - not a bad way to pass a lot cars in one hit...

Whos Todd Kelly driving for next year !!Might have to find a new team,I'm glad cant stand Skaife
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

FPV mentioned Wilson and the second 888 earlier in the thread. The other two drivers I mentioned above.
    This isn't exactly drivers being fired though - just the standard contract negotiations that go on.
    Romors are floating around about steeve ellery possibly moveing teams...only rumors....and if his father keeps the team Youlden could get a drive next year....But as i said all rumors...Imm pissed off that dean canto hasnt even gotten a mention

And while Bright is a good driver i dont want him in FPR (and DJ said Steo had the personality of a speed hump yeesh look at brighty) And what a shame FPR is loosing both seto and Lowndes their cars are finally going somewhere....

And there was a driver fired this year....Gore didnt like Yoong much

Oh and a quick side note for that One eyed Greg Murphy fan who wanted ambrose to crash and/or get sick suck S**T BACK II BACK! not very comely i know but niether whereyour comments(what goes around you know )

Yeah fpv seem to have got their engine woes under control,and now Lowndes is leaving,I think Seaton will do ok at DJR as I think both Johnson and Luff have trouble setting up a car,his experience should get DJR more competitive next year

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500
    Romors are floating around about steeve ellery possibly moveing teams...only rumors....and if his father keeps the team Youlden could get a drive next year....But as i said all rumors...Imm pissed off that dean canto hasnt even gotten a mention

And while Bright is a good driver i dont want him in FPR (and DJ said Steo had the personality of a speed hump yeesh look at brighty) And what a shame FPR is loosing both seto and Lowndes their cars are finally going somewhere....

And there was a driver fired this year....Gore didnt like Yoong much

Oh and a quick side note for that One eyed Greg Murphy fan who wanted ambrose to crash and/or get sick suck S**T BACK II BACK! not very comely i know but niether whereyour comments(what goes around you know )
    dean canto could be in a 888 car for next year and what about mark winterbottem his contract is up for review next year could he end up at 888

Wellif the rumor of ellerys true Cantos going to be atest driver again.....

If DJR give seto the right car im all forit....setos my faveorite drive and it shure bits to see himlag like this apprently hes tested next years car already and apprently hemade a few set up tweaks for Johnson not only is he a good driver he also takes an active role in the carsset up rather thenneeding an engineer to interprate what he wants changed he can say maybey we should add a lower harder spring and so on...and hes good with fans. I dunno if hes got another championship but can we see a top 5 prehaps and maybey a round win?

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500
    Wellif the rumor of ellerys true Cantos going to be atest driver again.....

If DJR give seto the right car im all forit....setos my faveorite drive and it shure bits to see himlag like this apprently hes tested next years car already and apprently hemade a few set up tweaks for Johnson not only is he a good driver he also takes an active role in the carsset up rather thenneeding an engineer to interprate what he wants changed he can say maybey we should add a lower harder spring and so on...and hes good with fans. I dunno if hes got another championship but can we see a top 5 prehaps and maybey a round win?
    yeah it would be good for seto to win bathurst.

Yeah I think they would of won Bathurst this year except for the oil surge problems,Its sad their leaving FPV as they are my 2 fav drivers,they dont seem as arrogant as some,although they say arrogance is what makes you a winner,not so sure,hopefully nice guys do come first

Well i think Ambrose is easily following that formula and now his aim is the hat trick, he said at the start of this year that he was willing to sacrifice the championship for Bathurst, and even when that didnt work out he still went all out at Surfers, Launceston and the Creek.
    I am the Stig

Me and my old man did a little math and if they had the normal ammount of pit stops pads 2x wheels 2 full fuel and 1 splash they should of been near 2 mins in front....

And i dont think seto and Junior Johnson would be a goot matching...the size diffrence....but it worked quite well for him a radasich...who knows...

Alot of their oil top ups were during safety cars though so i guess that plays alot into it, and a couple of others were during normal stops, i personally think its a bit close to give them a real figure, but for sure it wouldve put them ahead of Murphy.

Well last year we saw alot of big and small drivers teamed up, even Ambrose and Ingall needed one of them to have an extra bit of foam put between them and the seat in the driver changes, i think the most significant though wouldve been the thing that looked like a booster seat that someone had
    I am the Stig

Thread Information