Thread: Leading/trailing brake calipers

Leading/trailing brake calipers

So, I know most calipers are either leading or trailing due to the piston layout, pads, etc. However, is there any advantage to running say trailing (f) and leading (r) vs both leading? Or the opposite. From what I've seen, trailing(f)/leading(r) is the most common, but I've seen it configured everyway. Anyone know if there is any rhyme or reason to the layout?

In case anyone is curious, here's what I currently have: http://www.severracing.com/images/build/Brakes/

I'm looking at possibly picking something a little crazier up for the front calipers (not that 6-piston billet calipers aren't a "little crazy"), but the pair I'm looking at are leading while these are trailing. That would leave me with a leading(f)/trailing(r) setup, hence the question.

no difference, the brakes just convert rotational energy into heat to slow down the car through friction, it's a circle so their is really no optimal position to put it

im assuming you're talking about the position of the calipres in relation to the car

Thread Information