Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: corvette Z06 v.s. viper srt-10

Ok some1 bring me up to speed, i cbf going back 3 pages to catch up, a honda beat a viper?? has to be writers opinion, lemme guess this guy rocked up to the testing track driving a honda and wearing a honda cap?
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz_
    Ok some1 bring me up to speed, i cbf going back 3 pages to catch up, a honda beat a viper?? has to be writers opinion, lemme guess this guy rocked up to the testing track driving a honda and wearing a honda cap?
    A twisty damp track and it could be.
    A selection of corners that were jsut all the wrong placese for the optimal change on the viper adn the best for the Honda.
    Oh and the Honda Type-R are bloody fast getting round tracsk as they dont' need to scrub much speed off in the corners. There's been a few posts where I've pics of the Type-R at knockhill. Surprised a LOT of people in expensive gear

Also as pointed out it was a "subjective" rating of many things to get the ranking. So what "weight" they gave to each item coudl liekly have swung it either way !!
    Liek the road test with the C6 and the 911 where the vette one by one point and then you see there are abotu 10 "subjective" weightings given to the "objective" figures.
    It always pays to keep eyes open and find what's written between the lines
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

^^ indeed, i bet alot of americans are scared of da little guyz zooming around in s2000's, lol ill still beat them in my ford laser GL
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz_
    That was a writer’s opinion as the Best ALL AROUND SPORTS CAR. Remember that this was a test for the BEST ALL AROUND SPORTS CAR. Which even I can admit the Viper is not the best all around sports car.

Here are the Lap Times:
    Corvette 66.32
    Viper 66.60
    Porsche Carrera S 66.71
    Boxter 67.27
    Lotus Elise 68.65
    Mercedes SLK350 68.91
    Honda S2000 69.88
    BMW Z4 70.71
    350Z 70.86

Notice the Viper Beats the S2000 by over 3 seconds an eternity when talking about Lap times.
    97 Viper GTS
    93 Dodge Viper (Sold)
    My Videos http://www.youtube.com/early93viper

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    OK, SLicks, I dont' mind when you act stupid with me, I'll take you on.

But read what was posted.
    The guys said MAGAZINE.

FFS

That you're such a cheapskate you want to wait till it's on the net is YOUR issue.
    Leave him alone !!!
    Better still go buy the magazine !!!!
    I was at the store last night actually, checked the magazine section for anything new, the only new ones they had were C&D and MT. Im subscribed to both of those and R&T, none have come in the mail yet, so chill out, Im not cheap skate.
    I would read the magazine if I could, but I obveously cant at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    There is no article smart guy, its not out yet(on the net). Unless you want to provide a link to it?
    BTW the S2000 beat it on SUBJECTIVE (that means the writers opinon, not track times) rating.
    Well read road and track "smart guy" and its in there!! I have one myself!

Liek the road test with the C6 and the 911 where the vette one by one point and then you see there are abotu 10 "subjective" weightings given to the "objective" figures.
    It always pays to keep eyes open and find what's written between the lines
    It does pay to keep your eyes open, the C6 beats both the 911 Carrera and Carrera S around the track. Not just in subjective ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamospeed23
    Well read road and track "smart guy" and its in there!! I have one myself!
    Read my post above the one you just posted...

ya i kno but i had to say sumthin too cuz he was annoying me!

Quote Originally Posted by aNOBLEman
    He wasn't decelerating he was making a 2-3 shift as he was accelerating out of the esses.
    so he was still in the turn, just at the end. it still wont work, dumping alot of power into the wheels while trying to change your momentum. please post your full train of thought, this has happened (to me, too) before, and it leads to confusion.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    It does pay to keep your eyes open, the C6 beats both the 911 Carrera and Carrera S around the track. Not just in subjective ratings.
    I did, but you make that out as if it somehow negates the point being made.
    VIZ that any time subjective weightings get applied you can expect to see bias and "unusal" results as in the S2000 getting so high !!
    Stop defending irrelvant points. Slicsk, you really are getting off the point with your "defend America with my life " approach
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ
    so he was still in the turn, just at the end. it still wont work, dumping alot of power into the wheels while trying to change your momentum. please post your full train of thought, this has happened (to me, too) before, and it leads to confusion.
    How about you make yourself clearer and I'll try to make my point clear as well. First of all I don't know what Millen means by "in the corner". I took it as he had to shift early in the turn (which is probably where he lost time) and then use the Viper's torque to get out of the turn. But he could've shifted late corner which would also make him lose some time. But in any case he was accelerating or holding a constant speed as he shifted up a gear.

Also every car went through full throttle except the Corvette and the Viper so they both lost time, but the Corvette had gained too much time on other parts of the track for the Viper to catch up. I hope that is good and clear.

the "what part of the corner" part is what is confusing me too. i pm'ed matra and he said that if you shift up, and the revs drop into the "sweet spot" (lol, tennis terminology), its not good for your turn, and will hurt even more as you try to get back in line.
    the viper was actually 1.2 points ahead of the vette in performance, even including fuel economy.
    this doesnt really look at all like how the viper did against the lotus in handling tho, in the lotus viper test they did.

what REALLY is annoying, is that anyone can say the honda really is better then the viper. the viper had a 15 point lead on the thing until the price test came up, and after that test was 10 points down!
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

I think he did that at the end of the turn, but then didn't get right back on the throttle so as to let the car settle and then he got on the throttle. But as you and I know this caused the Viper to lose time.

I did, but you make that out as if it somehow negates the point being made.
    VIZ that any time subjective weightings get applied you can expect to see bias and "unusal" results as in the S2000 getting so high !!
    Stop defending irrelvant points. Slicsk, you really are getting off the point with your "defend America with my life " approach
    Im more getting off to "correct biased europeans opinions". Looking for any scans of the article I found the S2000s write up on a S2000 board. The S2000 got a good score because the fact that it was cheap, and fun to drive. And the journalists wrote that they were surprised at the lap times it was putting down. OMG Im defending a japanese car, that must mean im defending Japan!!! OMG lets freak out!!!! Friggen grow up, im defending the truth.

Thread Information