Quote Originally Posted by 250 GTO
    I don't think that your dad should get a jag the inside is cramped
    It ceratinly isn't in the LWB version.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by amg boy
    he's into a car that doesn't exceed the 100,000
    Ok under 100k (€/$?):

-Porsche 911 Carrera Coupé (about 86.000,00 € in Spain). It is one of the most famous sportscar in the world, and this new version has been a little tweaked from the 996. The 3.6-litre N/A offers 325bhp which are enough to get a 0-60 time of 5 seconds, and a top speed of 177mph. It is very reliable, and will rarely let you down. The inside is cramped (forget about the rear site if you are a real person) and the boot is tiny. A safe bet.

-Alfa Romeo Brera 3.2 V6 Q4 (no prices yet, but expect about 40-45k €, at least here in Spain). One of the most beautiful cars on sale (IMO). This is the first Alfa (togheter with the 159) to ditch the classic Alfa Romeo V6 for a much more modern GM derived engine, though all the internals are by Alfa Romeo, so I wouldn't worry to much. The direct injectio normally aspirated 3.2-litre V6 delivers 260bhp, and while there are no official performance figures yet, exepct a 0-60 time of about 6 seconds and a top speed of 162mph (if they don't limit it to 155mph that is...). I would wait for the first tests, but I seems as this could be a big hit.

-Renault Clio V6 Sport (about 43.000,00 € in Spain). This is not your ordinary sensible Clio. Buy it and what you get is a mid engined sportscar that just happens to have the external shape of the Clio. It is a certainly a brave choice, but the car itself is full character, though not ver practical (not practical at all in fact...). The 3-litre normall aspirated V6 has 255bhp, which power the car to a top speed of about 155mph and gets to 60 in 5,8 seconds. It is also an amazing looking thing.
    Visca Catalunya!

Ok. Nice. I have to tell you he's only into German or Italian cars.

Ok. Nice. I have to tell you he's only into German or Italian cars.
    Then the Brera or the 911. But to judge first the Brera should be tested by independen motoring journalists, though it shows a lot of promise.
    Visca Catalunya!

people throw some german that isn't porsche(though a good choice but that's what were only speaking of)

people throw some german that isn't porsche(though a good choice but that's what were only speaking of)
    I'll give you the reasons why I haven't put any other German cars aside of Porsche.

BMW. They used to be magnificent drivers car, and the were quite beautiful but... since Bangle has stepped in their cars have been getting progressively worse. To make matter worse they have ultimate overengineered their cars, with active anti roll bars and steering, and unnecesarily complicated sequential gearboxes. The only car I would buy from BMW now is the "old" M3 but as it is about to end production I didn't recommend it to you.

Mercedes-Benz. This is even worse... Quality on modern Mercs has suffered a lot, bits fall apart, and gadgets don't work as they should. Plus they are very very heavy and their "sporty" AMG versions can only be had with automatic gearboxes. They used to be cool cars (mainly old Mercs like the SL Pagoda or the Gullwing) but with their new cars... they have gone down the order.

Ultimately I didn't recommend you german cars (other than Porsche), because they tend to lack passion and character. And for me, when choosing a car, this is very important.

PS. I don't think you are interested in Opel or Volkswagen, altough a Opel Speedster Turbo would be a nice and very fast (if impractical) sporstcar.
    Last edited by Ferrer; 06-07-2005 at 03:16 PM.
    Visca Catalunya!

I never understand it when people get a new car, and they want either a sports car or an SUV. Doesn't make the least bit of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    I never understand it when people get a new car, and they want either a sports car or an SUV. Doesn't make the least bit of sense.
    I'd tell them to get an Audi S6 Avant. Best of both worlds.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

That's true. That's one of the things that suck in an AMG. Then again, we've had a 5 series for like almost 11 years. Great car but every other day it lands at a repair shop or something. Porsche... it's on his list of probable cars

How bout and M6
    I think Koenigsegg is Swedish for: "Oh no, my head's just exploded!"

Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    as long as it is expensive and posh??
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

get an m6, its not a sports car, not a luxury coupe, but it is...both.

Thread Information