Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gas vs. Diesel vs. Hybrid Power.

What about LPG (propane)

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    In the Nether lands on every new car that is bought ,you have to pay a substantial amount of taxes.on a 20000€ family car, the taxes could easily rise to 5000€ or more.If you buy a car like the prius or the Honda hybrid, the government decided that you dont have to pay these taxes.thereofr the price of these cars comes out about equal or sometimes even lower as their "normal" versions.now that is what other countries should do too, to attract much more buyers.the Prius is getting a quite common car out here now.
    It's my understanding that the Netherlands also imposes heavy road-taxes on vehicles which are converted to use Liquid Petroleum Gas fuel (LPG). This seems odd to me, particularly considering Holland's fairly progressive ecological stance & Dutch-Shell's vast LPG assets ..

Within Australia LPG offers a similar price reduction over petrol to what the Netherlands does, yet some States here offer an additional road-tax rebate to further encourage LPG use. I've converted one of our S Class Mercedes to LPG, and never regretted it

I've recently heard about a new Dutch sequential-LPG injector invention which promises almost identical efficiency to petrol, along with the clean burning environmental benefits that LPG provides. Recently an Aussie inventor has also created a novel and very clever LPG injector which allows easy conversion. It 'fools' the Vehicle's ECU into thinking it's a petrol injector, thus no ECU mods (or extra 'piggyback' LPG ECU) is needed

Check out his improved horsepower claims for a LS1 powered Holden over PULP (95 RON unleaded) also the impressive emissions reduction on a Falcon when tested by the RTA (State Govt) emissions lab

http://www.gas-injection.com/news-lp...ies.html#link2
    Last edited by nota; 06-20-2005 at 02:21 PM.

i'm going with the 40.2hp diesel powered smart car
    beat all of ur Prius'es and Hybrid Civics...

I like Hybrid cars or any car that uses hydrogen or electricity to power it. The Hybrids today are still in they're "Baby" stages so to speak but with todays technology advancing everyday cars like THIS might make these type of cars practical and affordable.

The Italian Made Venturi Fetish had a 180.4HP Gas powered inline 4 (non- turbo'd) engine but an updated engine is an electric powered motor making the equivalent of about 300bhp to the rear wheels. Its debut was at the 2002 Geneva Auto show and at the 2004 Paris Autoshow the automakers said the production car wont have the gas engine it will have the 180kw electric motor. It does 0-60 in 5.2 seconds and has a top speed of 170mph

Its a marvel of technology IMHO but since hybrids aren't the most popular thing and not many of them are around they cost a bit more than your average gas car. The venturi Fetish costs somewhere between $350,000 to 400,000. ...Must be the fact that the entire thing is carbon fiber.

Your prius might beat its price but it cant out perform it, same goes for a few gas cars. I watched a video as the electric carbon fiber beast gave a lambo gallardo a run for its $$ -Go figure-

Anyways toyota and honda are comming along way with their hybrid technology, but sadly just 2 auto makers isnt enuff when it comes to mass producing and developing new technologies for hybrids.
    A Shift_Has Been Made Nissan Skyline 350GT (a.k.a Infiniti G35)

Zoom Zoom with the Rotary Powered MazdaSpeed Aero-Kitted Mazda RX-8

Venturi Fetish- Fastest Electric Car To Date est. 300.3hp To All Wheels Sold To You For ONLY $600k

...Skyline is overrated Supra Pwn's ALL

The Fetish only does a little over 100mph, it only has one gear afterall.

Diesel seems to have been working for the Europeans for well over 30 years.

It's been perfected to the point where it's become a performance car addenda that isn't laughed at.

people just need to get over this fear of "it's Agricultural".

Then again, many diesels have a power sweetspot.......
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

diesel C30AMG anyone?

or the concept tri-turbo diesel SLK...

diesel can be sporty too...

Peugeot will be entering the 24 hours of LeMans next year with a diesel. And being French you can bet that ACO will invent a way that this car can win the performance index
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Peugeot will be entering the 24 hours of LeMans next year with a diesel. And being French you can bet that ACO will invent a way that this car can win the performance index
    not the outright win ?

Who supplies all the fuel adn specs for ACO governed races ?

Any chance they ONLY provide diesel
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    not the outright win ?

Who supplies all the fuel adn specs for ACO governed races ?

Any chance they ONLY provide diesel
    and that even may be Bio diesel as is now used in a French series with Peugeot RCs
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by h00t_h00t
    The Fetish only does a little over 100mph, it only has one gear afterall.
    ITs got one gear but its top speed is 170mph
    A Shift_Has Been Made Nissan Skyline 350GT (a.k.a Infiniti G35)

Zoom Zoom with the Rotary Powered MazdaSpeed Aero-Kitted Mazda RX-8

Venturi Fetish- Fastest Electric Car To Date est. 300.3hp To All Wheels Sold To You For ONLY $600k

...Skyline is overrated Supra Pwn's ALL

No, it does 104 if I remember correctly, all the articles it features in mention it because its weird to have a car do 0-60 in 4 seconds and only mangage 100mph.

It's prob 104mph and 170km/h
    just guessing though

Hydrogen??

Id say gas, the price is rediculas but i can take it...
    As for the planet... well be using hydrogen in a few decades anyway.

EDIT: If i had a nice euro car like a TDI and good quality diesel... then diesel. But im american, those are teh cards i was delt lol.
    UPC's most heavy Bawls drinker. :D

Thread Information