Thread: Grand Cherokee SRT8 vs. the rest of the midsize SUV market...

Grand Cherokee SRT8 vs. the rest of the midsize SUV market...

How do you all think the SRT8 will fair against other performance enhanced SUVs such as the Porche Cayene Turbo and VW Toureg

I have been drooling over the auto show pics out on the net--especially the black version and was wondering if it will be as dominating as DC thinks it will be.

the srt8 can never compare to the cayenne or toureg so dont try
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindesh17
    amen, to me hemi's are a load of bull. they made theyre claim in the the muscle car era. now theyre just another heavy engine with some scraps from the global parts bin in there to make them more efficiant
    Don't bother me, I'm probably working while posting...

UCP's biggest...oh man...i got nothin'

The modern Hemi is not really a hemi at all - it has a polyspherical combustion chamber similar to that in many other modern engines.

The classic 426 Hemis of the 60s and 70s used true hemispherical heads and can easily comepte with the twin-turbo Cayenne while still being naturally aspirated. If you slap two turbos on those hemis, you'll be able to crank out 900+ ft-lbs of torque easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindesh17
    In europe a 3.0 litre CDI (mercedes) version is available, and one tester found that this responded even better than the SRT8.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Elswick, England (Home of the world famous Bonds' Ice Cream!)
    The Toureg and Cayenne are better built, more refined cars
    UCP's No.1 Koenigsegg & Aston Martin fan!
    UCP's Biggest Feeder fan!

and SRT cherokee is the dumbest idea in the entire world (as i feel right this second)
    pondering things

Quote Originally Posted by targa
    and SRT cherokee is the dumbest idea in the entire world (as i feel right this second)
    The cheap cherokee is a highly popular SUV in Canada. I see them everywhere, I'm thinking that jeep just wanted to beef it up so that more buyers would actually compare it to the more powerful SUV's on the market. I think it was a pretty good decision on Jeep's part. Maybe the buyers of the Cherokee just wanted more power from their SUV's.

I personally would take a Tourag or a Cayenne over the SRT-8, just based on the great german quality. The only downside is that both of the German cars are more expensive. I think a standard cayenne is about $60, 000 but not sure.
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

Quote Originally Posted by Manik
    The cheap cherokee is a highly popular SUV in Canada. I see them everywhere, I'm thinking that jeep just wanted to beef it up so that more buyers would actually compare it to the more powerful SUV's on the market. I think it was a pretty good decision on Jeep's part. Maybe the buyers of the Cherokee just wanted more power from their SUV's.

I personally would take a Tourag or a Cayenne over the SRT-8, just based on the great german quality. The only downside is that both of the German cars are more expensive. I think a standard cayenne is about $60, 000 but not sure.
    same here, i would take the Tourag(sp~), then the Cayenne, i wouldnt feel bad about getting the VW dirty

: 0
    pondering things

I have heard that the Toureg has been plagued with mechanical/electrical problems. As for the Porche, highly over-rated power, design, and capability.

The unquestionable power, proven AWD system, and understated design make this vehicle very appealing to me. By no means is this vehicle going to be lesser than the latter in amenities due in large part to DC's restructuring. In some ways, the Mercedes line is suffering in order to bring the Jeep line up in quality. I'm sure it is only temporary, for this can be expected.

It's Touareg actually.

If you want to go off-road buy a Range Rover
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I wouldn't bother with any of these. I'd rather a 70 series Landcruiser with some nice decent proper mug plugging tyres, and a lift kit. I'll have a nice (Insert nice comfortable fast coupe/sedan/anything thats not a SUV here) for the road thanks.

Thread Information