Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: i get an x-box 360 before you do

i get an x-box 360 before you do

me and my crew at work drink a lot of mountain dew as as im sure many of you know mountain dew is holding a contest right now where you can win an x-box 360 and they give one away every 10 minutes. well we cashed in a ton of points and guess what? we won! thats right we're getting a free xbox 360 courtesy of mountain dew and the best part is we get it a day or 2 before they are released to the public! its going on ebay tho around christmas time when they are scarce . we're gonna go to a place that has a line of people waiting to get theirs too and we're gonna try to auction it off there but if that doesnt work its time for ebay. it comes with a free game too. not sure if its the hard drive version or not yet tho.
    My rides:
    1999 Mustang GT

1974 Ford Country Squire (for sale!)

1991 Jeep Cherokee

1970 Shelby GT500

A friend of mine won one the same way. He is really looking forward to this weekend when he gets it.

ha ha whoa.
    You can call me scott.

Stop trying to make money on it, and keep it. Its gonna be a sweet system!
    Top 10:
    1) Mclaren F1
    2) Dodge Viper
    3) BMW M5
    4) Ferrari F430
    5) Ferrari Enzo
    6) Corvette Z06
    7) Lamborghini Gallardo
    8) 1967 AC Cobra 427
    9) 1971 Hemi Cuda
    10) Mercedes SL55 AMG

Quote Originally Posted by CSL
    hardly
    Care to elabourate?
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Played it at a store today, and graphics wasn't as good as I expected, worse than my PC. Antialiasing on the X360 is crap.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    Played it at a store today, and graphics wasn't as good as I expected, worse than my PC. Antialiasing on the X360 is crap.
    What game did you play? I played Call of Duty 2 for XB 360 and the graphics were unreal! It felt like you were actually in the war. Also, the games that they let you play in stores are just demos, not full version games with all the graphic enhancements.

Dont compare an Xbox 360 to a PC. How about you go buy a $500 computer and compare that to an XB 360? Ya, you cant! The 360 would blow it away! For the moeny the 360 is the best you can get.
    Top 10:
    1) Mclaren F1
    2) Dodge Viper
    3) BMW M5
    4) Ferrari F430
    5) Ferrari Enzo
    6) Corvette Z06
    7) Lamborghini Gallardo
    8) 1967 AC Cobra 427
    9) 1971 Hemi Cuda
    10) Mercedes SL55 AMG

Quote Originally Posted by furious_fiero
    What game did you play? I played Call of Duty 2 for XB 360 and the graphics were unreal! It felt like you were actually in the war. Also, the games that they let you play in stores are just demos, not full version games with all the graphic enhancements.

Dont compare an Xbox 360 to a PC. How about you go buy a $500 computer and compare that to an XB 360? Ya, you cant! The 360 would blow it away! For the moeny the 360 is the best you can get.
    What about the screenshots I seen online? Btw I don't mind the price gap at all. The free games you can get on PC makes up for it. (I guess you know what i mean by "free", hehe) Full versions have the same graphics, why would they convince you to buy a crappy looking game? I felt like I was actually in the war in BattleField 2, PC version of course. In half a year PS3 and PC are gonna be the total pwnage, but in the end PC is just gonna pwn PS3 and X360 altogether. I don't get to listen to free music and watch free movies on consoles, lol.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

What about the screenshots I seen online? Btw I don't mind the price gap at all. The free games you can get on PC makes up for it. (I guess you know what i mean by "free", hehe) Full versions have the same graphics, why would they convince you to buy a crappy looking game? I felt like I was actually in the war in BattleField 2, PC version of course. In half a year PS3 and PC are gonna be the total pwnage, but in the end PC is just gonna pwn PS3 and X360 altogether. I don't get to listen to free music and watch free movies on consoles, lol.
    Man you really need to get updated on technology. By "free" games, you can do that with Xbox as well. You can also hook up your ipod and play have it playing while you are in a game. There is an internet browser for it in the making. PS3 is gonna be twice as expensive as Xbox 360. You go spend $3000 on a computer that will be up to date for about 3 months. I will go buy an Xbox 360 for $400 and be covered for at least 5 years.
    Top 10:
    1) Mclaren F1
    2) Dodge Viper
    3) BMW M5
    4) Ferrari F430
    5) Ferrari Enzo
    6) Corvette Z06
    7) Lamborghini Gallardo
    8) 1967 AC Cobra 427
    9) 1971 Hemi Cuda
    10) Mercedes SL55 AMG

Man you really need to get updated on technology. By "free" games, you can do that with Xbox as well. You can also hook up your ipod and play have it playing while you are in a game. There is an internet browser for it in the making. PS3 is gonna be twice as expensive as Xbox 360. You go spend $3000 on a computer that will be up to date for about 3 months. I will go buy an Xbox 360 for $400 and be covered for at least 5 years.
    Consoles aren't up to date for 5 years, they get pwned by PC in a couple of months after release I am updated on technology, I know about these consoles. And I don't have to burn disc to play those "free" games. Opening my music player in my PC is much faster and easier, and it can hold much much more songs than iPods. Any PCs aren't out-dated unless they can't run new games anymore.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

download your patches, update your drivers and adjust your settings on pc but i'll be happy with just sticking a dvd in the slot.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Consoles aren't up to date for 5 years, they get pwned by PC in a couple of months after release I am updated on technology, I know about these consoles. And I don't have to burn disc to play those "free" games. Opening my music player in my PC is much faster and easier, and it can hold much much more songs than iPods. Any PCs aren't out-dated unless they can't run new games anymore.
    Yes PCs do have better graphics...but thats after a $700 graphics card which you have to update for new games every 6 months. I bought my computer a year ago for $2400, its now worth less then $500. I feel ripped off. Computers update too much, and are too expensive. If you get a Xbox 360, you can at least play 500 + games that are released on it for 5 years without having to pay extra on updating the system. Also, when consoles come out, they usually dont release the best they got for at least a year or two. Compare Halo one graphics to Halo 2 graphics. Halo 2 graphics are 100 times better...and they were improved with no hardware upgrades. You are also able to load as many songs as you can fit on 20gigs with the Xbox 360 built in hard drive and play those while you are in a game. You can also buy a bigger hard drive for the Xbox if you want more memory(not required though to play updated games) Also, you are able to play games right off the hard drive of an Xbox 360 just like you would on a PC. (with some software updates) Buddy, dont even try anymore. I know PCs are good, but for the money a console system is way better.
    Top 10:
    1) Mclaren F1
    2) Dodge Viper
    3) BMW M5
    4) Ferrari F430
    5) Ferrari Enzo
    6) Corvette Z06
    7) Lamborghini Gallardo
    8) 1967 AC Cobra 427
    9) 1971 Hemi Cuda
    10) Mercedes SL55 AMG

when the PS3 graphics card comes out for PC, sony and Nvidia are purposefully detuning it....it will make all ps3 console games much better looking than pc. I have read this from many sources including ign.com

It's a big effort to make the pc guys convert to console...and eventually it will work. And like i said, my friend has 2 Geforce ultra 6800's and his graphics are no where near as good as the tom clancy game i played on the 360 demo....you will see it in time, and you will be corrected...all of you pc fanboys
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Yes PCs do have better graphics...but thats after a $700 graphics card which you have to update for new games every 6 months. I bought my computer a year ago for $2400, its now worth less then $500. I feel ripped off. Computers update too much, and are too expensive. If you get a Xbox 360, you can at least play 500 + games that are released on it for 5 years without having to pay extra on updating the system. Also, when consoles come out, they usually dont release the best they got for at least a year or two. Compare Halo one graphics to Halo 2 graphics. Halo 2 graphics are 100 times better...and they were improved with no hardware upgrades. You are also able to load as many songs as you can fit on 20gigs with the Xbox 360 built in hard drive and play those while you are in a game. You can also buy a bigger hard drive for the Xbox if you want more memory(not required though to play updated games) Also, you are able to play games right off the hard drive of an Xbox 360 just like you would on a PC. (with some software updates) Buddy, dont even try anymore. I know PCs are good, but for the money a console system is way better.
    For $700 I can get 2 graphic cards and run them in SLI, and that's what I'm doing: saving for my 2nd 6800GT. One year ago? Yes, of course!! PCI-E was still kinda new one year ago, so it was much more expensive than now. And plus SLI wasn't introduced back then, so you have to keep swapping graphic cards over time. When I get my 2nd card in January, it would last for much longer. Btw you know there's not that much to improve on games anymore, they're near perfect already. My single 6800GT performs a little better than X360 already, and once I SLI it, it would even be way better than PS3. SLI can boost graphics performance up to 1.9x, and plus it's better when you have 2 GPUs instead of 1. For the money, consoles are better, for the quality, PC's better, and I prefer quality over quantity.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by werty
    when the PS3 graphics card comes out for PC, sony and Nvidia are purposefully detuning it....it will make all ps3 console games much better looking than pc. I have read this from many sources including ign.com

It's a big effort to make the pc guys convert to console...and eventually it will work. And like i said, my friend has 2 Geforce ultra 6800's and his graphics are no where near as good as the tom clancy game i played on the 360 demo....you will see it in time, and you will be corrected...all of you pc fanboys
    Well your friend needs to use Shader 3.0 and manually set antialiasing to 8x in control panels to get the best outta the game. I can do that with one card. Of course you'll think the X360's Splinter Cell is better because that specific one isn't out for PC yet, and 2x 6800 Ultra can go way beyond the limits than that game. Btw, brand matters too, you have to choose the right brand for graphic cards to get better quality than others. As far as I know BFG is totally crap, they OC'ed all their cards to meet the performance of stock, non OC'ed cards of other brands.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Thread Information