Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories

Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories

I just got the game today. It wasn't until I got a game that I realized how great the PSP really was.
    GTA: LCS isn't a proper sequal to the GTA saga, but it doesn't need to be. Everything it has to be, it is.
    You play the part of Toni Cipriani, a character who isn't like any other. Instead of the usual kinda GTA character, Claude from GTA3 who...never talks...and Tommy Vercetti and CJ who are natural born leaders, Toni is different.
    At the start of the game, someone tries to treat him like a pushover (a 'bitch'), so we stop working for him and crush his drug filled car. Our mother tells us we need more guts, and she wishes we had the guts of a guy named Casa, so we say she asked for it and turn his guts into sausage for her.
    Then she calls a hit on us. And she doesnt even know about the guts.
    It showed Toni hacking Casa to bits with an axe.
    Improvements are thin, as I said the game isn't a full evolution. There is an axe in the game, thats an improvement. The Perennial finally looks different and there are a few new vehicles I think. There are bikes (no bicycles) and helicopters, maybe a plane im not sure...
    You cant hold on to and climb walls, and im yet to explore the shooting properly. Also I dont know if you can swim...
    The city is just Liberty City as seen in GTA3, it doesnt look or feel much different except the handling has been updated from GTA3's terribleness.

It isnt a fully fledged sequel, but its good and its all it has to be and more.

EDIT: I forgot, there is a complete Multiplayer feature, with a variety of different modes
    All I need is someone near me with a PSP and GTA LCS.
    And the game has a ****ing awesome theme song.
    Last edited by TVR IS KING; 12-26-2005 at 12:36 AM.
    All about the t-tops

kool,,but san andreas is still the best gta...

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Quote Originally Posted by scientific
    kool,,but san andreas is still the best gta...
    That's so obvious...........
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Yeah but I got San Andreas last christmas...I passed it 5 months ago.
    I only have it at my dads (like I now have most wanted) and I can only play it every fortnight...still, I play it every day Im there.
    But now I have most wanted.
    Anyway, my point is I know everything bout San Andreas. I love it, I have explored everywhere and tried to drive a car everywhere. I've done it all, and I finally have a new game.
    It isnt San Andreas, but it is very good.
    All about the t-tops

I have to say one thing to TVR King... ive had san andreas since the 3rd day after its release thats a very long time right? ... nehow i was playing 2 days ago and i stumbled across a part of san fiero ive never EVER seen before and then i found one of those hidden cars in the desert it was a quad.. but ive never ever seen that spot either... like an idiot i jump on the quad n drive off without looking at the spot properly on the map but yeah.. i still found new little things on san andreas and still havent finished it 100% but maybe thats just me

That is a long time
    Yeah I still find things every now and then. I love 4WDing and exploring rooftops...getting on them without a heli or anything, jsut on foot. I love being anle to climb walls.
    What was this play in Fierro like?
    Ive found quad in the desert...I think...lol I have in the country side I know that.
    All about the t-tops

after gta3 it went kinda sucky, i could just about cope with VC but san an was shit to be honest not played this one yet, just hope its a lot better game than san an
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang
    after gta3 it went kinda sucky, i could just about cope with VC but san an was shit to be honest not played this one yet, just hope its a lot better game than san an
    Lol I totally disagree. I can't stand GTA3. I almost passed it, but I dont like it much. In GTA3 you cant pop tires, shoot through windscreens...it was lacking so much...and the handling was terrible. Sooooo easy to roll your car.
    I loved VC and SA. Passed them both.
    All about the t-tops

Quote Originally Posted by TVR IS KING
    Lol I totally disagree. I can't stand GTA3. I almost passed it, but I dont like it much. In GTA3 you cant pop tires, shoot through windscreens...it was lacking so much...and the handling was terrible. Sooooo easy to roll your car.
    I loved VC and SA. Passed them both.
    I remember on GTA3 the FF cars were extremely easy to roll (example: the taxi) I also hated the fact you couldn't swim

Quote Originally Posted by KeRmIt
    I have to say one thing to TVR King... ive had san andreas since the 3rd day after its release thats a very long time right? ... nehow i was playing 2 days ago and i stumbled across a part of san fiero ive never EVER seen before and then i found one of those hidden cars in the desert it was a quad.. but ive never ever seen that spot either... like an idiot i jump on the quad n drive off without looking at the spot properly on the map but yeah.. i still found new little things on san andreas and still havent finished it 100% but maybe thats just me
    There's a quad around Angel Pine

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan
    I remember on GTA3 the FF cars were extremely easy to roll (example: the taxi) I also hated the fact you couldn't swim

you gotta be skillfull taxi kicked ass
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang

Are you on drugs?

So far Vice City is my favorite, as it's the first GTA I got into. San Andreas is a good game, a few flaws that piss me off but nothing too terrible. Unfortunately my copy is scratched so I can't play it

Anyone who says GTA3 is much better than either of the last two is kidding themselves. No map, no bikes, poor controls.. and a rather bland and murky city. Not to say it was and is a terrible game, it has it's moments but it's not the greatest of the series. I've heard this new game is an improvement... just... but I don't know if I would want to play a GTA game with already sub-standard controls with the PSP's fiddly little analog nub.

I also hated the fact you couldn't swim
    In Liberty City Stories you can't swim.

There's a quad around Angel Pine
    Yes, yes there is. Also on Chiliad

Quote Originally Posted by Radoman
    Are you on drugs?

So far Vice City is my favorite, as it's the first GTA I got into. San Andreas is a good game, a few flaws that piss me off but nothing too terrible. Unfortunately my copy is scratched so I can't play it

Anyone who says GTA3 is much better than either of the last two is kidding themselves. No map, no bikes, poor controls.. and a rather bland and murky city. Not to say it was and is a terrible game, it has it's moments but it's not the greatest of the series. I've heard this new game is an improvement... just... but I don't know if I would want to play a GTA game with already sub-standard controls with the PSP's fiddly little analog nub.
    Vice City was smaller than Liberty.
    PSP version of Liberty has bikes, good controls (although the joystick takes maybe...10 minutes to learn). I didn't like GTA3 much, but I do like LCS.
    Also...you labelled Liberty as bland...but at least it isn't completely flat, and has no landmarks.
    *cough* Vice City *cough*
    The only hill is from the main road on the second island up to near the airport. No 4WD opportunity at all...

LCS has helicopters as well. You can jump from moving vehicles, shoot through windscreens, and blow tires..there are spikestrips, something San Andreas didn't have either.
    What flaws does San Andreas have?
    Last edited by TVR IS KING; 12-27-2005 at 12:04 AM.
    All about the t-tops

You are wrong, u cant get choppers in LCS. They are in missions, but they are not usable. There is quite an interesting way to get them though. Edison Carter's cheat device will let you control everything in the game by using a pop up in game menu, activated by L1 + up...it lets u decide the weather, spawn any car/change the colour with the touch of a button, teleport, even change the clock rate!! it monitors the battery, and most interesting u can spawn helicopters. The VCN chopper, Maverick and HUNTER are available...its quite amazing what this guy has done. Version 5D is out right now.

Also you cant swim. Also, its not a sequel, it happens 3 years before GTA3. The multiplayer is excellent though, especially LCS survivor. Another difference with GTA 3 is that you can reach, and walk on the lighthouse island.

About San andreas flaws, it did have some...like a choppy frame rate. But the most noticable is the missing vehicles. If you have the official game guide it will show alot more police vehicles than are actually in the game, like FBI trucks, riot vans etc. I put this down to the Disk space. DVDs are pushing 9 gig. Thats the problem. GTA needs atleast 20 gig to be perfect. Sony has done something even better with the PS3 and given it blue ray disks. These already have 50 gig, and by 2007, which is when the PS3 GTA wil come out (Currently codenamed GTA4) it will produce maybe 80 gig. Add the PS3s amazing power, 7 cores blah blah blah it will be AMAZING. If u add the numbers, and take into account new compression technologies to emerge, it could have 10 - 20 times the land mass of GTA san andreas, and 10 times the game content.

Rockstar games have also announced that a new GTA for the PSP will debut in 2006, late. It may be based on Vice city, but rumours suggest that rockstar have hired mappers, so quite possibly an all new game.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Quote Originally Posted by ADRENALINE
    You are wrong, u cant get choppers in LCS. They are in missions, but they are not usable.
    Wow really? I saw a screenshot...maybe it was using that VVV
    There is quite an interesting way to get them though. Edison Carter's cheat device will let you control everything in the game by using a pop up in game menu, activated by L1 + up...it lets u decide the weather, spawn any car/change the colour with the touch of a button, teleport, even change the clock rate!! it monitors the battery, and most interesting u can spawn helicopters. The VCN chopper, Maverick and HUNTER are available...its quite amazing what this guy has done. Version 5D is out right now.
    How is there helicopters? Id have thought there wouldnt be a handling engine...

Also you cant swim.
    I mentioned that.

Also, its not a sequel, it happens 3 years before GTA3.
    Vice City was before GTA3 and thats a sequel. Depends how you look at it.

The multiplayer is excellent though, especially LCS survivor.
    Im dying to play that. Could you tell me everything you know about how to use multiplayer? Or someone?

Another difference with GTA 3 is that you can reach, and walk on the lighthouse island.
    The one near Salvatores home? You cant on LCS? Why not?

About San andreas flaws, it did have some...like a choppy frame rate. But the most noticable is the missing vehicles. If you have the official game guide it will show alot more police vehicles than are actually in the game, like FBI trucks, riot vans etc.
    I have the game guide..Havent noticed... There is an FBI truck...
    If you have the computer version, and you browse the files, apparently you can find the skateboard icon, which was removed
    But, also on highways. Cars look ****ed up when theyre driving...forklifts can go faster than banshee's...until you drive them.
    And, try driving next to someone for 10 minutes and still having them turn into your side...and when there are no cars in sight! no reason to turn!

I put this down to the Disk space. DVDs are pushing 9 gig. Thats the problem. GTA needs atleast 20 gig to be perfect. Sony has done something even better with the PS3 and given it blue ray disks. These already have 50 gig, and by 2007, which is when the PS3 GTA wil come out (Currently codenamed GTA4) it will produce maybe 80 gig. Add the PS3s amazing power, 7 cores blah blah blah it will be AMAZING. If u add the numbers, and take into account new compression technologies to emerge, it could have 10 - 20 times the land mass of GTA san andreas, and 10 times the game content.

Rockstar games have also announced that a new GTA for the PSP will debut in 2006, late. It may be based on Vice city, but rumours suggest that rockstar have hired mappers, so quite possibly an all new game.
    True Crime: Streets of LA, had a huge city.
    Thats the problem, you cant learn where to go...its all the same.

But I cant wait for those discs. Amazing.
    All about the t-tops

Thread Information