Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Viper Coupe

hahaha nice sig f1 lol i love it.., old vipers were known for being very poor as far as handling goes, but the new ones are said to be very user friendly and i quote "as friendly as a lab" on the track from road and track. The car has gone through change in its manners even if you dont like it, you must admit it has improved.

Quote Originally Posted by SupraMan22
    For one think about your arguement. Everyone is saying that for 80 grand the interior sucks. Which it does, and for alot less money you could be riding around in a vette. Which is very attractive, and as youve shown, screwing your self over, alot nicer. Also like you said if you put a bad driver in a vette the viper would win. You told your self something there too, the only way a vette can lose to a viper is if the driver is bad. And many people like the looks of a car, you can drive a viper for short time, because the interior is cheap and the seats are very uncomfortable (and to answer a question ive answered, i HAVE rode in a srt10), but on the other hand since you are "trying" to bash on the vette, it is a very nicley styled car that can be driven for long periods of time. And as exhaust sound goes, id take quad exhaust over double any day. Oh did i mention the vette has a 505 hp V8, and the viper has what a v10 cranking out a whopping 510. Sounds like money being thrown away for a viper to me, when you could buy a better car for less.
    WHAT WHOULD HOLD VALUE BETTER??

Quote Originally Posted by ANDREW G
    WHAT WHOULD HOLD VALUE BETTER??
    Which one is faster?

Quote Originally Posted by Viper007
    Yea, but then again what car competitor doesnt care about HP? Everyone wants to have the bragging rights of the fastest car, Dodge is just trying to compete.
    That is very true. It would be nice if GM would keep the train rolling by bringing out an even more extreme Vette. At least we have Lingenfelter.

Quote Originally Posted by rev440
    You could have the same argument about chevy trying to build the vette with 505 hp. Hey anobleman once you can even drive a 400hp car talk to me then ok?
    You could but Chevy only did it once and it was a major jump in power (400 to 505) from the normal Vette whereas the Viper went from 500hp to an astounding 510hp.

Also have you driven a 400hp car, you claim your Mustang has 420 but then on the forums you said it had 355. A bit of a discrepinsy there. I drove my dad's '87 Mustang LX 5.0 before he sold it and it didn't have a ton of power but it had a lot of torque, it was also a 5-speed manual.

Here's a link showing your error. http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...989#post458989 Go up two posts.
    Last edited by aNOBLEman; 01-07-2006 at 06:28 PM.

Which one would hold better value. Let me guess, you buy cars for what kind of value they hold instead of what sounds they make. And actually I'm sure its fairly close, considering alot of people who drive vipers wreck them. Unless they sit in the garage or are shown off at shows. Vettes also, show but they are driven alot more onroad. People with Vettes drive them daily (guy up the street from me has a maroon z06. He drives it to work everyday, unless its snowing, then he drives his caddy) So basically they are driven all the time, unless its special occasion, 10 other cars to drive, money out the wooza, etc. Both are prolly valued the same, depending on where they stand though. So that attempted arguement was STUPID.
    What does a 400hp car have to do with it, ive driven a almost 400hp truck. Does that count. Driven mustangs, which you claim to own a 320hp one, and a 420hp one. Kinda odd, considering they are the same car. (04 mach1 420hp, straight from the pf) Have a Toyota Supra, which has alot of power. Driven my brothers truck, which has beaten a 04 Camaro Z28. Whats up with changing the subject all the time man. This thread is rediculious enough, and then you dream up a new idea to try to argue about. interesting......
    Ucp's #1 Toyota Supra fanatic......still.

2006 Scion tC..
    Forced Induction - Props to Dezod Motorsports & PTuning

The Viper is more likely to be more in value since
    1) It's a $87,000 car compared to the Z06's $65,800
    2) Unlike the Vette, most of the Vipers may be Sunday drivers, and will not get the wear on them a daily driven Vette has, aka, miles, condition, etc.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

420hp or 355 horse at the real wheels. We have a blue Mach1 with a stock engine. I can get the dyno sheet for the 420hp car if you want or get egg-nog tests on both cars. They stoped making camaros in 2002. Ive posted the mod list on the red car endless times i have so many picture of the car request what you want egg nogg burnout snapped rear end pictures i go them all. There both in storage right now but i can still get over to eggnog them if its really that important. The blue car is new and I only have a 2 pictures of it but i can get more on request. Also this is about vipers not cars than can beat vipers so back on topic. Why would i take so many pictures of the SAME car if its not mine?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rev440; 01-07-2006 at 06:39 PM.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

The last Camaro they made. Which would be 03' if they stopped in the year 02'. I dont give a crap what kind of car you have man. Like i said you change the subject all the time. If you still wanna argue about the Viper/Vette then do it. Im not going to argue about cars you have, i have, or some guy freakin half way across the world has. I see where you are coming from with them in storage, as long as they are only in there for the winter. But seriously, i dont care about how much hp your mustang has, i know they are fast cars, i know someone from a local school that has a 305hp mustang gt. I'm so burnt out on this i dont even care anymore. I like the Vette and thats what im going to back, im not changing my mind.

Thanks Rev, i actually respect you a little more now.

2006 Scion tC..

420hp or 355 horse at the real wheels. We have a blue Mach1 with a stock engine. I can get the dyno sheet for the 420hp car if you want or get egg-nog tests on both cars. They stoped making camaros in 2002. Ive posted the mod list on the red car endless times i have so many picture of the car request what you want egg nogg burnout snapped rear end pictures i go them all. There both in storage right now but i can still get over to eggnog them if its really that important. Also this is about vipers not cars than can beat vipers so back on topic.
    So you've finally admitted that the Vette beats the Viper. Thank you, now we can let this thread die.

Ill bet you your supra that the last edition camaro was made in 2002. Yeah sorry guys this is pretty imature of all of us this got blown way out of proportion and i admitt i over reacted and both the cars are bad ass to the max. Yes the vette smokes the stock SRT-10 bad in a straight line and even worse on a track. But with mopar options the car is transofrmed to what you want it would be the same thing if you sent your car to livernois racing to have them build your engine and your car up.
    Last edited by rev440; 01-07-2006 at 06:41 PM.

Ill bet you your supra that the last edition camaro was made in 2002. Yeah sorry guys this is pretty imature of all of us this got blown way out of proportion and i admitt i over reacted and both the cars are bad ass to the max.
    Okay 2002. No more argueing i have school, a life to live, and sex to be had before i die. I'll keep my sup thanks. Nice pics. Glad you have it parked for the winter.

2006 Scion tC..

Put a T-67 on that car and it would rip like crazy. Mods close this thread please.
    Last edited by rev440; 01-07-2006 at 06:47 PM.

Yeah that would be good. This could be closed by a easy hand shake. If you only live in ohio, we should all meet up some day, any good tracks in ohio?

2006 Scion tC..

Mid ohio or are you talking about drag tracks? Also how far do you live away from freemont indiana. My cottage is like 5 minutes away from there and they have a pretty sweet kart track.
    Last edited by rev440; 01-07-2006 at 07:10 PM.

Thread Information