Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bitter CD II 2003-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    Are you serious? You think that just the shape of the car dictates the price? Why don't you look at the engine difference, the luxury difference and the sizes of the cars? Not to mention that the name itself adds some value. I'm not saying that the 300 isn't a fantastic car, but you really can't try to compare it to the Rolls on terms of value.
    Let me explain myself.
    The shape of the car doesn't affect the price too much usually. I kinda posted that for info as much as opinion. I read something once that ended with 'It highlights the silliness of pricetags of cars like the Phantom' (or something along those lines),
    What engine is the Phantom packing? Is the car that much bigger? Is it true Rolls Royces have a lifetime warrenty?
    What I'm asking is, the 300c and Phantom are shaped kind of the same. How much can the Phantom possibly have that the 300c doesnt? Is it really over $800,000 better?
    All about the t-tops

Germany -> West Germany -> NRW -> Düsseldorf
    Quote Originally Posted by M_M
    I completely agree... But we have to remember the shape of the first CD ever, back to the 80s: it seemed a Ferrari Mondial, at least from the front (I think I've never seen a photo of the rear). So, we must not be surprised if the new CD looks as a Ferrari.

EDIT: ok, it wasn't the first CD ever. Here there is a photo of the model I had in my mind, the one on the top right. But even the others Bitter had always had something which resembled a Ferrari

Your pic shows the complete lineup of all Bitter-cars ever produced.

Up left: Bitter CD (based on Opel Diplomat)
    Up right: Bitter SC (based on Opel Senator A)
    Down left: Bitter SC Sedan (only 4 ever built)
    Down right: Bitter SC Convertible (only around 20 ever built)
    WRC - That's motorsport!

"If you can see the tree you are about to hit, it is called 'understeering'. If you can only hear and feel it, it was 'oversteering'."
    Walter Röhrl

Quote Originally Posted by TVR IS KING
    Let me explain myself.
    The shape of the car doesn't affect the price too much usually. I kinda posted that for info as much as opinion. I read something once that ended with 'It highlights the silliness of pricetags of cars like the Phantom' (or something along those lines),
    What engine is the Phantom packing? Is the car that much bigger? Is it true Rolls Royces have a lifetime warrenty?
    What I'm asking is, the 300c and Phantom are shaped kind of the same. How much can the Phantom possibly have that the 300c doesnt? Is it really over $800,000 better?
    Chrysler 300C SRT-8

Horsepower 425
    Torque 420 ft-lb
    Hemi V8

Rolls-Royce Phantom

Horsepower 453
    Torque 531 ft-lb
    V12

The Rolls is hand-built, limited production and uses more advanced materials. Each car takes 80 hours to build. Each car can be specced out to the customer's wants. It is likely that no two Phantoms are the same, unless specifically ordered as so. The interior is a whole other world compared to the Chrysler. When it comes to the wood, there are 5 types to choose from: Bird's Eye Maple, Burr Walnut, Elm Cluster, Figured Mahogany and Oak Burr. There are up to 60 different pieces of wood in each car with the object to be the creation of classic furniture for the car. In between layers of veneer are layers of aluminum in order to further strengthen the wood for safety and rigidity. 450 individual pieces of leather are used in each car. Up to 16 different hides are used in each car, all coming from the same batch in order to assure color matching. The leather is handsewn by machinists using computer-assisted sewing machines. The headliner is made from wool and cashmere, with a full leather headliner as an option. The rear doors open themselves, with a simple push of a lever on the interior of the c-pillar. Purpose-built umbrellas are stored in the outer edge of each of the rear doors.

The purpose-built 6.75 litre V12 offers up Hemi-beating horsepower and torque, with 75% of the torque available at only 1,000rpm. It will push the 5,500lb car to 60mph in 5.7 seconds. The suspension is fully-independent with self-levelling air springs at all four wheels.

You wondered how much bigger the Rolls was in comparison to the Chrysler? The Rolls is 229.7 inches long, compared to the 196.8 inches of the Chrysler - that's nearly 3 feet in difference. The Rolls is 64.3 inches tall, compared to 57.9 for the Chrysler.

Again, I'll say that the Chrysler is a fantastic car and fully worthy of it's price. But, the Rolls is in a whole other league. It's a different car, a different clientele, a different tax braquet. And rightfully so. It's one of the most technologically advanced, superbly built, quickest, most luxurious cars in the world with an unbeaten presence.

And I'm not sure where you got the $800,000 price difference, as there's less than $300,000 between the base prices of each car. Still a lot, I know, but there's a big difference between $300,000 and $800,000.
    Last edited by Matt; 12-25-2005 at 03:00 PM.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

that's a pity that you didn't put a pic of the interior - it looks really great. i like this car really much; if i had that money i would by one
    12 cylinders or walk!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    Chrysler 300C SRT-8

Horsepower 425
    Torque 420 ft-lb
    Hemi V8

Rolls-Royce Phantom

Horsepower 453
    Torque 531 ft-lb
    V12

The Rolls is hand-built, limited production and uses more advanced materials. Each car takes 80 hours to build. Each car can be specced out to the customer's wants. It is likely that no two Phantoms are the same, unless specifically ordered as so. The interior is a whole other world compared to the Chrysler. When it comes to the wood, there are 5 types to choose from: Bird's Eye Maple, Burr Walnut, Elm Cluster, Figured Mahogany and Oak Burr. There are up to 60 different pieces of wood in each car with the object to be the creation of classic furniture for the car. In between layers of veneer are layers of aluminum in order to further strengthen the wood for safety and rigidity. 450 individual pieces of leather are used in each car. Up to 16 different hides are used in each car, all coming from the same batch in order to assure color matching. The leather is handsewn by machinists using computer-assisted sewing machines. The headliner is made from wool and cashmere, with a full leather headliner as an option. The rear doors open themselves, with a simple push of a lever on the interior of the c-pillar. Purpose-built umbrellas are stored in the outer edge of each of the rear doors.

The purpose-built 6.75 litre V12 offers up Hemi-beating horsepower and torque, with 75% of the torque available at only 1,000rpm. It will push the 5,500lb car to 60mph in 5.7 seconds. The suspension is fully-independent with self-levelling air springs at all four wheels.

You wondered how much bigger the Rolls was in comparison to the Chrysler? The Rolls is 229.7 inches long, compared to the 196.8 inches of the Chrysler - that's nearly 3 feet in difference. The Rolls is 64.3 inches tall, compared to 57.9 for the Chrysler.

Again, I'll say that the Chrysler is a fantastic car and fully worthy of it's price. But, the Rolls is in a whole other league. It's a different car, a different clientele, a different tax braquet. And rightfully so. It's one of the most technologically advanced, superbly built, quickest, most luxurious cars in the world with an unbeaten presence.

And I'm not sure where you got the $800,000 price difference, as there's less than $300,000 between the base prices of each car. Still a lot, I know, but there's a big difference between $300,000 and $800,000.
    Thats what I was looking for.
    I agree with you having heard all that, thank you.
    A few queries: Wouldnt the door opening leaver get annoying in tight spaces? Can the doors open manually? Or is it assumed that anyone with a Phantom shouldn't be parking in tight spaces??
    And I would've thought that from a 6.75 litre, purpose-built V12, they could get a bit more power. It may not be needed, but it seems like it would be an easy task to extract more power from it...How much does the car weigh?
    And, dont hold me to this but I think I heard the Phantom is over $900,000 in Australia, while I know the 300C is about $50,000.
    Last edited by TVR IS KING; 12-26-2005 at 12:02 AM.
    All about the t-tops

Quote Originally Posted by TVR IS KING
    Is it really over $800,000 better?
    and the rest... it is $100 million times better than a re-engineered previous generation E-Class in drag...

Quote Originally Posted by shockwaveracing
    and the rest... it is $100 million times better than a re-engineered previous generation E-Class in drag...
    Whose wallet are you speaking from - one you bought on E-Bay for $1?

Well I got the information I sought.
    Also, I managed to change the topic from the Bitter completely... which was my original goal anyway.
    All about the t-tops

Some shots, taken during recent Nürnberg Toy and Model Trade Fair. There were more cars located at the stands, sorry I was stuck to our stand.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The rest
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by jaromull
    Some shots, taken during recent Nürnberg Toy and Model Trade Fair. There were more cars located at the stands, sorry I was stuck to our stand.
    thanks for the attempts of making a pic of the interior
    i was always thinking this is the best part of that car
    12 cylinders or walk!

Germany -> West Germany -> NRW -> Düsseldorf
    Was there also a model car of the Bitter or just the real car?
    WRC - That's motorsport!

"If you can see the tree you are about to hit, it is called 'understeering'. If you can only hear and feel it, it was 'oversteering'."
    Walter Röhrl

That's a neat looking ride.
    muscle cars are for girls,too!

Thread Information