View Poll Results: which car do you think would win in a race?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Saleen S7 Twin Turbo

46 60.53%
  • Ferrari Enzo

30 39.47%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Saleen S7 Twin Turbo vs Ferrari Enzo

Quote Originally Posted by Jakg
    Chuck Norris

Seriously though, in a race you need HANDLING, not specs, so who here has evr drven either of these cars? see!
    Well, I drove the Enzo last week. I'm waiting for Saleen to get back to me when they've actually made the car.
    I'll let you know the difference then.
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

S7 because with the money saved i could get a 575 for when i'm feeling less insane.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    S7 because with the money saved i could get a 575 for when i'm feeling less insane.
    Uhhh.......the poll question is "which car do you think would win in a race" and not "which car is a better buy." Think twice.

Again back to aerodynamics, a bigger wing of course weighs more, but that's why race cars have lighter bodies. The S7 TT's aerodynamic "improvements" simply aren't good enough for the extra 200hp and turbos compared to the base S7. The base S7 does go slower in corners than most of its competitors, so I don't think the S7 TT will get any better handling when its aerodynamics is equal or even worse than the base S7 in proportion to power.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    The Ferrari Enzo, because it is a car that exists...
    Exactly. NOTHING has been proven about the S7 TT yet and I have a sneeky suspicion why ... they've pulled a Bugatti and made false claims which will take them about 6 years to correct. But unlike Bugatti, Saleen doesn't have the money to throw around.

just looking at the stat sheet, u'd think that the saleen would take it automatically. i rly dont know tho, although i am leaning slightly more in the saleen's favor. the only issue i think would be the saleen's MASSIVE amount of torque, making it hard to keep the rear wheels under control. traction control ne one? haha...

Chuck Norris

Seriously though, in a race you need HANDLING, not specs, so who here has evr drven either of these cars? see!
    Well, personally I thought the Saleen I drove the other day handled extremely well. yea i wish.

Quote Originally Posted by driftnWRX
    Wow! Is everyone here really lacking third grade common sense? First of all, the Enzo does not weigh 2766 lbs, it weighs 3009. Okay, so now we have a 3000 lb car with 660 hp, and a 2950 car with 750 hp. A 110 horsepower difference. Hmmm... which will win? That's a tough call. I am gonna have to say my Civic would take both of those.

BTW, C&D tested the Enzo @ 11.1 and the Saleen S7 ran a 10.9. There you go.
    with drag times that close im going to have to say ferrari on the road course. And dont act like its so stupid that people dont automatically say saleen, after all the times you posted say its closer than your post made out.
    You can call me scott.

Depending upon the course they raced on. The Enzo could beat the Saleen on a tight course with very few long straight aways. Think Monaco. I went for a long ride in a Saleen S7 TT and yes it is rediculously over powered making the fact that the driver would have a lot more trouble putting down the correct usuable amount of power. The Enzo is just an easier to drive car. If the course was long and fairly open then the Saleen would win easily. According to Saleen the TT is more aerodynamically efficent than the race car due to racing regulations but the TT still needs a rear wing my opinion to help it put its massive torque and HP's to the ground. Oh yeah and the Saleen I was riding in broke down and it only had 150 or so miles on it.

Chuck Norris

Actually on a race handling is almost meaningless, grip, brakes, downforce and performance are a lot more important.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    Actually on a race handling is almost meaningless, grip, brakes, downforce and performance are a lot more important.
    I'm sure that's not what you MEANT to say

Handling is THE most important or you cant' put the power down, or brake or turn or do all the other things that take place away from drag strips

Yes, you can "make up for " handling with more power allowing more aero producing more downforce genearting more grip making up for bad handling. But not as much as jstu makign a better handling race car does.

And the Saleen was one of the best examples at our local track. WHere it CONSUMED everyone on the long straight and then lost it all and got re-overtaken on all the twisties and the hairpin One race was wet adn he'd have been as well staying in the paddock -- except for the noise
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    I'm sure that's not what you MEANT to say

Handling is THE most important or you cant' put the power down, or brake or turn or do all the other things that take place away from drag strips

Yes, you can "make up for " handling with more power allowing more aero producing more downforce genearting more grip making up for bad handling. But not as much as jstu makign a better handling race car does.

And the Saleen was one of the best examples at our local track. WHere it CONSUMED everyone on the long straight and then lost it all and got re-overtaken on all the twisties and the hairpin One race was wet adn he'd have been as well staying in the paddock -- except for the noise
    Well the thing is I have always considered handling "what it feels like to drive". So unless it's so bad that it makes you crash, it's of no or little importance what the car feels like to drive. Mechanical grip and aerodinamic grip are far more important. Take race cars for instance, they are not designed to be nice to drive (i.e. good handling), they are designed to be very fast at the expense of driver comfort. That's what I meant to say.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

The enzo would win...the s7tt ran a 3.4 and the enzo doesnot run a 3.65thats f50...with the launch control....the enzo would win....the enzo is a true technological masterpiece...it use a 6.0 and has 660hp...and the s7tt uses a 7.0 and a twin turbo and "only" 750...ummm now which really is better

its not THAT hard to hook up 700 hp/700tq. the car def wouldnt be uncontrollable. if you guys werent so ignorant about drag racing you'd know that. btw- i know this isnt about drag racing, im just using that point to say that getting that car to hook wouldnt be as bad as some of you make it seem. people do it all the time.

TT S7 would walk that enzo around the block
    My rides:
    1999 Mustang GT

1974 Ford Country Squire (for sale!)

1991 Jeep Cherokee

1970 Shelby GT500

Keep telling urself that

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    Well the thing is I have always considered handling "what it feels like to drive". So unless it's so bad that it makes you crash, it's of no or little importance what the car feels like to drive. Mechanical grip and aerodynamic grip are far more important. Take race cars for instance, they are not designed to be nice to drive (i.e. good handling), they are designed to be very fast at the expense of driver comfort. That's what I meant to say.
    ah right, we've had this cause confusion before ..

I like the term "ride quality" as it better reflects the meaning that it's "comfortable" and what I think you mean when saying "handling".

Then "handling" can mean THAT. ie it's ability to cope with things like corners at speed without wallowing like a battleship and brake and accelerate with wagging.

And sorry but race cars ARE designed to have good handling.
    Fighter jets are designed to be unstable so they can chuck them around.
    Race cars are NOT.

You added "comfort" too, which as you rightly say comes low in race cars as we normally understand it, but I've felt more comfortable sitting in a single seater for 30 mins than I have in many Beemers adn Mercs ( custom foam seat inserts make a BIG difference to "comfort" -- even though you can still feel every bump it's not uncomfortable.

Without good "handling" you cannot achieve good grip - bad handling has wheels and chassis doing bad things

Am I right in the separating of comfort and handling in the use of "ride comfort" ?

If so, we were at slight odds earlier as I was meaning handling not ride quality
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information