Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mazda rx-8 or mini cooper s jcw

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik
    wtf is a mazada rx-8!
    One of your chops based on the Mazda RX8

Mazada??? sounds interesting...they have a car called the RX-8 too??? Mazada...just get the Mazda RX-8!

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik
    rx8

new mini<old mini
    Couldn't have put it better.

It really is fwd or rwd, they both handle pretty well (I -know- the eight does... I've heard the mini does) If you think the eight is down on power you'll really be dissapointed with the mini. I personally own an 06 rx8 and it constantly kicks my ass. Just put some new sway bars in and the handling is insane, sweepers that I could normally only take at about 70 in my subaru without hardcore tire protest are easy to take at over 100 in the eight without any REAL tire noise at all. I do get the "slow" comment from my friends but a run up to 9500rpm through a few gears (while in some hairy turns) shuts them up. Just don't get an automatic rx8... the auto rx8 is the reason people think ALL rx8's are slow. Smaller wheels, smaller brakes, lower redline, lower power output, crap suspension, one oil cooler... the list goes on, and to top it off its the same price as the manual!

Drive em both... you're pretty damn wierd if you don't pick the rx8 though.

edit: oh and when I said subaru I meant the LGT I traded for the eight.... dont pay attention to my username

As an owner of a MINI S, and having this weekend test drove an RX-8, I can say that if you think the rx8 is slow, then dont even bother with the mini. The JCW is a lot faster than mine, but only just matches the stock RX-8. They both handle really well, so its really a toss up there. the area where the rx-8 is up, is on usability. The mini has no storage space, and carrying people in the back is a pain, whereas the 8 has not only a decent sized trunk, but suicide doors to get to the back seat, so it is a lot more liveable. i am actually, dare i say it, thinking about trading the mini in on an RX-8.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey
    As an owner of a MINI S, and having this weekend test drove an RX-8, I can say that if you think the rx8 is slow, then dont even bother with the mini. The JCW is a lot faster than mine, but only just matches the stock RX-8. They both handle really well, so its really a toss up there. the area where the rx-8 is up, is on usability. The mini has no storage space, and carrying people in the back is a pain, whereas the 8 has not only a decent sized trunk, but suicide doors to get to the back seat, so it is a lot more liveable. i am actually, dare i say it, thinking about trading the mini in on an RX-8.
    Two weeks ago we managed to make a journey of 1600km in 5 days with three people and BRG Cooper S...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Mini is a nice car...but the Mazda is awesome.

Love the design, great engine...Mazda quality has always been good for me.
    O P T I C A L N O T E P R O D U C T I O N S
    www.opticalnote.com - Car Photography

the RX-8 since it just passed 30000km in two years.

--tell you a secret.. one of my friends (RX-8) had a race with a BMW Z8 for 200km ... it was funny to see the BMW in the tail of the Mazda untill 300km

Quote Originally Posted by dv8NoirFSq
    the RX-8 since it just passed 30000km in two years.

--tell you a secret.. one of my friends (RX-8) had a race with a BMW Z8 for 200km ... it was funny to see the BMW in the tail of the Mazda untill 300km
    Impossible unless the BMW didn't want to overtake. And if you are talking about street racing you better stop the subject since it's not welcome in this forums.
    Another thing: if the race took 200kms how did the BMW stood behind untill 300kms? Or we're you trying to convince us you were talking about 300km/h? With an RX-8?
    Don't try to make fools of us, ok?
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Take the Mini , The Rx8 may be good but the mini is just great .
    It is more Agile than the Rx , looks better & will give you a true driving expirence .
    equipped with jcw , U should just hear the voice of it's turbo, astonshing .
    can Desire be engineered ?

Thread Information