View Poll Results: Which car would you rather have?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Porsche Cayman S

34 72.34%
  • Audi TT 3.2 Quattro

13 27.66%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Porsche Cayman S vs Audi TT

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyperl
    the cayman is based on the boxster which has just been redesigned.
    the TT is based on the old TT and has also just been redsigned. What you said above is completely wrong for the new model.
    Yes thats right, the new TT is a totally new car and not based on any golf. It might not be the best sportscar but it looks a LOT better then the cayman whitch just looks like another 911 with a different back.
    Last edited by quattro_20v; 08-15-2006 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by quattro_20v
    Yes thats right, the new TT is a totally new car and not based on any golf. It might not be the best sportscar but it looks a LOT better then the cayman witch just looks like another 911 with a different back.
    Imo the cayman is way better looking.

The Cayman, because it looks like a mini-911 and its performance is just under that of its older brother The TT is more of a style-centered car than a performance oriented car to me.
    - IS250fied -

Quote Originally Posted by fa22_raptor
    The Cayman, because it looks like a mini-911 and its performance is just under that of its older brother The TT is more of a style-centered car than a performance oriented car to me.
    The cayman S is actually about as fast as a base 911

I didn't know there was a new TT out already... I was talking about this one:

Which is a Golf in fancy panties.

And according to Porsche, the Cayman is not a Boxster coupé... they are completely different cars...

Ya right.

And 6'bore- in 1996/7, the 996 was an entire redesign. New water-cooled engine, different suspension, different shape overall. It was deemed more of a grand tourer than previous 911's. The new 997 is just an update, and who cares anyway? We're talking about the Cayman vs. the TT, not the 911.

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    I didn't know there was a new TT out already... I was talking about this one:
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...ad.php?t=24635

Bugger. That jumped under the radar...

the cayman is based on the boxster which has just been redesigned.
    the TT is based on the old TT and has also just been redsigned. What you said above is completely wrong for the new model.

you cant compare them just on that. The Caymen is a little faster on a track but the TT is much more useful, cheaper and easier to drive. So what if it has the same drivetrain as the R32/A3? So far, it seems to be a good car. Still, I'd rather have a new R32 over either of these cars.
    The Cayman would be more than just a little bit faster on track. It also has a lot of trunk space (14 cu. ft.) so it is actually quite useful for the two people it can carry. Also the Cayman has been praised for being easy to drive both at normal speeds and quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by aNOBLEman
    The Cayman would be more than just a little bit faster on track. It also has a lot of trunk space (14 cu. ft.) so it is actually quite useful for the two people it can carry. Also the Cayman has been praised for being easy to drive both at normal speeds and quickly.
    have you seen the cayman trunk? it is not useful at all. It is basically a very high platform above the engine. If you put any bags there you cant see out. Though i should say that i havent seen the front trunk which may be better.

If i lived in california id take the cayman, but i live in Oregon. I bike and ski. The TT is cool becaue you can have a "sports car" that can handle all conditions. IMO the TT is closer to a mini-911 Turbo or C4 than the caymen is to the 911.

If i lived in california id take the cayman, but i live in Oregon. I bike and ski. The TT is cool becaue you can have a "sports car" that can handle all conditions. IMO the TT is closer to a mini-911 Turbo or C4 than the caymen is to the 911.
    But the TT is way slower then either, and for the last time, the Cayman is as fast, if not faster then the base 911.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    But the TT is way slower then either, and for the last time, the Cayman is as fast, if not faster then the base 911.
    This is a poll not a race, I dont care if the cayman is faster.

have you seen the cayman trunk? it is not useful at all. It is basically a very high platform above the engine. If you put any bags there you cant see out. Though i should say that i havent seen the front trunk which may be better.

Yes, I have seen the trunk and it is quite useful as most hatchback's trunks are. If you can't see out the back use your side mirrors, it's not that hard. You could probably fit skis in there and I don't think you could fit a bike in either car.

This is a poll not a race, I dont care if the cayman is faster.
    Still people keep saying its slower so i was getting a little annoyed , How do you think the Audi TT is like a 911 tubo? AWD? Although ill admit the TT is more practical...the Cayman is just so cool! Imo cooler then the 911...

The new TT really doesnt appeal to me design wise. Driving wise it doesnt stand a chance against a RWD porsche .

Well, the 3.2 quattro version does 0-60 in 5,9 seconds now and was 6.5. They made it quite a lot lighter, the 2.0 turbo fwd is just as quick as the previous 3.2 V6 version.

Thread Information