Thread: A trio of talent for Ferrari in 2007... could it be?

A trio of talent for Ferrari in 2007... could it be?

Ferrari could retain Michael Schumacher and Felipe Massa for 2007 as well as sign Kimi Raikkonen, according to reports in the British media.

Ferrari have yet to announce their 2007 driver line-up with both Schumacher and Massa off the payroll at the end of this season.

However, while Massa is believed to be keen to remain at the Scuderia next season, Schumacher has yet to decide on his future with some suggesting he will quit at the end of this campaign and others, that he wants to continue.

And should he opt to continue that could leave Ferrari in a bit of a predicament as they are believed to have a pre-contract with Raikkonen already signed and therefore could have three race-drivers on the payroll.

According to the Guardian newspaper 'sources close to Ferrari are hinting that the team will announce that Kimi Raikkonen, Schumacher and Felipe Massa have all been contracted for next season but their precise status will be defined later.'

Räikkönen and Massa are likely to be the drivers, if Schumacher decides to continue Massa will be a test driver with race driver pay.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

i think raikkonen should stay at Mclaren... i hope he does... if he doesn't, i guess we have HAmilton, Paffett and DLR to race with Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer
    i think raikkonen should stay at Mclaren... i hope he does... if he doesn't, i guess we have HAmilton, Paffett and DLR to race with Alonso
    Yeah, I'm sure Kimi would love to , the only problem being- His chances of winning a world championship are running out with McLaren. He's what 27? No longer a young gun? I think its pinching him. He deserves better than an exhaust full of foam. But Dennis is no fool. had it been Frank Williams he would have told Kimi to take a hike, but Dennis knows what he's worth.

Can Ferrari run 3 cars?
    Top 10:
    1) Mclaren F1
    2) Dodge Viper
    3) BMW M5
    4) Ferrari F430
    5) Ferrari Enzo
    6) Corvette Z06
    7) Lamborghini Gallardo
    8) 1967 AC Cobra 427
    9) 1971 Hemi Cuda
    10) Mercedes SL55 AMG

Well now even Ferrari are putting pressure on Schuey to sign, so i suppose if they want to stick to their Monza deadline they can announce Kimi at the very least. Having the 3 drivers though sounds similar to how Williams went in '05, where Pizzonia and Heidfeld had been offered identical contracts, but it wasnt known which was the race drive and which was for testing.
    I am the Stig

I think that when Kimi signs at Ferrari, Schumi will leave. He will tell he has had enough and he hopes all the best for Kimi and Massa and hopes they can win world titles bla bla bla...

Personally I hope that Kimi stays at McLaren, McLaren will build a reliable car for once and that we can see three (with perhaps Massa four) dogs fighting for the world title... But as somebody once said: "I have a dream..."
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

I dont see what's going to make the '07 and beyond McLarens more reliable, just out of nowhere. Past years theyve had Wurz and de la Rosa, 2 of the best test drivers currently in F1 and the team's had the budget to achieve whatever theyve needed. The engine should be very reliable now, but that hasnt been the big issue with the package for a while.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    I dont see what's going to make the '07 and beyond McLarens more reliable, just out of nowhere. Past years theyve had Wurz and de la Rosa, 2 of the best test drivers currently in F1 and the team's had the budget to achieve whatever theyve needed. The engine should be very reliable now, but that hasnt been the big issue with the package for a while.
    That's why I call it a dream...
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Thread Information