Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Mazdaspeed we've all been waiting for!!!!!!!!

i wasn't waiting .lol

Thanks for sharing.

ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote Originally Posted by freelykinked
    and yeah it is the sti thats quicker, standard wrx slightly slower 6.2 or 6.5 secs/100km/h i think
    Im pretty sure both break 6s, theres maybe only a 0.3-4s difference across the WRX, WRP10 and STi.

But yes they do jump in front but then get reeled in. Thats one fairly common observation when theyre compared against Falcons and Commodores.
    I am the Stig

Congrats freelykinked, it's nice to start seeing some different cars about.
    Are you going to mess about (modify) with it at all?

not yet, would like to, but cant afford at the moment. if i do will almost certainly be a 3in turbo back exhaust first, to get a nicer note and to get it on boost even earlier

wow

i am not a mazda fan but i have to give it to them good job on this the best so far!!

Quote Originally Posted by Toyota4Life
    i am not a mazda fan but i have to give it to them good job on this the best so far!!
    RX-7 SP?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

not too shabby. I know that it won't be all for in America (If they are even going to sell it here) since we have a very meager market for hatchbacks. here, if you want a car, it has a trunk. If you want a car with a hatch, you get a SUV or Minivan.

But it looks liek it will hold its own in Europe, and will be able to keep up with the likes of teh Focus RS, GOlf GTi and Skoda. (Am I right, that one car by Seat, or am I thining of something else?)

i read about a long time ago
    heard the thing has tremendously awful torque steer

I saw this car on the cover of a magazine comparing it to the WRX which is stupid because the WRX is not FWD. It's FWD so I'll take the WRX.
    Real cars are not FWD.
    FWD at it's best -
    http://videos.streetfire.net/video/6FBCAADF-B7CB-432C-B938-01EB06BD83CE.htm

Quote Originally Posted by QBridge
    I saw this car on the cover of a magazine comparing it to the WRX which is stupid because the WRX is not FWD. It's FWD so I'll take the WRX.
    I wasn't a stupid comparison because Car and Driver was only comparing 0-60 times, not the complete performance range.

Quote Originally Posted by Prius
    not too shabby. I know that it won't be all for in America (If they are even going to sell it here) since we have a very meager market for hatchbacks. here, if you want a car, it has a trunk. If you want a car with a hatch, you get a SUV or Minivan.

But it looks liek it will hold its own in Europe, and will be able to keep up with the likes of teh Focus RS, GOlf GTi and Skoda. (Am I right, that one car by Seat, or am I thining of something else?)
    It is for sale in the US now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia
    I wasn't a stupid comparison because Car and Driver was only comparing 0-60 times, not the complete performance range.
    But they did do that because if they only compared 0-60 they wouldnt have written all those pages about the cars. Might of been a dif magazine.

I'll always take AWD over FWD any day of the week so no review can tell the Mazda is better and I'll always take RWD over anything.
    Real cars are not FWD.
    FWD at it's best -
    http://videos.streetfire.net/video/6FBCAADF-B7CB-432C-B938-01EB06BD83CE.htm

Quote Originally Posted by QBridge
    But they did do that because if they only compared 0-60 they wouldnt have written all those pages about the cars. Might of been a dif magazine.

I'll always take AWD over FWD any day of the week so no review can tell the Mazda is better and I'll always take RWD over anything.
    You only mentioned the cover, you never mentioned 'all those pages'...so which is it, a comment on a cover, or pages and pages of comparisons to a WRX?

Actually in the recent magazine of MotorTrend the only catagory the WRX got over the MSP3 was 1\4 mile by a milisecond. The MotorTrend choice between these two was the MPS3. They said once they hit 100 the MSP3 just took off. It seems like it was a close comparo. They mentioned that regardless of the FWD lay out that the MSP3 smoked the WRX in every coner of the track. With a 0.69g avg in the MT figure eight toping over WRX's .80g's MotorTrend said that the MSP3 just had a more agressive suspension over WRX's mild set. They tested at the AMCI autocross's track. MSP3 1:22.10sec
    vs WRX's 1:23.03sec's. So like i said the MSP3 spanked the WRX in almost all of the test catagory's they have. Acceleration being the only one the MSP3 couldent win. Keep in mind they had to launch the MSP3 at 1000rpms compared to the 5000rpm clutch drop the WRX could perform. All in all i will have to hand it to the FWD lil beast besting the WRX's awd.

Thread Information