Page 4 of 174 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official UCP Video Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco View Post
    Old footage of crashes at Adenauer Forest (chicane on the Nuerburgring) in 1970.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...38855&hl=en-GB

Some amazing footage, and I'm sure the gentleman in the blue Beetle would have preferred a seat belt
    It's a guess, but are skinny tires the result of many of those crashes? Those cars seem to lose much of their grip. The VW Beetles must have taken forever to get up to speed for those flips.

Skinny tyres do not cause cars to flip. Coming over a crest and trying to turn in with poor weight balance and driving skill is a bigger cause. Relatively primitive rear suspension designs (swing axle) is not helping some drivers either.
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=22142

anyone got the larger segment of this??
    All the Top Gear stuff is usually up on youtube before the BBC cracks down on it. I even saw the episode from yesterday on the BBC this morning! Which to me is lunacy, as I would watch Top Gear on TV if they played the new episodes here, which they don't. The TV stations should embrace the internet and put up the shit as well to become more popular and use ads for profit. Morons. Poke around for new Top Gear episodes then look at that user's collections as they are usualy regular posters of material.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepIt View Post
    Is that Rock?

He should consider a career in comedy...

funny video

I laughed hard/cried a little when I first saw this...enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/p.swf?video_i...rm2QTVVAOMocV6

I think you should've Kept it Understand that Allusion?
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

actually no....I'm sure it is obvious but that "allusion" sailed over my pee size brain

edit: I get it now! Because of my screen name "KeepIt"
    Last edited by KeepIt; 03-01-2007 at 12:01 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot

You just have to see this to believe it...

Hot Hatch track day (racing?) at Knockhill (right click, save target as)

http://www.scottishcarclub.com/teamgimp.flv

You have to download the player but it's worth it:

http://www.scottishcarclub.com/flvplayer.exe
    Zag when they Zig

It is NOT "racing" despite what they might want to brag.
    It's "hot hatch" and is now full of guys who think everyone else is a wanker on track and that they themselves do everything right. ( the video proves the truth and error of that )
    The vid is just BS and I've often had conversation with guys like that and suggest they take up racing seriously if they think they are THAT good.
    99% of them get lapped in controlled racing with just a few laps

Sadly the "hot hatch" events at tracks are now avoided by fast and expensive cars and good drivers out to exercise the limits safely. Would YOU want to share a track with the "gimps" ?

They're good for a laugh, but so is watching car chases on TV !!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    It is NOT "racing" despite what they might want to brag...
    I'm amazed by the way they crash into each other with wreckless abandon. I guess they don't care about their cars but they should care about the safety of the drivers and the passengers; at those speeds and such a difficult track it would be easy for someone to get hurt (just T bone a spinning car and voilá). I reckon track days would have multicar accidents now and again, but the video shows BTCC levels.
    Zag when they Zig

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco View Post
    Skinny tyres do not cause cars to flip. Coming over a crest and trying to turn in with poor weight balance and driving skill is a bigger cause. Relatively primitive rear suspension designs (swing axle) is not helping some drivers either.
    Don't forget a high center of gravity.

It's amazing how so many drivers went full throttle.

Even in the Gran Turismo 4 version, I went full throttle until I figured out to use the brake at the corner.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepIt View Post
    actually no....I'm sure it is obvious but that "allusion" sailed over my pee size brain

edit: I get it now! Because of my screen name "KeepIt"
    Yeah I was just joking..
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

Quote Originally Posted by magracer View Post
    I'm amazed by the way they crash into each other with wreckless abandon. I guess they don't care about their cars but they should care about the safety of the drivers and the passengers; at those speeds and such a difficult track it would be easy for someone to get hurt (just T bone a spinning car and voilá). I reckon track days would have multicar accidents now and again, but the video shows BTCC levels.
    yeah well you're seeing the worst of the idiots with that vid
    Not all trackdays are like that.
    However it's the main reason I recommend locals to go to CLUB organised trackdays and not the hot-hatch chav days.
    Notice how there are cones to channel them at corners ? That's an attempt to stop the idiotic dive for the inside that works for them on Gran Turismo "Real" days don't do that allowing you to explore the lines better.

and some of the cars are not road legal !!! MOT failures so worth very little.
    Most tracks are now responding by requiring to see an MOT for a car entry -- whcih are dead easy to forge
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    However it's the main reason I recommend locals to go to CLUB organised trackdays and not the hot-hatch chav days.
    x2, the porsche track day was very neatly organised and not a chance of a collision all day...
    that said, the sprint days are nowhere near as bad as that video and anyone can go to those at the sprints sometimes people go off the track, but never hit each other in al the times i've spectated them...
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Thread Information