Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Top Gear Series 13 [May contain spoilers]

But you DO debate, Rocke
    "opinion is right" .. NO. I've ONLY positioned that it is humourous to many.
    You played a "balnket card" on the show and the presenters.
    SO thus applyign your stadnard to all.
    LIKE the guy from the Daily Mail ... who sees precisely the opposite of the airship stunt from you ??

My inputs werwe to try to stop pointless posts about *I* don't like this for reasons X,Y and Z ... or ..... that part A,B and C were stupid coz *I* didn't think it funnay and saw it was staged.

IT IS ENTERTAINMENT

Enjoy or not .. jsut don't complain if you stay watching it
    It's a shame coz in the modern age the standard response of "there is always an OFF button" isn't universal enough !!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I just watched Top Gear for the first time ever this morning. I havent watched the whole episode yet but so far it seems like a great show! the host is a funny guy when he's reviewing cars, although im not crazy about the parts where they sit on chairs and talk about stuff that isn't cars but somewhat related.

the episode im watching is comparing the new civic type r with the older one
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

yeah iirc the sofa items are deleted from the "US versions" of the show.
    Too much Brit background needed for most fo them
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I agree.

I really like his car reviews though! They are spot on and its interesting to see someone reviewing the car while watching them drive it it helps to add a lot of context to the words.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Back in the day the news was one of my favorite aspects of the show, but I feel it has suffered the worst of any of the segments. It was much better when they just wandered around aimlessly, rather than having to hit certain points on a schedule. Despite the fact that they do that now, the new is no more informative than it was before.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

there comes a point in a programmes life-span where it gets so popular that its content becomes a blank canvas for its presenters. Top Gear has always owed its primary popularity to clarkson, who we all know quit the show when the BBC failed to offer him the money he demanded, and the show didnt take off again until he re-joined as the main presenter. Over the past 3 or 4 series the show has become one of the biggest network evening studio shows in the UK. So they no longer rely on ticking boxes to achieve viewing figures. Their status and the humour its known for is enough to attract viewers, and clarkson hammond and may know nobody else could take their job if the show wants to keep its popularity. So they can do whatever they want with the funding and the time they're given across the series. Which is mostly mess about, tell jokes, drive fast cars, blow up caravans and interview tob celebrities. Lets be honest, who wouldn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    Lets be honest, who wouldn't?
    the members of the Morris Marina preservation society...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I know this isn't the correct thread (entirely) and that I'm very late. But what an episode 15x02 was. The cheap car challenge was hilarious, James was great in the Porsche review and even SIARPC was quite brilliant.

Can they all be like that?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I know this isn't the correct thread (entirely) and that I'm very late. But what an episode 15x02 was. The cheap car challenge was hilarious, James was great in the Porsche review and even SIARPC was quite brilliant.

Can they all be like that?
    I skipped over SIARPC. I don't care about that sort of thing.

It was okay.

It was some bloke from the labour party. The antagonism between him a Clarkson was funny.

Not as funny as Michael something or other (the bloke that had Metro from the loser lane). With him I almost died laughing.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Michael McIntyre. Or thereabouts. He was rather amusing, yes.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Last night was another good'un.
    Not too much crap, just one big three-way test supported by good smaller segments.
    SIARPC (#2) could have been a little stronger, but Rubens more than made up for that.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Suprisingly, no comments about episode 15x05 yet.

In my mind, Top Gear can not do better than last night's episode.

May doing 410 kph in Veyron SS, hilarious news of George Peugeot working for Citroen, Cameron Diaz setting the the new course record only to be beaten by Tom Cruise driving his Kia on two wheels.

And then - a wonderful tribute to Ayrton Senna. Quite honestly, this was the best (and perhaps most serious) bit of film ever coming from Top Gear team.

Is the Cruise/Diaz episode on the new series? If it is it wouldn't be available in the U.S. until September or October. I get it on BBC America. I haven't seen a new episode in about a month so I guess that series is over.

Torrent....its your friend...

Last night's ep was great....

BTW, Barrichello made a shirt that say "I beat The Stig" and he wore it at German GP, and he made a shirt that says "I didn't beat The Stig" and gave it to Button, Webber, and Hamilton...

autosport.com - Photo Gallery: German GP Sunday (2010)
    Last edited by RacingManiac; 07-26-2010 at 01:45 PM.
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Thread Information