Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Bugatti Veyron vs Nissan Skyline

I like the skyline as much as the next guy... But enough with comparing it to "supercars". It is a great car, but most of that 'greatness' is its tunerability. You can modify the heck out of it, and its of Joe Dirts price range. (well maybe not that cheap).

As mentioned before but modified by me... Kids and not so true car enthusiast's 'love' this car... Men and real car enthusiast's 'like' this car.

Its a great car; but enough with the comparison's.

As for that 'le Fardier de Cugnot' car above... Does it come in red?
    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    -Rita Mae Brown-

ok.. ok

Ummmm… ok, I admit some of what I said I may have been misinformed on. But I know for a certain fact that the first car to have a turbo fitted to it was a Porsche 911 Turbo! (even check it) And anyway, I don’t just think that Germany is the best country; Europe is the best continent on this planet! Oh and if anyone is wondering, yes I live in Australia and frankly….. It sucks!!! It has only the 17 richest economy and more national debt than income! Also, Holden and Ford are actually owned by America so Australia doesn’t even have it’s own car company!

As for this Bugatti Veyron vs. Skyline GTR – what defines the best car? Isn’t it the speed of the car and how much work has gone into the engineering? Last time I checked – the Bugatti was the fastest production car in the world! And yes, I know that some little Asian car enthusiast can get his Skyline GTR and go to Tommy Kaira (or however you spell it) and get it done up to do 0-61mp/h in like 1.7 seconds but as soon as any customisation is done to a car (even a pod filter) it is no longer a ‘production vehicle’ and so it’s speed in comparison to a stock ‘production’ Bugatti is not counted/insignificant. And any way, if you (if you could) customise the Bugatti the same way you customised the Skyline, it would be even yet faster again!

Quote Originally Posted by German! View Post
    Ummmm… ok, I admit some of what I said I may have been misinformed on. But I know for a certain fact that the first car to have a turbo fitted to it was a Porsche 911 Turbo! (even check it) And anyway, I don’t just think that Germany is the best country; Europe is the best continent on this planet! Oh and if anyone is wondering, yes I live in Australia and frankly….. It sucks!!! It has only the 17 richest economy and more national debt than income! Also, Holden and Ford are actually owned by America so Australia doesn’t even have it’s own car company!
    Hater.... You Aussies got The Chasers's War on Everything and V8 Supercars. What more do you want?

The first production turbocharged automobile engines came from General Motors in 1962. The A-body Oldsmobile Cutlass Jetfire and Chevrolet Corvair Monza Spyder were both fitted with turbochargers. The Oldsmobile is often recognized as the first, since it came out a few months earlier than the Corvair. Its Turbo Jetfire was a 215 in³ (3.5 L) V8, while the Corvair engine was either a 145 in³ (2.3 L)(1962-63) or a 164 in³ (2.7 L) (1964-66) flat-6. Both of these engines were abandoned within a few years, and GM's next turbo engine came more than ten years later.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

I hate Australia and all it stands for! (even V8 supercars)

lol is that because you're 'German!' ?

actually, i am not but i wish i was!

a rare thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    a rare thing!
    Obviously he stands as an enemy of humor.

hah, not if u live in Australia!

I hate Australia and all it stands for! (even V8 supercars)
    then gtfo
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

y? r u Australian?
    Last edited by fpv_gtho; 09-18-2007 at 05:35 AM.

Ummmm… ok, I admit some of what I said I may have been misinformed on. But I know for a certain fact that the first car to have a turbo fitted to it was a Porsche 911 Turbo! (even check it)
    Fail.

Oh and if anyone is wondering, yes I live in Australia and frankly….. It sucks!!! It has only the 17 richest economy and more national debt than income!
    Because no one loves one of the best climates and some of the hottest girls in the world do they? Nor some of the best ecological systems, or the beer, but I must stop there before I fill this thread with more useless spam.

Also, Holden and Ford are actually owned by America so Australia doesn’t even have it’s own car company!
    ZOMG! go figure.

Theyre run as seperate entities, and Ford Aust from IIRC was recently kept from being sold off because its one of the more profitable Ford departments.
    Not only that, but Australian fords are better then the american counterparts, and no ford from europe can really equal (in terms of size + segment) to the aussie stuff.

GM let holden do its own thing, and even steal parts (Zeta Chassis) from us.

I know that some little Asian car enthusiast can get his Skyline GTR and go to Tommy Kaira (or however you spell it) and get it done up to do 0-61mp/h in like 1.7 seconds-
    Fail.

-but as soon as any customisation is done to a car (even a pod filter) it is no longer a ‘production vehicle’ and so it’s speed in comparison to a stock ‘production’ Bugatti is not counted/insignificant.
    Possibly the only correct statement youve made.

And any way, if you (if you could) customise the Bugatti the same way you customised the Skyline, it would be even yet faster again!
    Fail, heard of physics?
    Last edited by whiteballz; 09-17-2007 at 11:30 PM.

y? r u Australian?
    gee did my location give it away?
    lol go to germany, you have the wrong mentality to live here. Plus, you don't seem too bright. lol, porsche the first turbo'ed car..hahaha.
    Last edited by fpv_gtho; 09-18-2007 at 05:39 AM.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

And wot makes the continet Australia so special????

NOTHING!

And the continent of Europe????

EVERYTHING!

And wot makes the continet Australia so special????

NOTHING!

And the continent of Europe????

EVERYTHING!
    With all due respect. Either grow up or go away.
    autozine.org

Thread Information