View Poll Results: What do you think it is?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Miracle

2 11.11%
  • Coincidence

10 55.56%
  • Magic

0 0%
  • other:explain please

6 33.33%

Thread: Miracle vs Coincidence vs Magic vs other: Poll

Miracle vs Coincidence vs Magic vs other: Poll

I came up with this idea after a good friend of mine made up this quote I found interesting.

"Miracles.... = Magic in human terms. since miracles are automatically cancelled out in modern society"-Mitch

Sorry guys, matra made a good point so i am redoing the thread. please feel free to vote again, and lets gets this idea/thread back on.

The idea: Crazy things hapen all the time around the world....are they miracles from God, magic from wizards(or just weird poeple), coincidence, or other???
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Other, being that Miracles/Magic doesn't exist, and coincedence can't cover all of these weird happenings. Therefore, I go with that stuff just being weird.

Can't prove miracles DO exist. And can't brovbe they dont' either
    So I'm struggling with that as I kidn of want to half-tick Miracles to support those who DO belive in them :

Magic is just lack of understanding of the situation

Co-incidence is the logical solution

BUT, I go "other" too as it allows for the white mice to continue their experiments and hope that THIS time we do get the answer AND the question
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Can't prove miracles DO exist. And can't brovbe they dont' either
    So I'm struggling with that as I kidn of want to half-tick Miracles to support those who DO belive in them :

Magic is just lack of understanding of the situation

Co-incidence is the logical solution

BUT, I go "other" too as it allows for the white mice to continue their experiments and hope that THIS time we do get the answer AND the question
    Sure, Miracles can't be proven because all of the ones we're not sure about happened like 2000 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Sure, Miracles can't be proven because all of the ones we're not sure about happened like 2000 years ago.
    If you're Roman Catholic you believe miracles are happening daily at Lourdes !!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

That's what'd they want a Roman Catholic like me to believe, but it's just mind games, practically a placebo. People go there expecting to be cured of their illness, and when arrive, automatically feel better. In reality, they probably don't, but the hope and perhaps even the adrenaline rush from being 'cured' makes your body think you're free of illness.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    That's what'd they want a Roman Catholic like me to believe, but it's just mind games, practically a placebo. People go there expecting to be cured of their illness, and when arrive, automatically feel better. In reality, they probably don't, but the hope and perhaps even the adrenaline rush from being 'cured' makes your body think you're free of illness.
    the application of "co-incidence is the logical answer" theory

But it doesn't PROVE it - sadly !!!

Not just "feeling cured" there are MANY cited cases of tumours reducing and "miraculous cures" ( PS: I'm a bleiever that our bodies can cure themselves of many ailments - it's all just cell division and energy after all - and some people need an organised "faith" to achieve it and soem dont )

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Crazy things cannot be called miracle

Miracles' are supposed to be suprisingly good things, hence the name

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    I say miracles because there're too many unexplainable cases on this planet.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

>>If you're Roman Catholic you believe miracles are happening daily at Lourdes !!

That's not correct. There have been SOME miracles reported from there, but IIRC, it's something on the order of 10 total in over a century. The Catholic church is very reluctant to offically say that something is a miracle because if it comes out later that it's fraud, it makes them look very bad.

I didn't say the CHURCH, blackcat, I said the people -- "if you're RC you believe"

If you ever travel to France, go to Lourdes and see the queues

The church are very specific about accepting miracles except when they want to for beatification

oops;
    should have voted coincedence
    THIS IS A SIGNATURE
    (UCP'S biggest Zonda fan)

Stand up next to a mountain, chop it down with the edge of my hand. Pick up all the peices make an island over there
    Jimi H...

Thread Information