Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: "The 10 Worst Muscle Cars Of All Time"

Fleet ,Nota is quoting your post of the Mercedes "claim" in post #73. I cannot find your original post anymore. I do however notice that you edited post #70 yesterday which makes me think that you have simply deleted the part quoted by Nota and now play the innocent "correct" poster....This is the end for me.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    This is the end for me.
    That was very comically put.

If you did delete the quote Fleet, that'd be naughty.

Fleet ,Nota is quoting your post of the Mercedes "claim" in post #73. I cannot find your original post anymore. I do however notice that you edited post #70 yesterday which makes me think that you have simply deleted the part quoted by Nota and now play the innocent "correct" poster....This is the end for me.
    I don't recall deleting anything. I did edit post #70 to add another sentence.

Anyway, it doesn't matter because I remember someone here (nota, I believe) posting specs of the 6.3 Mercedes released by the factory and it had a claimed top speed of 144 mph. (I think it was 144).
    '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine, '95 Lincoln Town Car.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    That was very comically put.

If you did delete the quote Fleet, that'd be naughty.
    Again, I don't recall deleting another person's post. I, like others, sometimes don't repeat the entire person's post (quoting) when replying. But that is done when it's not necessary to post the whole quote.

I certainly have nothing to hide! And I have posted a lot of info to back up what I post.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleet 500 View Post
    It has extra gears, but it still needed 4100 rpm to go 103 mph (more revs than my Cadillac needs to go the same speed!).

Oh, I get it. My Cad weighs about 300-lbs more than the test car I posted, but mine has dual exhaust which that other car didn't have and a shift kit. So the 1/4 mile time would be about the same, and probably a little better.

Why are you spending so much time on that one race? There are many others in which a classic car wins against a modern car. This may shock some members here, but sometimes an old car does accelerate faster than a new car!
    Yet it still got better ecconmy.....

All guesses still null argument. Your like that kid when playing cops and robbers always had his sheilds up or for some other unexplainable reason couldent of died at that time, So what you have duals and what a stage 1 shift kit? you seem to think this will turn an overtly heavy yank tank into a ferrari....... And you deleted that post fleet good thing you currently had 0 credability to shred

Ill move onto the others later they have plenty of glareing facts missing too this ones the easiest to pick on
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500 View Post
    Yet it still got better ecconmy.....
    The Mercedes 6.3?
    It should... about 5,000 lbs lighter than my car with a much smaller engine. Fuel economy ain't everything! Actually, it didn't really do much better than my '69. The Road & Track test got 12.8 mpg with normal driving, my '69 Cad ranges from 9-13 mpg. Still strange that the Mercedes, with one more gear, had higher revs at 100 mph than my car!

All guesses still null argument. Your like that kid when playing cops and robbers always had his sheilds up or for some other unexplainable reason couldent of died at that time,
    No, I am like that kid who likes to rely on facts.

So what you have duals and what a stage 1 shift kit? you seem to think this will turn an overtly heavy yank tank into a ferrari.......
    I made those mods because along with being a Cadillac fan, I am also a muscle car enthusiast and I like to increase the performance of the cars I own. It is a Transgo shift kit.

And you deleted that post fleet good thing you currently had 0 credability to shred
    What was it I deleted?

Ill move onto the others later they have plenty of glareing facts missing too this ones the easiest to pick on
    I'm ready. I have plenty of facts to back up my posts, as always.

Again, I don't recall deleting another person's post.
    Of course you don't remember that, Mr. Alzheimer, simply because only mods can delete OTHER peoples posts. The problem is that you deleted part of YOUR own post, which can now only be found in the quote in Nota's post #73.

Of course you don't remember that, Mr. Alzheimer,.
    You really shouldn't call anyone that. It is a terrible disease to go through for both the person suffering from it and for the family.

simply because only mods can delete OTHER peoples posts. The problem is that you deleted part of YOUR own post, which can now only be found in the quote in Nota's post #73
    I remember editing my post #73 to add a sentence. Also with post #118 and #130. I don't remember deleting material, but whatever.

No, I am like that kid who likes to rely on facts.

I'm ready. I have plenty of facts to back up my posts, as always.
    So thats why you havent posted your own timeslip on it then? because thats one solid fact id accept.
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

Of course you don't remember that, Mr. Alzheimer, simply because only mods can delete OTHER peoples posts. The problem is that you deleted part of YOUR own post, which can now only be found in the quote in Nota's post #73.
    You really shouldn't call anyone that. It is a terrible disease to go through for both the person suffering from it and for the family.
    It certainly is. Pay nice henk, or don't play at all.

So thats why you havent posted your own timeslip on it then? because thats one solid fact id accept.
    My own timeslip? How do I do that? I only know the basic of computers and the internet... I certainly haven't mastered all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    It certainly is. Pay nice henk, or don't play at all.
    At least he spelled Alzheimer's correctly.

My own timeslip? How do I do that? I only know the basic of computers and the internet... I certainly haven't mastered all of it.
    Wel you go to the 1/4 mile you run a pass and get it signed by a track offical and you use one of the basics called a scanner or in a pinch you can take a photo (which ive seen you do) of it and there you go instant proof you car can (or cannot) run the claimed times.

Wel you go to the 1/4 mile you run a pass and get it signed by a track offical and you use one of the basics called a scanner or in a pinch you can take a photo (which ive seen you do) of it and there you go instant proof you car can (or cannot) run the claimed times.
    I've actually thought of taking my '69 to the track to see what it runs in the 1/4 mile. But considering that the 39-year-old engine in my car is the original (not rebuilt), I'm not sure if I want to keep it at full throttle for 16 or so seconds.

But who knows? I may do it anyway!

I've actually thought of taking my '69 to the track to see what it runs in the 1/4 mile. But considering that the 39-year-old engine in my car is the original (not rebuilt), I'm not sure if I want to keep it at full throttle for 16 or so seconds.
    Does that mean that you haven't actually run a 1/4 mile yet?
    Power, whether measured as HP, PS, or KW is what accelerates cars and gets it up to top speed. Power also determines how far you take a wall when you hit it
    Engine torque is an illusion.

Thread Information